ideas for a table in the cab. (1 Viewer)

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
IMG_2138.JPG
This is a Mod, not a build so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I'm looking for a solution to make a tiny dinette from the cab seats in my Autocruise StarDream. I've talked to a couple of dealers, and they think it's not going to be possible to fit a boom arm or a table slot in the floor, due to space. I'm open to any idea which will allow my eight year old to eat and colour etc on a table without putting the beds away. The cab seats swivel, but space is a bit tight. If I can eat as well, that will be a bonus, but I'm not fussed if it only works for her.

It needs to be easy to set up and store away, because we are going to be touring for six weeks in the summer, and looking to spend as little time setting up/decamping as possible. (As a single adult with a child, everything that a couple would do takes four times as long, because there is only one person to do it for two people, whilst attending to the disproportionate needs of the smaller person simultaneously!)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not sure of the layout you've got but how about adapting a couple of TV swing arm brackets with table tops on them (instead of a TV) and bolted to the cabinet \ bulkhead side?:unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Its not clear from the photo, but the can floor slopes, so a nice, easy to find, cheap freestanding table isn't an option (dammit!)

A tv bracket might work. I'm not sure what we'd do with them when in transit though.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Trays with an attached bean bag sit well on the knees. We're between tables and are using them at the moment. They work better than we thought they would.

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I love forums. The suggestion of a bivvy table (the existence of which I was blissfully unaware!) led to me searching for a 'clamp on tray table chair arm' which led to swing away wheelchair trays. I knew I’d seen something that would work (I used to be a physio). I’m thinking of these, if I can get one delivered. It’s exactly what I need.

Of course, it will cost. They seem very versatile, and I think there is a clamp option will will mean no need to pay for fitting and we can bring it with us when we change motorhome. Still, you know what they say. Cheap job, quick job, proper job.

There is also this, which might be good for drinks. Not substational enough to eat off, but a good place for just a coffee, I think.

We currently have bean bag trays, which work well enough for adults. They don’t sit so well on little knees, and apparently chewing and balancing them at the same time is beyond an eight year old.

Thank you to everyone for your help. Once I have extracted the (certainly expensive) solution and fitted it, I’ll post a pic.

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Old thread, but it might help someone. What I needed (and never found) was one of these:

<Broken link removed>

Absolutely brilliant and would have been easy for even me to fix in. I’m going to order a couple and take the absurdly heavy one out of the Carthago.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back