IAN and HELGA,,ONWARDS and UPWARDS!! (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ian, get yourself some nylon washers of the right diameter to pack under the hinge, thereby raising the door height to line up with the catch. The originals wear away over time.

God luck. (y)

Jock. :)

Jock,, I just saw your post as I’ve just done a quick fix,, I’ve put two washers under the top part of the hinge and it now closes perfectly,, I can now go and get four nylon washers, same size and swap! I’m well pleased,, the door is closing better than it ever did! Xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 84

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Jock,, I just saw your post as I’ve just done a quick fix,, I’ve put two washers under the top part of the hinge and it now closes perfectly,, I can now go and get four nylon washers, same size and swap! I’m well pleased,, the door is closing better than it ever did! Xxx

I was just about to post has it dropped due to wear ?

So get some washers ?

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I think I may have to grind the hinge straight though,, the worn angle is just going to cut into any new washers! We shall see!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I think I may have to grind the hinge straight though,, the worn angle is just going to cut into any new washers! We shall see!

I’d leave it if it were me
Very easy to bugger up the hinge in a non industrial environment ?

It will bed in and when it goes drop a bit just replace washers again, they are cheap enough ?

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I’d leave it if it were me
Very easy to bugger up the hinge in a non industrial environment ?

It will bed in and when it goes drop a bit just replace washers again, they are cheap enough ?

Yes I was thinking that,, it’s closing lovely now silver, so I might just swallow and keep an eye on it! Cheers!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Glad to see that you are sorted Ian. (y)

I'd still go with the nylon washers, (when you get the chance) as the metal washers and cast aluminium hinges will react with each other over time, and cause corrosion. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Good morning,,,

Well I’ve just woke and arisen,,,

Opened the door to go outside with my brew and guess what?? Still raining!!

I’ve got my canopy out and strapped, so at least I can sit out, but I can’t believe it’s still raining!!

So today I’m going to have a go at my hab door hinges,, if I can’t buy any that will do the job, I’m going to have a look at what was suggested before, by a funster, and see if I can change the round, invert them etc!?

Ok, I hooe your not having the rain I am,,, enjoy your day,, xxxx
Bloody German engineering, rubbish??BUSBY.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I didn’t really follow your other thread as it was far too long to catch up.....

I’m up to speed on this one now and following so....

Smoked rollies most of my time Ian and stopped altogether and vaped for 6mths decreasing in strength.... never ever thought I could do it.... that was 5yrs ago and have even fancied one..??

Good luck Ian and if you fancy a holiday (busmans) in Cornwall in the next few months you can help me do my drive extension and decking out back...?

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,,

Well it’s been a bit of a washout this week, but finally dry today,,,

A couple of things have happened though,, my mate made me an offer to buy the van, which was a bit of a bargain, so I took it,, it’s not the best van I’ve ever owned, but it will do as a start,,, Transit connect, 12+ months mot,, runs ok, dodgy colour ( crime/ beige) but for £700 I’m not moaning,,, it seems reliable enough, since I’ve been knocking about in it,, steady temp, oil pressure ok, not an F1 car but good enough for tools materials etc!!

I have decided to trade under the name ‘ Finesse Building Svcs ‘ Bricklaying and general building contractors,,

So I shall hit the tinternet for some cards, letterheads etc, and get an advert in the local papers for next week,,,

I’m phoning a bloke this afternoon who does, media etc, for a Facebook page, new email address, YouTube Chanel, wassap, Instagram etc so I hooe to be moving into the world of technology,,, ( it will be hard for me) but I feel I should give it a go!

So, today I’m off out to get a new wheelbarrow and a few bits, but I’m not going to buy a mixer, yet, or any more scaffold/ trestles etc at least not for a while!!

I hooe the weather has got better for you, now, and your looking forward to your weekend! Chat later,,,,

Any feedback/ ideas on above, let me know!

Xxxxxxx

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Going back to your hinge problem and the hinge having a sharp edge which might cut into your new nylon ones...

Why not put a thin Stainless steel one on first..?

Might stop the hinge cutting in.. (y)

Antony1969

Free Member
Jul 14, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Good morning,,,

A couple of things have happened though,, my mate made me an offer to buy the van, which was a bit of a bargain, so I took it,, it’s not the best van I’ve ever owned, but it will do as a start,,, Transit connect, 12+ months mot,, runs ok, dodgy colour ( crime/ beige) but for £700 I’m not moaning,,, it seems reliable enough, since I’ve been knocking about in it,, steady temp, oil pressure ok, not an F1 car but good enough for tools materials etc!!

I have decided to trade under the name ‘ Finesse Building Svcs ‘ Bricklaying and general building contractors,,

So I shall hit the tinternet for some cards, letterheads etc, and get an advert in the local papers for next week,,,

I’m phoning a bloke this afternoon who does, media etc, for a Facebook page, new email address, YouTube Chanel, wassap, Instagram etc so I hooe to be moving into the world of technology,,, ( it will be hard for me) but I feel I should give it a go!

So, today I’m off out to get a new wheelbarrow and a few bits, but I’m not going to buy a mixer, yet, or any more scaffold/ trestles etc at least not for a while!!

I hooe the weather has got better for you, now, and your looking forward to your weekend! Chat later,,,,

Xxxxxxx

Finesse Building Services ... All sounds a bit poncey to me ... What about Blinding Building Enterprises ... You sticking in that area then young un

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
‘Ian the builder’ sounds good to me
Your customers may not understand the meaning of the word finesse
Sounds foreign and expensive

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Our fascia fitter is called Bob. Got our granddaughter (nearly 3) staying with us today and wife said to her that he was Bob the builder. She kept asking to see Bob the builder so had to be brought out to see him, then she asked where his yellow hat was!

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
Good morning,,,

Xxxxxxx

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I must have been having a gay moment!! Xxx

"Ian the gay builder"........... Might catch on.... :wink: :giggler:

"Ian the Builder" gets my vote..... straight and to the point and easily remembered.. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back