Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
All over the motorway system there are signs that typically say "8 miles to Junction 21, 9 minutes". This information is of very little use to me and I almost never have an alternative option.

However, at the M6 toll road region I always spot "congestion between Junction 8 and 10". Because it costs almost a tenner I tend to suffer the delay - if there is one. Quite often the delay is non existent, or it is minimal.

Wouldn't it be so useful if they used one of their "20 miles, 55 minute" warnings. That way we could all make a value judgement as to whether to get ripped off or sit through the delay.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
The M6 toll always says congestion thru Brum, more often than not when we're coming through there isn't any, but 'they' want you to think there is and use the toll, kerching:Angry: Money grabbing so and so's.

I can't see 'them' changing:Angry:

Have to say I've never used it, I pay enough motoring tax as it is and besides the extra time on the jorney for me would require a serious holdup to do me any good.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Weve used it a couple of times when travelling south with the car and its excellent. Ive never used it with the mh and have never had any serious delay by using the M6 proper.

The big delays seem to always be heading North on a Friday afternoon. Like a lot of things if they were to drop the prices then more people would use it.

Maybe they are waiting for the day when its just impossible to fit all of the traffic onto the M6 and thats not to far away.

At least we will be able to have a kip and a cuppa in the back. :winky:

Jim
::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back