IAN and HELGA,,ONWARDS and UPWARDS!! (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Walk away.... Get your life back on track...

Your a better man than your brother...
I agree with Mo, it will all end in tears if you get the law involved. His wife sounds like she has the reins. As a full time carer of both their son and your mother, she will have the high ground in the sympathy stacks. They have had time enough to cover any money trail, my opinion for what it is worth. Check if you can to find out who her solicitor and bank were, as a son with no will involved this should be easy enough to get access to. If nothing shows up then put it down to experience and get on with your life. Banks have an excellent bereavement team who will give you all the account detail you might need for free.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Walk away Ian,,could drag on for years and I think at the end of the day all you would have is a large solicitors bill.. BUSBY.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I agree Ian to walk away and try to remember your Mum as it was. Been in a very similar situation with mother in law when she died but with her niece . Cost us money and stress to change nothing . I have taken the stance of karma . They are no happier and there will be payback at sometime .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
If it helps, my father in law changed his will on his death bed to completely favour his eldest daughter, based purely on the last 6 months of his life - he even openly called her his favourite the day before he went. The previous 20 years of crap taken from their Dad by the other 3 daughters in looking after him whilst the eldest was away with herself in Cornwall was all forgotten. She still lives in his (now her) house, whilst renting her pad in Cornwall...

Then on my side, as the eldest child I look after my Dad. My youngest brother is a flake, been married 5 times each with a young un, has moved about all over the country, and was a bar steward to my parents in his teens and twenties. Mum's long gone, I've not spoken to him for 30 years, but as executor for my Dad I'm gonna have to give him a third of the estate one day in the near future... which you can probably imagine boils my p@$$...

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
If no will or savings books etc your on a hiding to nothing.

If there are savings in an account then obviously that should be shared if your dealing with people with morals.
It would appear your not so again difficult and could prove costly to get your dues.

I should have been a beneficiary years ago when my Gran and Gramp died.
They were asset rich but very little in the bank.
Everything went to my half Sister and Brother.

I sometimes wonder if it made them happy, who knows.
I don’t dwell on it as it will drive you round the twist.

If your not overly close to your Brother you could mess with his head and tell him a solicitors letter and court date is in the post ?
It might bring a smile to your face, who knows.

All the best for the future.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,

I woke up this morning with what only I can call a clear head!! I’m feeling a bit stupid that I had a wobble to be honest,, but I just couldn’t sleep and my brain went all over the place,( perhaps because I was thinking of mum) ??

Actually just venting and writing down how I was feeling has made a tremendous difference,,, and here’s what I’m going to do!!

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! I’m going to crack on with this journey called life, and suck every bit of enjoyment out of it I can!

If my brother and his wife have needed my mums money to get through, then good luck to them,, but here are some things I learned during my last visit, to mum,,, told to me by my brother,,,

He hasn’t had sex with his wife for 16 years,,

She drinks two bottles of wine a night, he says her breath stinks when she’s in bed!

He’s feeling very old, and looks it,( he’s 7 yrs younger than me)

He hates his job, and his life!!

Lololol perhaps there’s some small amount of pleasure I can get from the above facts, not that I enjoy other people’s misery of course! Lololol.

Maybe he deserves all he has got!! Lol.

So no more negativity from me,, we shall move on,, and to be blunt, when mum died and I woke up that morning, nothing in my life was any different to what it would have been if she hadn’t have passed,,, if she was here today, I wouldn’t even have those horrid thoughts! So as the thread says,,, ONWARDS AND UPWARDS,, here we go!!

Have a good day! Xxxxxxxxxx thanks.

Last edited:

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I think we all grieve in different ways, and it can make us unsure of ourselves sometimes. You did the right thing by getting it all out of your head and on to here - feel free to do that any time! You must expect to have a few more wobbles in the next few weeks & months - its only natural when a parent dies. Something to do with realising you are next in line I suppose! Glad you feel better this morning - everything seems worse in the night! :hugs:

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ok, back to it,,,

I have just received a quote from signs Express in Norwich, regarding my magnetic signs for the van,, £395.00

Needles to say I told them don’t bother!

Anyone know a decent company that won’t charge that much? Or am I clutching at straws? Xx

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Ok, back to it,,,

I have just received a quote from signs Express in Norwich, regarding my magnetic signs for the van,, £395.00

Needles to say I told them don’t bother!

Anyone know a decent company that won’t charge that much? Or am I clutching at straws? Xx

Vistaprint do them, although limited sizes available.
They have templates that you can use so you just need to fill in the details and they have some building based templates - just click on 'start designing' on the link below.

preview.jpeg

That's using one of their construction templates. They measure 400mm x 600mm and are £26.99 each plus postage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Vistaprint do them, although limited sizes available.
They have templates that you can use so you just need to fill in the details and they have some building based templates - just click on 'start designing' on the link below.

View attachment 311972View attachment 311972
That's using one of their construction templates. They measure 400mm x 600mm and are £26.99 each plus postage.

Yes they look good, but I’ve just rung them and to be honest they are too small,, but that’s the biggest they do! I may have to think about this another way!! Cheers though babe,, xxx

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If mum had money in the bank, your greedy grasping bastard of a brother is in for a shock, they will demand probate. You can then claim half if mum had no will and they have to give it to you

even if you give it away, it's the principle and the law is on your side

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes they look good, but I’ve just rung them and to be honest they are too small,, but that’s the biggest they do! I may have to think about this another way!! Cheers though babe,, xxx
there are loads of places that do them, google, magnetic signs.
although you dont need any advice from me , i must say i agree with everyone else this time on your other problem, dont get involved with lawyers, it will cost more than you would be likely to get back, but if it was me i would be doing a bit of digging among your mothers friends just to find out a bit more of what has been going on, for your own piece of mind as much as anything else.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
there are loads of places that do them, google, magnetic signs.
although you dont need any advice from me , i must say i agree with everyone else this time on your other problem, dont get involved with lawyers, it will cost more than you would be likely to get back, but if it was me i would be doing a bit of digging among your mothers friends just to find out a bit more of what has been going on, for your own piece of mind as much as anything else.

She was taken out of the area where she had friends Charlie,, She only occasionally saw her sister! Cheers,

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
It may be worth going to Citizens Rights to see if they can help. It won’t cost anything and will clear your head. All the best.
rich

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
The magnetic signs I bought to put on a digger back in 1994 came off at 50mph when I put them on my works van.
They could be better these days I dont know but worth mentioning to your sign supplier.
I had magnetic signs for our previous coachbuilt van that we put on for air shows with the Vulcan team. They went on the steel doors and went all round the country many times, usually at 70mph.
They never moved.

Richard.

Jun 15, 2009
Pontefract Yorkshire.
Funster No
I had magnetic signs for our previous coachbuilt van that we put on for air shows with the Vulcan team. They went on the steel doors and went all round the country many times, usually at 70mph.
They never moved.

Richard.
As I said the vinyl could be better these days or mine might have been poor quality.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Ian,
Probably not your thing; but you can buy the blank magnetic sheet cheap enough....

Then get the self adhesive letters printed up pre spaced and stick them on. Loads of people do the letters on Ebay for a couple of quid. You can choose some nice pink lettering to match the van :giggle:

Barry

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
If mum had money in the bank, your greedy grasping bastard of a brother is in for a shock, they will demand probate. You can then claim half if mum had no will and they have to give it to you

That’s the thing big1,,, the money was in and straight out, I’m guessing!

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
your in a rural area a lot of plumbers swear by the parish magazines
I was going to say that. We live in a rural area and use both the parish magazine and the local village facebook page when looking for tradesmen. Both seem to be good, reliable sources.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

as above & as someone else posted just asked to see a recent bank statement. if it does nothing else it will play with there heads.& thanks for the call & chat the other night.(y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
That’s the thing big1,,, the money was in and straight out, I’m guessing!
that is the point, you are guessing. If necessary a swift letter from a solicitor requesting probate will change your brother's attitude

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back