icarsoft OBD11 reader tried & tested by myself. Great bit of kit. (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
We currently run a Mercedes Benz R350 & whilst the roads around here were being resurfaced I picked up a stone in the front nearside brake disc/caliper.
The ESP ABS warning popped up on the dash, oh pants said I.

As I do not like others working on my vehicles which is especially true where brakes are concerned, I stripped the front caliper down & removed the stone debris from the drilled & vented disc.
I rebuilt the front brakes which had very recently had new discs & pads.

I also checked the ABS sensor wiring & gap & found nothing wrong.
Now time for a wee test run, but to my dismay the ABS & ESP light stayed on!

Now I brought out my generic OBD11 reader which did show a faulty ABS sensor but, not which one.

I looked on line for a front nearside ABS sensor & a genuine Mercedes item was going to cost £155.
I kinda winced at the cost & whilst I was fairly sure it was a the front sensor, I decided to look for a dedicated OBD11 machine.
I came across the icarsoft, so looked on You Tube to see the gadget in action.
Suitably impressed I ordered the MB11 model @£136, the big bonus is that it also covers Sprinter & Smart car as well as most Mercedes cars.
As we're actually looking for another Sprinter based motorhome I figured it'd be a win, win situation.

The icarsoft gadget arrived 2 days later so I spent the rest of the day reading the instructions! Yes you read that correctly a man who reads instructions.
Updates are free for this reader too.

Time to plug it into the car & interrogate the cars computer.
The gadget informed me that it was actually a rear ABS sensor that was giving the rogue signal.

Right, back to the drawing board & I ordered up a rear Abs sensor @£26, excellent news.
Sensor now fitted, cleared the fault & it was job done.
So this reader had paid for itself on its first outing.

They also do a reader for the FIAT Ducato at the same price £136 & I reckon that's a bit of a bargain.

I have no connection to icarsoft & I'm only giving my impressions of this reader but, you could certainly do a lot worse than buy one.

Below is the link to the Ebay seller who sell this fantastic bit of kit & the second link is for the same machine but using FIAT readers.

Robert AKA @ambulancekidd.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=362042730740

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=292474504432

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back