IAN and HELGA,,ONWARDS and UPWARDS!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well hello,,,,

It’s been a dodgy couple of weeks, but all good now,, had some demons to fight, truths to realise, disappointments to overcome, but I pulled myself to one side, had a little chat with myself and I’m all good !!!

I have news,,, I haven’t had a Taylor made fag for two weeks,, I have been smoking about ten roll ups a day, but mostly I’m vaping!! It’s amazed me how good it is!! And when I sat down and worked out how much I was spending on fags,, it shocked me! Immediately in the last two weeks I’ve saved over £200. Amazing!! Also,, I’m not coughing, or wheezing,, at all,,, amazing!!

Ok,, I’m still here in Norwich, where I will be staying for the foreseeable future,, I am on the C@CC site nr the city, and I can stay for 28 days at a time,,, so after this shocking weather has passed ( they give it for two / three days) I shall get into the van ( old transit connect) that my mate has let me borrow, and look for a bit of work!!

I shall be advertising, locally, and also, soon, getting a Facebook page sorted, so I will be hounding whoever I’ve worked for for references,,, I hope you will be nice!! Lol.

Ok, not much on the agenda today, it’s pissing down!! But I will try to navigate the new site, cause it’s very different ( well, for me on this iPhone), can’t see how to upload pics etc, yet!! To be honest, I’m unsure if I like the overall look of it,, it looks very efficient and official now, where as I thought the previous set up was more friendly and light hearted! But it may be just me,, I’m sure I will manage my way round it with help!!

I hope your well, and life is good for you,,

Like the title says now ,,, ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

I’m not going to post on the previous thread now, but I don’t know how to end it!! Lol.

It’s nice to see you,, again,, xxxxxxxxx

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Good for you dude.
Being self employed in the building trade makes you quite resilient I think.

Ask Jim to lock the previous thread he’s had loads of practice locking the B..... threads ?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Good on you mate I managed to pack up in 1977 and although a long time ago felt so much better I was on the building then and everyone smoked.
Good luck with the work I’m sure you’ll be rushed off your feet once it starts coming in.???

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Glad to see you bouce back Ian, love the new title and best of luck getting work sorted, which I'm sure you will np

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
My edit sign comes up next to report sign at bottom left of post?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Great post Ian and I also like the new thread title! (y)

Like you were, I'm still trying to find the 'edit' button, using a chromebook?

Hey ho, sure I'll work it out.... :)

Edited to say - ah, I've found the edit button now!! ;) (y)

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Good to see that you have started a new thread, Ian. Onwards and upwards! Also good that you have started to wean yourself off the fags. Just think of the savings, and the health benefits. If I can do it so can you. Not had one since I was 11 years old, 57 years ago!
If you stick about in the Norwich area I could well have some work for you (that I mentioned at Sutton on Sea) in a few months time at Wisbech - not far away.
David.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well hello,,,,

It’s been a dodgy couple of weeks, but all good now,, had some demons to fight, truths to realise, disappointments to overcome, but I pulled myself to one side, had a little chat with myself and I’m all good !!!

I have news,,, I haven’t had a Taylor made fag for two weeks,, I have been smoking about ten roll ups a day, but mostly I’m vaping!! It’s amazed me how good it is!! And when I sat down and worked out how much I was spending on fags,, it shocked me! Immediately in the last two weeks I’ve saved over £200. Amazing!! Also,, I’m not coughing, or wheezing,, at all,,, amazing!!

Ok,, I’m still here in Norwich, where I will be staying for the foreseeable future,, I am on the C@CC site nr the city, and I can stay for 28 days at a time,,, so after this shocking weather has passed ( they give it for two / three days) I shall get into the van ( old transit connect) that my mate has let me borrow, and look for a bit of work!!

I shall be advertising, locally, and also, soon, getting a Facebook page sorted, so I will be hounding whoever I’ve worked for for references,,, I hope you will be nice!! Lol.

Ok, not much on the agenda today, it’s pissing down!! But I will try to navigate the new site, cause it’s very different ( well, for me on this iPhone), can’t see how to upload pics etc, yet!! To be honest, I’m unsure if I like the overall look of it,, it looks very efficient and official now, where as I thought the previous set up was more friendly and light hearted! But it may be just me,, I’m sure I will manage my way round it with help!!

I hope your well, and life is good for you,,

Like the title says now ,,, ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

I’m not going to post on the previous thread now, but I don’t know how to end it!! Lol.

It’s nice to see you,, again,, xxxxxxxxx
So does this mean you won't be traveling to funsters jobs anymore?
No going down south of england or Portugal either.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The Spain job is still there I think.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
My next funster job is not till August, I think,, so I will be trying to do a bit here,, that’s another 7/8/9 weeks,, I can earn a few quid here first! Especially with the van my mate has lent me!

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good to see that you have started a new thread, Ian. Onwards and upwards! Also good that you have started to wean yourself off the fags. Just think of the savings, and the health benefits. If I can do it so can you. Not had one since I was 11 years old, 57 years ago!
If you stick about in the Norwich area I could well have some work for you (that I mentioned at Sutton on Sea) in a few months time at Wisbech - not far away.
David.

Hi David,, I hope your both well, and not working on new place too hard! Lol x

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Hi ian hope all go well for you up there I still have you I mind when you come back here still waiting on our funds to come in —keep of them fags mate :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
did the antique dealers in france not get back to you Ian? Thought there was a lot of work there

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Hi David,, I hope your both well, and not working on new place too hard! Lol x
Yes , both well but looking forward to getting over to France next week. Been reducing conifer hedge from 4m+ to 2m, reducing tops of 4 inspection chambers to line in with future paving and putting new covers on to replace wooden pallets/fertiliser bag covers (father in law was a farmer!). Had to shutter up inside and out and mix up concrete in wheelbarrow. All looks good now. One minute after I thought I had finished Anne trimmed back a big shrub and found another ic with rusted cover, on the storm drain to soakaway! However, I will be saving the real hard work for you ;) I’m really enjoying the hard work but ache like mad afterwards. Been too busy to get out on bike but getting my exercise from the work. Did you get fixed up with a bike? Have you got your granddaughter with you yet?
Onwards and upwards.
David.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Ian,pleased you are feeling more optimistic about the future after the sad time you have gone through recently.Good luck with kicking the fags,be even better to give up completely.
If you do come to the Wisbech area to do some work for David it would be to meet you for a pint or cup of tea :)

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Ian good to see you’re getting positive again.
There must be Funsters in that area that want work doing, or get known in a local pub, landlords get to know lots of things.
If you get involved in local things you’ll soon have your name known (for good reasons).

Your title of thread says it all. X

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back