scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
tried and successfully set up iboost on drive connected to house Wi-fi ( could not connect without) got 66to 72dBm not bad. But tv would not stream. So disconnected iboost and turned on mifi with 3 sim streamed tv perfect???

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
What’s he alternative or stick with mifi and take data cost on the chin?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
tried and successfully set up iboost on drive connected to house Wi-fi ( could not connect without) got 66to 72dBm not bad. But tv would not stream. So disconnected iboost and turned on mifi with 3 sim streamed tv perfect???
I do the same when parked on my Sister in laws drive, works fine, are you sure you following the instructions correctly?

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Yes got tv to work but kept freezing on iboost the switch to mifi and works perfect?

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Can’t find way to put photo on

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
I used my iboost to stream the Tour of Flanders from the campsite Wi-Fi at Ionion Beach yesterday. No reception without it and only 3G for data. It’s not perfect but worth persevering with.
Richard

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Used it a few times in France, FON hard going, some campsites are jut too weak, I now have 3 mobile sim only, unlimitd data, unlimited calls , unlimoted txt, I tether..

Job done..

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Sold ours because we found we only used it when staying at our daughters and using their internet. :LOL:

Can't remember how to do it now, :rolleyes: but sold it to Steve @sweetie he might be able to help. :D2 Bob.

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Used it last weekend for the first time :( can I borrow Janie to refresh my memory how to set it up. She showed me exactly what to do but the old memory ain’t to great. Now what did I say(n)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
If she was doing it, ;) it would come back to her. :LOL:

Then she said what's an iboost, and who's Steve. :doh:
Contact Adam @Addie motorhome wifi. (y) Bob.

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Just putting feelers out really as to which is the best way to go as regards streaming etc. This is not about downing the Iboost or MotorhomeWifi they have always been helpful and iboost now few years old. Just wondered what there is out there nowadays.ta

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
At this years NEC we talked to Sophie who actually said for our use, mifi would be be better than iboost. They give really good advice and will certainly sort you out if you want them to. We are really pleased with the mifi package 2 we bought.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

The iBoost is connecting to your home router, your MiFi is connecting via 3/4G and so they're doing very different things in that respect. Your home router is likely behind walls and the signal won't be leaving the house in a way that allows the connection to be strong enough to download at a high rate. As you have control over 'both ends' of the connection here, you could always move the house router location inside which may yield better results.

This really highlights the point that it's not the iBoost has changed over the years but our expectations. Back in 2012 when we first launched it, we [motorhomers] were just happy to get an internet connection and were willing to put in the effort to do so. Many days of our 12-month European tour were spent hunting out for free and fast WiFi and anybody who was motorhoming ~8 years ago will remember this well.

Now, not only we do expect to be able to 'push a button and get online' but we expect to be able to reliably stream TV over these weak and distant signals. There is also not so much 'free' wifi around these days since the end of roaming charges, tourist locations don't offer it like they used to.

When we first started selling MiFi's at shows 5/6 years back, customers were horrified that they had to pay for their data. Why would we pay X per MB/GB if we can get it for free from WiFi? However, the demands we are now placing on free WiFi are such that there really is no alternative.

The iBoost is still a useful tool, we sell a lot to people on seasonal pitches from recommendation, but it is just a tool in that respect. That being said - we are still committed to providing the best advice and lifetime (and after 7 years, often multi-user) support and so please do contact us via www.motorhomewifi.com/support with the requested screenshots and we'll always get back to you.

Thank you for the kind words @Zigisla

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes always good advice, and very helpful, Adam has helped us on occasions, a great company to deal with. (y) Bob and Janie.

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
ADDIE.As usual here to back up your product I brought it off you a few yrs ago now and have not been unhappy with it,when we have had probs you have always helped as much as you can.Everything you have just said is right I know. I just wondered what everyone was preferring nowadays for connection knowing we all need it for diff reasons.i mostly use my mifi for short bursts to watch live sports events ie streaming.
I like the look of theE5577 but am confused that that model has a few variants with letters a. c. s. 123 behind and I can’t find out what they mean?ta

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
ADDIE.As usual here to back up your product I brought it off you a few yrs ago now and have not been unhappy with it,when we have had probs you have always helped as much as you can.Everything you have just said is right I know. I just wondered what everyone was preferring nowadays for connection knowing we all need it for diff reasons.i mostly use my mifi for short bursts to watch live sports events ie streaming.
I like the look of the E5577 but am confused that that model has a few variants with letters a. c. s. 123 behind and I can’t find out what they mean?ta

The best one is the E5577Cs-321. Standard 1500mA battery, 2x antenna sockets for future antenna upgrade if required and 10 devices via WiFi.
https://www.motorhomewifi.com/product/4g-huawei-e5577/

The -321 part is the banding, 321 includes Europe and most of the world other bands may be grey imports that miss out bands used in Europe.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I use mine at every opportunity and usually find WiFi good enough for what I need, it’s great if on a site as then we can connect several devices at once...:whistle:

Only had to email @Addie once at the beginning as I’d forgotten to click a button..:doh: and that was on a Sunday evening and got a reply 45mins later...(y)

I’ll be keeping mine...:D

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Had a long chat with Addie. I am going to keep my mifi (HUAWEI 5573s-320) for 4g connection along with iPad Pro Wi-fi and data.it also has 3 sim in for everyday use when not around Wi-fi .Ican check the data left on sim with 3 app. The prob is I am struggling to check how much is data is left on sim in Mifi ?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
You can download the HUAWEI app, log onto mifi and that will tell you what quantity of data you have used, if your mifi doesn’t have screen.

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Have got the app but it reads the data card that’s in the iPad and not the mifi.haha

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
I have an Iboost and its more than payed for itself.
I now use a mifi with antenna with a 3 sim, unlimited data at 20 per month, but keep the i boost as back up.

Only had to phone Addie once for a situation that had me stumped with the iboost , brilliant customer service and top knowledge sorted in ten minutes .
Great company (y)

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
WIGSTER agree fully my next step will be to have data arial fitted to the roof.Just need to make sure the Other half is happy to keep this van for a few yrs

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Have got the app but it reads the data card that’s in the iPad and not the mifi.haha
I think you’ve got a three sim in your mifi, so...

Switch on mifi
Turn data off on your iPad
Turn WiFi on on your iPad and connect to your mifi
Open browser and go to ‘three’ home page
Click on My3 in top right (this will log you into the account for the sim you’re connected to i.e. the one in your mifi)
Click on ‘allowances’

You should now be able to see what you’ve got left.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I would think that the app would offer to log on to either device. You then enter code for mifi and it will tell you usage.

App looks like this.

A78D8AB7-2FB1-4006-B8CE-7575B4F5EA77.jpeg

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl