Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S2 (1 Viewer)

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I`d rather have the chocolate cos ice cream makes the bread soggy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Sorry Hilda I haven`t got a clue wot u on abaht

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
I`d rather have the chocolate cos ice cream makes the bread soggy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Sorry Hilda I haven`t got a clue wot u on abaht

He is talking about the Android operating system in his phone.
It seems that all the Android OS are called stupid names!!
Good OS though!

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Typical, ask a sensible question and what do you get?

A bumble bee and the Red Baron.

Guys, get with it, the days of operator assisted calls are well gone. Scotland Yard is no longer Whitehall 1212..

"Ice Cream Sandwich" is the latest software from Android for those mobile phone thingies,,,

We are doomed, the average age of a funster must be reaching nearly 82 and growing,,,, All mostly with 4 x 4 zimmer frames and struggle to get back from the bathroom without TomTom,,,

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
He is talking about the Android operating system in his phone.
It seems that all the Android OS are called stupid names!!
Good OS though!

for Bumble bee and the Red Baron..,

OS, is Operating System,,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I can only make phone calls on mine Hilda,any way I just upgraded so there!!!!!
images

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Typical, ask a sensible question and what do you get?

A bumble bee and the Red Baron.

Guys, get with it, the days of operator assisted calls are well gone. Scotland Yard is no longer Whitehall 1212..

"Ice Cream Sandwich" is the latest software from Android for those mobile phone thingies,,,

We are doomed, the average age of a funster must be reaching nearly 82 and growing,,,, All mostly with 4 x 4 zimmer frames and struggle to get back from the bathroom without TomTom,,,

I don't call Tom he's retired I call matron on me apple opp5:getmecoat::reel::reel:

carry on then

Free Member
Oct 25, 2011
.EU
Funster No
MH
camper sort of thingy
Exp
about 5 minutes
as with any operating system, there's benefits to updating to the latest version .
In the case of a mobile , it usually makes things run better and smoother in the background , and has ironed out any faults from the previous version.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Best upgrade is to Symbian on Nokia isn't it? :roflmto::roflmto:

Can I interest anyone in a Psion Series 5....close enough :winky:

Ice Cream Sandwich includes "Face Unlock", as seen on that Samsung advert on TV at the moment. So if you see Hilda gurning at his S2, he isn't trying to scare somebody on video chat....the phone's refusing to recognize him :imoutahere:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Used to love my Psion Series 5 until it broke. First device I used with a mobile phone for e-mails on the move. I think it's actually still up in the loft somewhere unless I chucked it out last time I had a clear out.

Ice Cream Sandwich includes "Face Unlock", as seen on that Samsung advert on TV at the moment. So if you see Hilda gurning at his S2, he isn't trying to scare somebody on video chat....the phone's refusing to recognize him :imoutahere:

:roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007

Dead man walking......:restmycase:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Anyone know whats the difference/ benefit?
There are as you know ShiftZZ a number of improvements to what is already a superior operating system:thumb:, Android 4 or as you say ice-cream sandwich will be on your phone very soon so you will be able to see for yourself. Having said that, my service provider "Three" is suppose to be the first to issue this download, I think they started to send it out last week but alas it has not reached me as yet. :Sad:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
They have got funny names havent they. Mine is called ginberbread at the moment on my galaxy note. Is there an update to that to ice cream sandwich the OS seems by reading your link a very much improved OS especially when it comes to auto correction and word replacement when typing. I have got it wrong numerous times so have to proof read my posts first. Still sometimes get it wrong if in a hurry. With hilarous outcomes sometimes

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Shifty, you should not be allowed anywhere near technological equipment (which in your case is anything more complex in operation than a wheelbarrow).

Best upgrade is to Symbian on Nokia isn't it? :roflmto::roflmto:

Dont encourage him, Graham.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Now running Android 4

On a serious note here....:rain:....I have just upgraded my S2 to Ice-cream sandwich, absolutely no problems. I did it through Kies connected to my laptop, took about 15 mins and appears to be working a lot faster. Anyone else upgraded yet :thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I can only make phone calls on mine Hilda,any way I just upgraded so there!!!!!
images

hey we still have one of those mobile/car/field phones - wonder if they are worth anything yet

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Android 4.0.3

Now a week since updating to Android 4.0.3 (ice cream sandwich) two most notable differances are that the speed has significantly increased and the battery now lasts much much longer. Many other improvements but the above two made the update well worthwhile. Makes my partners Iphone 4s appear very dated but she still thinks it is the bee's knees.:winky:
Anyone else updated yet?:thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for that buttons, I have the galaxy note, is there a sandwich update on that sounds good?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!