IAN and HELGA,,ONWARDS and UPWARDS!! (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
ianthebuilder. Sorry to learn that things are a bit stagnant at the moment Ian. :(

Most importantly, is that Helga needs her MOT, as she can't go anywhere without one, and God forbid that you should sell your faithful old lady :Eeek: no one will want to buy her without one, so that's the No1 priority.

Sorry I can't help with anything else pal :( .........................but I really wish I could. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
ianthebuilder. We saw this type of walling when we were out for a walk and thought of you. Maybe you can teach those Norfolk folk how to wall.
IMG_20190819_191707.jpg

Keep you chin up.
Phil

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ok good afternoon,,

Well it’s been a quiet week really, I have worked for a couple of days, that pays for my existence for a week or so,, but now I’m off till Monday week,, but then I have a couple of weeks work I’ve managed to pickup!

I went to see a nice extension the other night, but I got undercut by an Eastern European builder, and was asked if I could better his price, I politely declined and we move on!!

Ok, now i am going to tell you what’s happened with my brother and what I’m doing!

He hasn’t returned any messages whatsoever, because I asked him to let me see mums bank details from the past year or so,, I feel ok, I’m not getting wound up about it all, but I just feel there’s something I’m not being told! I have never spoken to my mum about money, in fact I don’t even know who she banked with,, but there’s just a little niggle in my mind that doesn’t add up!

Police widows pension for 20 odd years,, state pension,, proceeds of a nursing home they bought, ran and sold, and sale of her bungalow, dads savings, life insurance etc,, I know mum was ok for money, but to pass away with a credit card debt, at 79 doesn’t add up, especially being as she didn’t drive or ever own a car, in fact I’m hoping that she was a gambling addict or something similar, so then I can at least see that she spent her money on herself,,, Anyway, after my last call with my brother when mum died, and he shouted to me, before slamming the phone down that I need a solicitor, I have just been in touch with citizens advice to see where I stand with trying to find out about mums finances!

I’m going into Norwich on Tuesday morning, to have a chat and find out how to go about it! I have never had dealings with the law before, so I know nothing of what can be done! I don’t even know who my mum banked with, who the credit card provider was, all I know is it was all in my brothers position! So we shall see if they can help!

I would have gone to a solicitor but for lack of funds!

Anyway, on a more positive note,,, it’s bloody lovely weather, and they give a hot weekend,, enjoy,, chat soon,,, Any advice about above situation would as usual be gratefully accepted! Xxxxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ok good afternoon,,

Well it’s been a quiet week really, I have worked for a couple of days, that pays for my existence for a week or so,, but now I’m off till Monday week,, but then I have a couple of weeks work I’ve managed to pickup!

I went to see a nice extension the other night, but I got undercut by an Eastern European builder, and was asked if I could better his price, I politely declined and we move on!!

Ok, now i am going to tell you what’s happened with my brother and what I’m doing!

He hasn’t returned any messages whatsoever, because I asked him to let me see mums bank details from the past year or so,, I feel ok, I’m not getting wound up about it all, but I just feel there’s something I’m not being told! I have never spoken to my mum about money, in fact I don’t even know who she banked with,, but there’s just a little niggle in my mind that doesn’t add up!

Police widows pension for 20 odd years,, state pension,, proceeds of a nursing home they bought, ran and sold, and sale of her bungalow, dads savings, life insurance etc,, I know mum was ok for money, but to pass away with a credit card debt, at 79 doesn’t add up, especially being as she didn’t drive or ever own a car, in fact I’m hoping that she was a gambling addict or something similar, so then I can at least see that she spent her money on herself,,, Anyway, after my last call with my brother when mum died, and he shouted to me, before slamming the phone down that I need a solicitor, I have just been in touch with citizens advice to see where I stand with trying to find out about mums finances!

I’m going into Norwich on Tuesday morning, to have a chat and find out how to go about it! I have never had dealings with the law before, so I know nothing of what can be done! I don’t even know who my mum banked with, who the credit card provider was, all I know is it was all in my brothers position! So we shall see if they can help!

I would have gone to a solicitor but for lack of funds!

Anyway, on a more positive note,,, it’s bloody lovely weather, and they give a hot weekend,, enjoy,, chat soon,,, Any advice about above situation would as usual be gratefully accepted! Xxxxxxx
As to bank account, just ask your brother to show you the last statement with nothing in , then you will at least find out where she banked and do a bit of digging.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
As to bank account, just ask your brother to show you the last statement with nothing in , then you will at least find out where she banked and do a bit of digging.

If he would speak to me that might have been an option Charlie!

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Am I right in thinking, from what you have said, that you are not an Executor for your Mum's estate. If you are, then you will need your Mum's bank details to freeze the account.
Phil

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Am I right in thinking, from what you have said, that you are not an Executor for your Mum's estate. If you are, then you will need your Mum's bank details to freeze the account.
Phil
I would think thats empty now if there was no will its should have gone to probate vin which case i belive that is a public record that you can get a copy off very few people die with absolutly nothing even if its last weeks pension

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Even if it's an empty account, Ian will at least have the details he needs to start checking.
ianthebuilder. Olivia says she has seen lots of different types of walls down here in Cornwall, but not like at home because we don't have to use muck between the stones.(dry stone walling in Lancashire).
Phil

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Phil

No mate,, my brother said he was sorting it all out! I’ve never had any experience of the happenings after death Phil?
I would have thought that I may have had to get a letter or something? I’ll find out more on Tuesday! I hope!

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
I hope your Mum made a will. If this is the case then she will have chosen the executors, more often than not it seems to be a family member and the family solicitor.
If she didn't make a will then you will need to see the Probate record. This is a public record and shows that tax is paid, legal debts recovered, bank accounts/shares/insurance etc. has all been correctly sorted and that the beneficiaries have been paid out according to the law and your Mum's wishes.
Phil

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Citizens Advice Bureau is your best starting point. It will be interesting to hear what they say. It may be that they recommend a solicitor who will give you 30 minutes free consultation,so you can then decide whether to take the matter further. Good luck with that.

As far as feeling fed up is concerned,when Im feeling low I take a brisk,and I mean brisk,walk. Or I go to the gym........it gets your bodies natural happy drugs into action. Sorry if that’s an over simplification of your plight,but hope it helps anyway. Avoid alcohol,contrary to popular belief it’s a depressant.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
ianthebuilder , I know you don't want me to comment, but I think you may have left this too long, they have had time to cover their tracks now, and it will cost a fortune to get lawyers involved, probably far more than they will ever get back, but if you do have a go, good luck.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well well,, how things change in a couple of hours!

I have been on the phone, for ages, to a friend of mine I haven’t heard from for a while!

He rang me because he heard how I was living, selling the house, Helga etc, and told him, the short version, of the last few years!!

It turns out that his mum died a couple of years ago, and he had a very similar experience, with family!

Anyway, he told me what happened, how it made him very bitter( and still does ) and he gave me some really good advice,,,

It went like this,,,,,,,

Ian,,,, forget about it all, move on,, remember your mum for her,, don’t think about your brother, it will twist you up for ages,, just get on with life as if your mum was still around!
He also said a few other things, which were relevant to me, and I really think he’s right!

I must admit, if I hadn’t had a couple of people going on about it this week, I don’t think I would have let it weedle it’s way into my brain!! But it did,, and I now realise it’s not who I am,, getting all bitter and twisted for no benefit!! So I have decided to just move on, not listen to the negativity of people, and let karma do its thing!

Sorry to go on, but that’s it now,, amazing how chatting to someone positive can clear your mind!

Sleep well,,,, Chat tomorrow! Xxx

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Oh yes,,, by the way,,,,

I’ve just upgraded my Huwai WiFi in Helga,,

Got a new 4g router, and unlimited internet for £18 per month!! 2 year deal, now I can get a better deal on my phone, cause I don’t need so much data!

The package is with 3,,,,,

It means I can get amazon prime now, and watch anything in HD I want! Lol

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003

I have been on the phone, for ages, to a friend of mine I haven’t heard from for a while!

He rang me because he heard how I was living, selling the house, Helga etc, and told him, the short version, of the last few years!!

It turns out that his mum died a couple of years ago, and he had a very similar experience, with family!

Anyway, he told me what happened, how it made him very bitter( and still does ) and he gave me some really good advice,,,

It went like this,,,,,,,

Ian,,,, forget about it all, move on,, remember your mum for her,, don’t think about your brother, it will twist you up for ages,, just get on with life as if your mum was still around!
He also said a few other things, which were relevant to me, and I really think he’s right!

I must admit, if I hadn’t had a couple of people going on about it this week, I don’t think I would have let it weedle it’s way into my brain!! But it did,, and I now realise it’s not who I am,, getting all bitter and twisted for no benefit!! So I have decided to just move on, not listen to the negativity of people, and let karma do its thing!

Sorry to go on, but that’s it now,, amazing how chatting to someone positive can clear your mind!

Very wise from one who knows. 4 years of stress and bad thoughts and £2500 out of pocket in solicitors fees and all for nothing . So not worth it . Just let it go and as you say it won’t make the other person who technically stole not one bit happier .

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We explained to you before, it had happened on both sides of our families, strange how people you thought you knew can turn into selfish, thoughtless, greedy bar stewards at a time like that, especially when that sort of thing never crosses our minds.

It did get to me for quite a while afterwards and sometimes pops up in my thoughts now and again. But I believe in karma, and if anything untoward went on they will get there come uppance, and those who passed away will know the truth and will be looking down on you with love. That’s my beliefs and I am sticking to that, it is better than those other thoughts eating away at you.

Pamala with Nigel in agreement.

Move on Ian. Take care. Our love sent your way from Portugal X X X X

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid

It went like this,,,,,,,

just remember Ian karma will win out. this is the same brother with a prolapsed bowel? well not surprising he is an arsehole. what goes around comes around. be shit to others and you suffer shit in yours

much prefer your attitude and friendly nature. maybe next week we will run the lottery syndicate. you could join us and win millions

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

It went like this,,,,,,,

You are making the right decision Ian.What you have never had you won't miss..Forget it and get on with your life.Your brother is the looser ,,Good luck. BUSBY.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,

Slept like a baby last night,, feel good this morning,,

So today I’m doing household chores,, washing, cleaning etc, and I think it’s going to be a lovely day!

I want to get amazon tv sorted today as well but i don’t know how to yet!!

Do I need to buy a stick for tv? I do have a smart tv, but in the menus/ apps there is an Amazon app, but not like my Netflix or Youtube title,, which are on my main menu,

I’m sure someone can advise!!

Anyway, going to have some burnt toast now, cold, with marmite and crepe cheese! Yummy,, Xx

Antony1969

Free Member
Jul 14, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Good morning,,

So today I’m doing household chores,, washing, cleaning etc, and I think it’s going to be a lovely day!

Do I need to buy a stick for tv? I do have a smart tv, but in the menus/ apps there is an Amazon app, but not like my Netflix or Youtube title,, which are on my main menu,

Anyway, going to have some burnt toast now, cold, with marmite and crepe cheese! Yummy,, Xx

Once on the lips , forever on the hips ... You'll never get a nice lady if ya turn into a fat boy ... Blinding ... You still looking for love on Grindr

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
You are making the right decision Ian.What you have never had you won't miss..Forget it and get on with your life.Your brother is the looser ,,Good luck. BUSBY.

It wasn’t the money I was after busby, I’ve never had money, always just enough,, that has always been ok for me,, don’t get me wrong a few quid left to me would have been lovely,, but it’s the fact that for 20 years they virtually robbed her with a smile on there face! She bought the house they have lived in for the past 20 years and she still paid rent! Died at 79 with a credit card bill!

I’m just glad I got to spend some time with her,, but they never let me be with her alone, for longer than ten mins, so I could never ask her if she was ok ! If you know what I mean!!

What goes round, comes round mate,, It will all work out in the end I’m sure! Xxx

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Ok, Ian, move on. Get yourself down here to Cornwall, it seems all the locals do is bash into the stonewalls at the side of the road. Cornwall council must be busting for someone to fix them. Also, masses of sites new school holidays are nearly over.
Chin up
Phil

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
It wasn’t the money I was after busby, I’ve never had money, always just enough,, that has always been ok for me,, don’t get me wrong a few quid left to me would have been lovely,, but it’s the fact that for 20 years they virtually robbed her with a smile on there face! She bought the house they have lived in for the past 20 years and she still paid rent! Died at 79 with a credit card bill!

I’m just glad I got to spend some time with her,, but they never let me be with her alone, for longer than ten mins, so I could never ask her if she was ok ! If you know what I mean!!

What goes round, comes round mate,, It will all work out in the end I’m sure! Xxx
Sure it will Ian,,Good luck with all you do Ian,,,BUSBY,,

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Good morning,,

I have Amazon Prime on my tv but i do pay £7.95 a month for it,,this also gives me free next day delivery on most of my Amazon purchases,,,BUSBY.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I have Amazon Prime on my tv but i do pay £7.95 a month for it,,this also gives me free next day delivery on most of my Amazon purchases,,,BUSBY.

Did you have to buy a stick thing busby? Or can you just get it through internet?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back