I'd like to sell my van sooner than later...... (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ref Ebay - I believe that if you 'win' an auction/buy it now for a motor vehilce it is NOT legally binding, it certainly is NOT covered by any sort of buyer protection whatsoever.

Never sell any vehicle as an 'auction' as the costs are silly, much better to do a classified ad for £15.

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Ha! She just said that if she could PX the van and ME (!) for the Oyster ................. :(

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I always knew I was 'priceless' haha :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@Popeye, this was us 10 years ago :(

Picture 080.jpg

?

Deleted User
Never sell any vehicle as an 'auction' as the costs are silly, much better to do a classified ad for £15.

Yip just stuck my car in as a classified. £14.99 and up to 9 pictures. Well i say stuck it in... I need to wait 24 hours as for some reason it asked me my security code for the first time in eight years and i forgot :( First car was a Datsun not Nissan. Stupid thing it let me in to change the questions but not place the ad. Ach well, no hurry.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Haha, c'mon Judge, with one for sale you would say that ;) Not every one wants single beds or a loo that cuts the van in half when on the throne :D Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

Glad to hear your op went well :) let's hope we both sell successfully (y)

OH Dear...I knew I would regret my frankness:whistle: Your simply wrong the extra length vans in a different leauge for living space and comfort. 120 long rangelitres tanks on heaver chassi and most like mine have the 150 bhp engine which is a dream..... 6 meter vans with transverse bed to much of a compromise when most are downsizing.

Your comments about shower plain silly, yes it blocks access to rear but only when its being used and is far more comfortable and spacious. All I am being is direst and trying to be helpful, this not a competition....I am in no rush teh winter difficult to sell happy to wait till spring if need be. If you want to sell quickly stop wasting your time and market it:)

I have helped at least 6 funsters Import Gobecar/Possl vans. at least 4 full UK spec RHD..at prices that would make you cringe..at least £10,000 per van cheaper...

Thats me done on this thread I wont be looking in agin...This is a genuine good luck with your sale but please for you own sake be realistic.

Eddie

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
OH Dear...I knew I would regret my frankness:whistle: Your simply wrong the extra length vans in a different leauge for living space and comfort. 120 long rangelitres tanks on heaver chassi and most like mine have the 150 bhp engine which is a dream..... 6 meter vans with transverse bed to much of a compromise when most are downsizing.

Your comments about shower plain silly, yes it blocks access to rear but only when its being used and is far more comfortable and spacious. All I am being is direst and trying to be helpful, this not a competition....I am in no rush teh winter difficult to sell happy to wait till spring if need be. If you want to sell quickly stop wasting your time and market it:)

I have helped at least 6 funsters Import Gobecar/Possl vans. at least 4 full UK spec RHD..at prices that would make you cringe..at least £10,000 per van cheaper...

Thats me done on this thread I wont be looking in agin...This is a genuine good luck with your sale but please for you own sake be realistic.

Eddie

@Judge Mental Morning Judge! (I know you will look in because you simply can not resist!

I agree with you, it's not a competition. However I can not let your scathing (and heavily biassed) remarks go unchecked :whistle:

My van has the long range tank anyway :p

130 hp is plenty for most people (y) MPG is better (36 average)

And the shower is something you either like or you don't. Personally I chose NOT to have the centre shower because it lowers the headroom when walking through the van, blocks access from front to back completely when in use, and after a shower fills the van with damp moist air.

As for the length , 6 metres is VERY beneficial when travelling on UK ferries or European toll roads and tunnels :) We saved a small fortune over the last three years (many many £hundreds).

I know you like imports and you have a reputation for being rather direct (!) and you probably mean well. BUT not everyone is comfortable with either LHD or imports. I have made a point previously of not 'knocking' your choice of van, so please don't knock mine.

As for the price, I will be happy to lower the price for a quick sale. The point is YOU do not know by how much! I'm being very realistic Eddie, you need not worry about that :)

As you say, let's stop whilst we're ahead eh?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think the ebay terms and conditions have changed. I think that now, any bid over reserve is binding.
Regards Phil
It is binding on the seller, in the sense once the auction is underway you can't stop it except in exceptional circumstances but it is not binding on the purchaser, particularly for a vehicle which they haven't seen - which makes sense, annoying thought it is as I've had buyers decide not to proceed.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I recall that in just a few days it had bids up around £27,000, now if you are aware that the dealer had offered me £30,000 or £5000 off the price if I manged to sell it privately and that was without beginning to negotiate so at £27000 I was already £2000 ahead of the opening offer from Southdowns.

Then it sold for £30,500 and he gave me a further £900 for a load of bits an pieces. Then of course once I had been let down by the seller of the new Frankia I found the larger model in Germany and after a bit of negotiation saved almost £30,000 plus the exchange rate was in my favour as well, every day that I hadn't parted with the dosh saved another £1000 on the £100,000+ exchange rate.

All in all it was the deal of the century and I'm still chuffed to this day.
Childish logic....FYI THEY are all imports?. Most fly over and have it back the same day!. Whar dont you understand sbout rhd FULL UK spec....your happy to pay a high middle man premium. Most sensible people are not and get proper professional and experienced dealer support into the bargain.

I only looked in because you quoted me..

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
On Ebay now (y)

(with a price reduction)

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice about selling on Ebay. I have gone for the 28 day classified advert for £15.00

Here's hoping (y)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Why not put up the e-bay link there might be someone interested
Ah ha ............ well, as it happens I have just been 'talking' to Ebay help line on the 'net asking why the ad has not appeared yet? Apparently the adverts have to be indexed first so I can not put a link on just yet :cautious:

(anyway, it's already on here in the classified section (y))

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
It is binding on the seller, in the sense once the auction is underway you can't stop it except in exceptional circumstances but it is not binding on the purchaser, particularly for a vehicle which they haven't seen - which makes sense, annoying thought it is as I've had buyers decide not to proceed.

I think you can end it by just choosing an option such as 'no longer available' or 'mistake on listing'. Ebay may slap you on the wrist if it is too close to the end but generally they don't care. If you then refuse to sell it once auction is finished worst case is a black mark from ebay and a neg feedback from buyer.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
I think you can end it by just choosing an option such as 'no longer available' or 'mistake on listing'. Ebay may slap you on the wrist if it is too close to the end but generally they don't care. If you then refuse to sell it once auction is finished worst case is a black mark from ebay and a neg feedback from buyer.

Lost or broken is my favourite :):):)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
As requested, here is the Ebay link (y)

Broken Link Removed

I have already been surprised by the results so far ............. a couple of silly offers (to be expected) and a couple of serious enquiries and a viewing later :)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
As requested, here is the Ebay link (y)

Broken Link Removed

I have already been surprised by the results so far ............. a couple of silly offers (to be expected) and a couple of serious enquiries and a viewing later :)
Great pics and product description
Have you researched how it compares with similar vehicles for currently sale on EBAY?

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Great pics and product description
Have you researched how it compares with similar vehicles for currently sale on EBAY?
Thanks Robert, yes I have and I think it's fair. It is difficult when selling 'nationally' I reckon as distance between buyer and seller can affect the 'desirability' of identical vehicles.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back