Ibattery! Anyone use them? (1 Viewer)

Jun 17, 2019
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
One a newbie
Ordered a makita 18v 5a/h battery from them in November and it arrived yesterday.
Although it has Makita on both sides underneath it doesn’t like my other battery I also pressed the button see how much charge was in it stated 3 out of 4 tried again the three lights all went out so I’ve put it on charge. I’ll try it today to see how it goes but if it’s a copy it shouldn’t be allowed to to say Makita on the sides.
Should I try and get money back or just see how it goes. Trying to get in touch with Ibattery is a nightmare.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
if it’s a copy it shouldn’t be allowed to to say Makita on the sides.

Counterfeit imported goods infringing a registered Trademark by the sound of it. Illegal as well as a rip-off. Report the seller to Trading Standards.

OP
OP
Leakylunar
Jun 17, 2019
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
One a newbie
When looking on the internet it would appear plenty of firms are selling branded batteries that are not as they seem.
I will see what PayPal say as it’s under review they have tried to contact the vendor but no luck as yet.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
FWIW I've recently bought a VANTTECH 5.5 battery for my Ryobis, There rated 4 star not 5 but so far so good, and if there's a problem I'd sooner deal with Amazon.

Malcolm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Leakylunar
Jun 17, 2019
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
One a newbie
Well I’d assumed if it says Makita on the battery it is a Makita battery!
Well I’ll see later how it performs

Shaun929

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
Sunny isle of axholme
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu I500
Exp
Late 2018
There is loads of copy makita batteries advertised on the internet what look nearly identical but they are all crap. Always buy from reputable sellers like ITS, Folkestone power tools or even screw fix, maybe pay a bit more but always get a warranty

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
FWIW I've recently bought a VANTTECH 5.5 battery for my Ryobis, There rated 4 star not 5 but so far so good, and if there's a problem I'd sooner deal with Amazon.

Malcolm
Same, had em 6 months powering my Ryobi stuff

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Fake batteries ones branded to look like the genuine one are useally rubbish. But a lot of replacement batteries using there own brand are often quite good.
I've bought replacement batteries for cameras & laptops that have out performed the original battery.

OP
OP
Leakylunar
Jun 17, 2019
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
One a newbie
Tried the battery definitely not as good as my original 4ah battery!

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
I sometimes buy from all Batteries, they do refurbished as well as new, never ever had an issue yet🤞 (famous last words maybe)

Spanky44

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
Micro Van Conversion
Having recieved a spare battery for my Sony A7iii from Ibatteries a couple of weeks ago. I can only say that I've had an all round good experience. The delivery time was a little longer than expected but was not excessive and after reassurance from the great staff at Ibatteries my new and better than half price battery arrived. I've tested it in my camera a few times and recharged it a couple of times and it performs absolutely fine.
5 Star service.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back