Iboost help. Lost all the settings. (1 Viewer)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I needed to set up my printer wirelessly today on my iboost router and went through the the normal procedure of pressing the WPS button on the router. Unfortunately, if you keep the button pressed too long it changes to a reset button. Which you should never press!!!
Anyway, all the settings have gone and I can't get online ( except for now hanging out of the window using 3G.)
So, I emailed MHWifi but it seems they are closed till Monday
Does anybody have the recovery instructions, or even better, are MHWifi online now?
A weekend without internet, Netflix, Amazon Prime video is too ghastly to contemplate......:cry:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I can give you screenshots of my settings if thats any use?

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Thanks, that's kind of you, unfortunately, I can't log into the router to view or change anything

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
So you can't get in using mhw..thats a bugger

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
No, the network name has changed and the password is now incorrect also.
As you say, it's a bugger...

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I needed to set up my printer wirelessly today on my iboost router and went through the the normal procedure of pressing the WPS button on the router. Unfortunately, if you keep the button pressed too long it changes to a reset button. Which you should never press!!!
Anyway, all the settings have gone and I can't get online ( except for now hanging out of the window using 3G.)
So, I emailed MHWifi but it seems they are closed till Monday
Does anybody have the recovery instructions, or even better, are MHWifi online now?
A weekend without internet, Netflix, Amazon Prime video is too ghastly to contemplate......:cry:

is it the i boost micro router you are using .? the reading i have done on these is that if the reset button has been used it has to be returned to mhwifi... perhaps if you are savvy they can send you a file to reinstall the settings yourself , but don't think it can be sorted any other way..
on the later routers I'm sure the reset button is disabled to prevent this happening..
i asked what router you had because i have the micro router they supply and don't think it has a WPS facility..
andy

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Their FB page says typically reply within 1 day but when I needed support Adam called me quickly despite being at a show so his service is great.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Don't know if it's a micro router but the instructions say they can provide recovery instructions or reconfigure the system.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
image.jpeg
Hi Allan,
Just found this when I reset mine many moons ago, poor copy but may help
If unreadable will try again

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Alan just found original email when I reset my I boost, hope it helps copy attached

Hi Larry,
Apologies for the delay in getting this to you.
Please save and review both attachments to this e-mail.
In order to reconfigure your router, please connect to the blank network TPLINK using your password.
Navigate to 192.168.0.1 in your web browser
Navigate to System Tools > Backup and Restore
Using the "Choose File" menu, select the file config.bin which you have saved from this e-mail onto your desktop
Press restore
Your router will then reboot, and come back as MotorhomeWiFi1 and the password on the reverse of your router.
Please now follow the instruction leaflet provided with your iBoost to setup and use it correctly.
Kind regards,

Kind regards,
Adam
Motorhome WiFi
W: www.motorhomewifi.com | E: Link Removed
Motorhome WiFi is a trading name of Touring Enterprises Ltd. Registered in England Link Removed
For the latest products and tips why not Follow Us On Twitter or Like Us On Facebook

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:18 PM, LAWRENCE HINDLE <www.motorhomewifi.com | E: Link Removed
Motorhome WiFi is a trading name of Touring Enterprises Ltd. Registered in England Link Removed
For the latest products and tips why not Follow Us On Twitter or Like Us On Facebook

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:13 PM, LAWRENCE HINDLE <Link Removed
s/n 129B9702731
Thank you
Larry
From: Motorhome WiFi <www.motorhomewifi.com | E: Link Removed

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM, LAWRENCE HINDLE <www.motorhomewifi.com | E: Link Removed

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:42 PM, LAWRENCE HINDLE <www.motorhomewifi.com | E: Link Removed

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Lawrence Hindle <www.motorhomewifi.com | E: Link Removed

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM, LAWRENCE HINDLE <larryhindle@btinternet.com> wrote:
Hi I recently bought from you a i boost wi fi booster. and am unable to log on to setup, can you help please
Larry Hindle

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Don't know if it's a micro router but the instructions say they can provide recovery instructions or reconfigure the system.
To recover your router you will need a file from mhwifi.
Larry's instructions mention a file he was sent and suspect that is what you will need.
Photo of my router... my instructions indicate the mode/reset button on the side is disabled.
20170106_193403.jpg

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Reading my e mails I think you will need a file created by Adam to download.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
To recover your router you will need a file from mhwifi.
Larry's instructions mention a file he was sent and suspect that is what you will need.
Photo of my router... my instructions indicate the mode/reset button on the side is disabled.
View attachment 140774
Looks like your router is the later micro version, we don't have that one, ours is bigger, probably about 2 years old or more.

IMG_4462.JPG

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Looks like your router is the later micro version, we don't have that one, ours is bigger, probably about 2 years old or more.
Let us know how you get on.. hope it's easily sorted..
Andy.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Thanks, will do. Just got a reply from Adam, he will be sending the recovery instructions shortly.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
All up and running again, thanks to everyone.
Recovery instructions received from Adam and router reprogrammed, thank you Adam,excellent service.

Could you maybe put the info in the resources section for future use for someone.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Good idea, but as they were provided to me by Adam, it may be more appropriate for him to consider adding them to the resource section.
I have a copy now anyway to keep for future use.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Allan,

You e-mailed me at 18:24 last night and I replied at 18:26 asking you to confirm your version so I could send you the instructions last night, but I didn't hear back from you via e-mail.

I would always advise contacting us for FAST support in the first instance via www.motorhomewifi.com/support as we are best placed to advise you. We offer this 7 days, although can't promise it will always be within 2 minutes ;)

Just to confirm, there is never a situation where the RESET button should be pressed on any of our iBoost routers. The router is simply giving you a local WiFi network and is not controlling your system as the brains in in the active antenna.

Because there are 3 versions of iBoost, I wouldn't advise uploading or sharing the instructions as they may be used by someone with a different version which could cause more problems and make things difficult for us to solve. So please contact us first and give us chance to reply and I'm sure we'll get you online.

Adam

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Hi Adam. For some reason, I didn't get your email last night, but the router is up and running now, I appreciate your help, thank you.
I wouldn't upload or share the instructions for the same reasons as you advise against it, after all, it is your work and obviously you are the best person to contact for any problems.
Anyway, thanks again for your help.
Allan

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Adam, your reply timed 2 minutes after my request, turned up at 11:23 this morning!
Probably a combination of being in France and using somebody's slow Wifi...

Feb 21, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Hi Allan,

You e-mailed me at 18:24 last night and I replied at 18:26 asking you to confirm your version so I could send you the instructions last night, but I didn't hear back from you via e-mail.

I would always advise contacting us for FAST support in the first instance via www.motorhomewifi.com/support as we are best placed to advise you. We offer this 7 days, although can't promise it will always be within 2 minutes ;)

Just to confirm, there is never a situation where the RESET button should be pressed on any of our iBoost routers. The router is simply giving you a local WiFi network and is not controlling your system as the brains in in the active antenna.

Because there are 3 versions of iBoost, I wouldn't advise uploading or sharing the instructions as they may be used by someone with a different version which could cause more problems and make things difficult for us to solve. So please contact us first and give us chance to reply and I'm sure we'll get you online.

Adam
Addie, my iboost now shows up as mikrotek ssid and is very confusing to try and set up now when accessing the settings. Is there any chance you could help me by sending over the file for my iboost to get it back to the way it was please? If I can overwrite the firmware myself without sending the unit in I would be extremely grateful.

Tomo4321

Free Member
Feb 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
Mh
I can give you screenshots of my settings if thats any use?
Hi irnbru I have the same problem can you send me a pic of your settings please thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back