Icecrypt 16000 chd intelsat 907 firmare (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
The reason for asking is; if I connect the Icecrypt box to the receiver outlet on the teleco control box the satellite control switch changes itself to Astra 23 very odd. If I connect the tv with built in receiver to the receiver outlet then it works fine. If I connect the Icecrypt to the "Easy" LNB lead it works fine, well at least it doesn't change the satellite.
Sorry we were typing at the same time so like the two Ronnies I answered the question before last.
I don't know your system specifically but I imagine the reason that happens is that DiSEqC is not set up in the Icecrypt properly. You need to look at the settings in your tuner. Look for the DiSEqC switch settings. You will need to manually copy those into the Icecrypt and then connect it to the receiver outlet on the Telco and it should work the same. But if it ain't broke, why change it?
But for others, In my system I have the Icecrypt set so setting Astra 2 switches DiSEqC 1 which switches to the left hand fixed LNB for Astra2 and rotates the dish to the 1st satellite setup in the Oyster Vision 2 which is Astra2.
When I tune the Icecrypt to Intelsat 907 it switches DiSEqC 2 which selects the right hand LNB which is set up for Intelsat and rotates the dish to Hipasat which is near Intelsat at 30w and set up as the 2nd satellite in the Oyster which rotates and locks on to Hipasat. I then switch the Oyster to manual put a meter on the screen and do two clicks to the left and one up which usually gets about 75% quality on 907. Not as easy as yours but not too much different.
But I had to talk to people and research what was happening so as to understand it and set it up like that.
But remember the use of 907 is not authorised and could stop working at any time. I am sure that the BBC is aware that a few hobbyists have got round their encryption and are using their system but they have done what is needed to protect it for their copywrite purposes. When the Satellite reaches it's end of life they will probably find a better alternative and we will lose the facility.
But I am sure your supplier explained all that to you when they fitted it.
Good luck, all the information you need to learn is fully available if you search the www. I find it fascinating and another new thing to learn and a new challenge to meet which I enjoy. I don't do fishing or plane spotting and am completely uninterested in sports, but love technical challenges.
Steve

Sep 24, 2010
Funster No
I dont know if this will help you but ive just looked at where the cables go . 2 black cables come through the motorhome roof , one has an easy sticker on it and goes into the teleco control box the other goes directly to the sky box . 1 white cable leaves the control box next to the easy cable entry and goes directly to the icecrypt box . Then a cable from the sky box and a cable from the icecrypt goes into the television .

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
I dont know if this will help you but ive just looked at where the cables go . 2 black cables come through the motorhome roof , one has an easy sticker on it and goes into the teleco control box the other goes directly to the sky box . 1 white cable leaves the control box next to the easy cable entry and goes directly to the icecrypt box . Then a cable from the sky box and a cable from the icecrypt goes into the television .
Thanks that's very helpful. The cable marked receiver goes into the teleco control box on mine. Leaving the easy cable free to connect to another receiver i.e. Icecrypt box. I think I will email scan terieur the importers to see which is the right way to wire up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
@OldAgeTravellers many thanks for your reply. I am not very technical when it comes to satellite systems that's why I brought a "plug in and play system" and my Icecrypt was supplied and set up by Fernando in the Algarve in 2014. I tried it in the UK when the dish was fitted and it worked perfectly but in southern Spain it has not been great. Changed polarity to horizontal yesterday and started to get pictures but quality varies between 58 and 70 so not a stable picture.
Never mind the weathers good and walking is good in Cabo de Gata.
I know worrying about tv is a bit sad and makes no sense to many motorhomes but I was hoping to watch some 6 nations matches next month.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Are you getting programs via 907? I'm sure that the orientation of the transponder is V = Vertical
Just an update, if you read above, I have followed @fredqwen info and changed the LNB connections. Once this was done I lost picture but changed polarity to vertical and now have perfect tv pictures with stable quality. The LNB connection was made by the supplying dealer so I thought it was right.
Therefore you are correct, vertical is the correct setting, so many thanks for your input and all other contributors as I am sure without this input I would still not have tv.

OP
OP
J

Junzuki

Free Member
May 27, 2015
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I intended to full time post retirement in 2016
Just an update, if you read above, I have followed @fredqwen info and changed the LNB connections. Once this was done I lost picture but changed polarity to vertical and now have perfect tv pictures with stable quality. The LNB connection was made by the supplying dealer so I thought it was right.
Therefore you are correct, vertical is the correct setting, so many thanks for your input and all other contributors as I am sure without this input I would still not have tv.

Great, I'm glad you got it sorted out. Seems a dodgy connection all the while!

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
hi , i have the same setup as you and its great ! its our third different satellite system and the best by far . Also the most expensive by far ! . We are in morocco right now and were getting corrie right down to agadir .
Hi Fredgwen, what satellite system have you got, mine is an Oyster 85cm twin lnb auto-skew, have just bought a new Icecrypt 1600chdse but don't know how to programme it, do I need the internet to do it?? I am clueless with most things technical, my previous box also an Icecrypt worked fine last winter in Spain/Portugal but has since just died, would be grateful for any help or advice. TIA

Sep 24, 2010
Funster No
hello , ive got a teleco 85 cm twin lnb auto skew . i'm not the right person to ask because i just paid for it all to be done for me . There are other people on this website who were involved with the thread with me that know a lot more than me about it . My advice would be to do what i did and pay someone , makes life easier !

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Fredgwen, what satellite system have you got, mine is an Oyster 85cm twin lnb auto-skew, have just bought a new Icecrypt 1600chdse but don't know how to programme it, do I need the internet to do it?? I am clueless with most things technical, my previous box also an Icecrypt worked fine last winter in Spain/Portugal but has since just died, would be grateful for any help or advice. TIA
Hi @gwyntaxi you need to install the custom firmware which is available from the internet. If you search this forum relating to Intelsat907 there is another thread with the link. Once you have installed the custom firmware it will provide an additional menu which will allow you to access the BBC BISS menu which will allow you to input the current key.

I couldn’t actually get the custom firmware to load onto my Icecrypt 1600 CHDSE without going through I think 4 custom firmware upgrades which took me best part of day to do! It’s not as easy as some of the websites would like you to believe.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Many thanks for your advice, I will try and find this information on the internet, though I won't hold my breath as my skills at computing are absolute rubbish.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Hi @gwyntaxi you need to install the custom firmware which is available from the internet. If you search this forum relating to Intelsat907 there is another thread with the link. Once you have installed the custom firmware it will provide an additional menu which will allow you to access the BBC BISS menu which will allow you to input the current key.

I couldn’t actually get the custom firmware to load onto my Icecrypt 1600 CHDSE without going through I think 4 custom firmware upgrades which took me best part of day to do! It’s not as easy as some of the websites would like you to believe.
Hi dpsuk999, I've tried what a lot of folk are suggesting re; inputing the biss codes but when I go to conditional access all I get is ONE symbol which is a circle with the letter I in it if I click ok on the "i" allI get then is;slot 1=none
uart=none
ca message=on
mse timeout=3
none of this means anything to me and I get any further with it, on my old Icecrypt s1600chd box when I clicked on conditional access it gave a list of items and at the bottom of the list were Biss codes but these are nowhere to be found on my Icecrypt 1600CHDse,so I am at a complete loss. Any suggestions what else I could try. TIA

Seakerr

Free Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Moved from caravan in 2017
OMG is this serious!
It’s all gibberish to me. Where have I been?
Seaker

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi dpsuk999, I've tried what a lot of folk are suggesting re; inputing the biss codes but when I go to conditional access all I get is ONE symbol which is a circle with the letter I in it if I click ok on the "i" allI get then is;slot 1=none
uart=none
ca message=on
mse timeout=3
none of this means anything to me and I get any further with it, on my old Icecrypt s1600chd box when I clicked on conditional access it gave a list of items and at the bottom of the list were Biss codes but these are nowhere to be found on my Icecrypt 1600CHDse,so I am at a complete loss. Any suggestions what else I could try. TIA
Hi @gwyntaxi have you successfully installed the custom firmware?

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Hi @gwyntaxi have you successfully installed the custom firmware?
Hi dpsuk999, No mate,haven’t done it cos to be honest I haven’t got a clue how to even start,my computer skills are absolutely rubbish, so I’ll have to wait until I meet up with a funster who’s a lot more computer literate than I am and ask them to help me do it. I did try and find the biss codes but they are not in the conditional access menu, in the photographs shown on previous pages of this thread the CA menu shows 5or6 symbols, but when I click ok on Conditional Access I only get 1 symbol and that is the circle with the letter “i” in it so I tried putting 1407 into the screen but no joy, as I said I really haven’t got a clue so I”ll just leave it until I can meet up with someone with a lot more knowledge than myself, thanks for you time and interest all the same much appreciated.

DJP

Free Member
Nov 4, 2008
Somewhere in Europe
Funster No
Exp
50 miles from Valencia and can get BBC1/2/3, ITV london, Cebbies, Film 4+1 and a few variations of local BBC and ITV channels. 85cm dish, twin auto LNB

Seakerr

Free Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Moved from caravan in 2017
Are you lot serious?
This is surely way out stuff.........I hope.
Seaker

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Are you lot serious?
This is surely way out stuff.........I hope.
Seaker
We are getting all of that in Lagos, Portugal without Autoskew. All the info and full instructions is freely available on the web.
@gwyntaxi if you haven't got the BICC code entry screen shown earlier then you haven't upgraded with the correct firmware. There is the standard and the SE versions for the 1600chd which are different. You probably missed the quick message which says incorrect firmware on screen for about a second.
Check which Icecrypt you have then look for the correct version on SatPimps. Copy to a blank stick formatted as fat and follow the instructions in the readme. You really don't have to be computer savvy just follow instructions to the letter. Don't forget to backup firmware first.
Steve

Sep 24, 2010
Funster No
we were in tarfaya morocco last weekend and got all of them as well .

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
we were in tarfaya morocco last weekend and got all of them as well .
Glad to hear that, I assumed it would work in Morocco because the footprint covers part of it. It also covers the east coast of the USA, be interesting to know if anybody over there is using the system.
Steve

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
We are getting all of that in Lagos, Portugal without Autoskew. All the info and full instructions is freely available on the web.
@gwyntaxi if you haven't got the BICC code entry screen shown earlier then you haven't upgraded with the correct firmware. There is the standard and the SE versions for the 1600chd which are different. You probably missed the quick message which says incorrect firmware on screen for about a second.
Check which Icecrypt you have then look for the correct version on SatPimps. Copy to a blank stick formatted as fat and follow the instructions in the readme. You really don't have to be computer savvy just follow instructions to the letter. Don't forget to backup firmware first.
Steve
Many thanks for your efforts to help me when I say I’m not computer savvy I really mean is I’m computer useless, I just can’t take it in, i’ve tried but just cannot absorb it, I can manage an email,but when it comes to booking things like Motorhome shows or rallies etc, online I find it an absolute nightmare and extremely stressfull

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Many thanks for your efforts to help me when I say I’m not computer savvy I really mean is I’m computer useless, I just can’t take it in, i’ve tried but just cannot absorb it, I can manage an email,but when it comes to booking things like Motorhome shows or rallies etc, online I find it an absolute nightmare and extremely stressfull. gwyntaxi

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
I was updating mine from the Icecrypt website but that disappeared just before Christmas. I will be interested to find out how others are getting on with Intelsat 907 in southern Spain at the moment.
Ours is working fine at La Manga , using an 80cm freestanding Televes Sat dish fixed at ground level and Icecrypt 1600 CHD receiver

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Ours is working fine at La Manga , using an 80cm freestanding Televes Sat dish fixed at ground level and Icecrypt 1600 CHD receiver
Many thanks, I recently got my system working after changing the twin feeds from the LNB around.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
hello , ive got a teleco 85 cm twin lnb auto skew . i'm not the right person to ask because i just paid for it all to be done for me . There are other people on this website who were involved with the thread with me that know a lot more than me about it . My advice would be to do what i did and pay someone , makes life easier !
Hi Fredgwen, many thanks for your advice, who do you pay to do it or where do you have to take it or send it to, and approximately what does it cost.??? TIA

Sep 24, 2010
Funster No
hello gwyntaxi , I think ive sent you a message directly ( not through this link ) if not let me know and i will try again .

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Hi Fredgwen, many thanks for your advice, who do you pay to do it or where do you have to take it or send it to, and approximately what does it cost.??? TIA

Did you ever get your teleco system working and if so who did you take it too as mine is not working properly and I literally have no clue what I am doing so need to pay someone to set it up for me

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back