Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Sounds a bit like 'out of the frying pan..........."

Has the milk shorted out the 12v igniter on the fridge? You need to clean up any milk that's mouldering away under the floor cos it sure is going to stink at some time in the future.
Just keep looking after your damsel in distress and Helga.
Most importantly have fun.

Richard.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Hi Ian,with regards the fridge DON'T try to clear the pilet or jets with a piece of wire from what I have read on here that will damage it beyond repair.Hopefully someone will be on shortly to tell you how to fix if not do a search Good luck....Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Thanks Richard and Martin, I won't mess About with gas but I would like to know if I undo the screws and slide the fridge out is there or should there be enough hose or cable etc gas, electric to slide fridge right out??? And still be connected? Cheers.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I try..oh lord how I try:)
Hello judge, lol. I'm ok mate please don't worry too much, lol. I hope your feeling ok and things are good for the family, not long till you put your house on the market eh? But first have a lovely Christmas all of you !! Oh and judge, if you keep worrying about me you'll end up with less hair than I got!!! Cheers mate I will need your help soon so brace yourself!! Merry xmas and I truly hope you and your family receive all you deserve ,,,, Ian. Xx.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Removing a fridge from a Hymer can be really difficult.

Sometimes you have to lift off the whole work top (removing the sink to gain access to some of the screws).

Sometimes you can service the fridge in situ through the (removed) outside vents.

JJ :xcool:

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
My fridge is not under a worktop its full size jj. In a unit on its own it's a full size fridge freezer ! I will have a go later to unscrew and pull out !

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My fridge is not under a worktop its full size jj. In a unit on its own it's a full size fridge freezer ! I will have a go later to unscrew and pull out !
I¡d remove the vents first & see how the pipes are connected. I've never seen anything that wasn't connected , as JJ said, with solid pipework that would need to be disconnected first.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Just removed bent. Good and bad news milk all cleared didn't touch fridge workings or gas so I have to assume gas ignition is playing up. Will get it looked at later down the line but at least all clean and not the milks fault!! Generator today otherwise I'm eating 15 meals to save meat!!! Lol. Catch you later. Ian.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Good luck Ian, sounds the sort of trip I would have had if I was single. Keep the posts coming and enjoy your trip. (y)

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Right fridge is working off electric hookup so all good but will have to investigate later! Ok today I'm getting on my bike and shooting off for a bit. Will have internet till 1 o'clock then I will vanish,do some work for a few days and come back on with a progress report next week. Be safe merry Christmas. Enjoy ! Felice navidad !!

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hope all goes well with fridge repair ,just thought Ian we had the same problem, so took off all air vents and checked the gas out let,found the ignition to gas were it fires up was full of carbon from the exhaust outlet from fridge,so cleaned by blowing compressed air,and bobs ya uncle worked fine,just a thought for you and a cheap fix,any way have Good Christmas and joyful 2016 where ever helga takes you,regards AlfandM:xThumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good Morning Ian, have a good Christmas looking forward to following your journey sounds as if it's shaping up to be an interesting g one..:xsmile:

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Eating 15 meals a day should make you a good Santa Claus substitute for someone, just be careful what you put in their stockings :xsurprised:
Hardly seems worth saying as you are having a great time anyway but,

:xsmile: MERRY CHRISTMAS :xThumb:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hello all. I'm still alive!!! Came to see Jo at the finca ( shack) and it's a mess. Dry luckily but a mess so I had a good chat with her and I am working to get it livable. No water no electric but she's as mad as me so she will be fine. What I am doing is building a house inside it for her, and all is well so far! First job I did was build her a bed!! She was on a mattress on the stone floor bloody freezing, got fireplace sorted and alls good she cooked me a vegetarian stew over the real fire last night. It was hot but bloody horrible. I NEED MEAT !! Of course I didn't tell her cause she is a very brave lovely woman who like me wants to put some time behind her' Mind you when I got here I could have throttled her. It's in the mountains and poor old helga got molested by a load of olive trees she now looks like she's been dropped into a war zone by a helicopter !! I will make it up to her but. She ain't happy! On the ferry I had a milk bottle split( plastic) and I lost a pint from it. Now I think it went under the fridge cause it wasn't on the carpet now the fridge won't ignite on gas so I think the milk has drowned the gas somehow??? Anyway I bought a lovely generator at a ferraterua for a cracking price so to help solar I'm running that as well, and I'm busy eating my way through the contents of fridge as I hate waste ! And now the gory bit Have to empty cassette tomorrow into a hole I have to dig on here somewhere! At least on an site I don't get to look at it when it goes!! Lol. So Sunday tomorrow and I will post again cause I have bitten the bullet and spent £3.00 on Internet but has to be used in 24 hrs! I hope all you lot are having as much fun as me! Oh by the way I had my first load of tapas today and managed to throw a bit of fish over a lovely man in an expensive suit! Lol. He took it well though and only blacked one eye!! Night all. See you tomorrow. Ian and (a very sad) helga!! Xxxx.

Years ago when being taken around prospective property in Spain the estate agents took us round what could be described as sheds or even piles or stones (we wanted a finca:censored:). They had no services of any description and doubt if they were even registered as habitable by local authority. They were just con men trying to sell anything.....sounds like your friend has ended up with such a property..Ian we need photos:)

Could have been living it up big time in Beni (introduction to sticky Vicky included) with the boss @Jim and a load of great funster's. try not getting sucked further into a hard luck story unless your being paid:D

have a great Christmas!

Eddie

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Merry Christmas @ianthebuilder

Agree with Judge you should have headed down to Benidorm for a more, shall we say, sociable time :party3:

Any chance of you attaching that great photo of you and Helga to your avatar?

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
You can't change a man with a big heart into a man who is impervious to a sob story !!
BUT.... Out of such chance meetings, sometimes things can materialise....
SO.. Leave him to fiddle with her "Finca" and who knows her may get a stocking full for Christmas !!!
Ian lad, as you have probably realised, there are a lot of folks back here in Blighty who are living your adventure vicariously and I am one of them.. Can't drive my van for 6 months (due to a brain fart) so no "Snowbird" trip this year..
KEEP ON following your heart and your dream and have a bloody marvellous time.
We only come this way once mate...
Much love.
Mitch. ((And a VERY merry Christmas)):xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Ian, you are obviously as mad as a box of frogs.....so you will fit in really well with the Funsters. This thread is the best thing we have ever read and we wish you all the luck in the world on your travels. However we do not think you will really need it as you are as resourceful and practical as you are barmy, so life on the road should suit yo well. Keep an eye on the "Tincas on Tour.....again" thread and let us know if our paths look like crossing and the first beer is on us........

The Tincas

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Thank's Ian it's been great sharing this small part of your life.I wish you well for the future and may-be meet you on the road take care of "Helga" and I'm sure she will take care of you. Have a good Christmas ..........Martin & Sue:xThumb::drink:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year and 2016 what ever your adventures are!:xThumb:

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Right we are at the ferry port and there's loads of people! Anyone on here from fun I wonder? Hit lots of traffick on m25 accident! But helga kept a cool head while those around her were loosing theirs,,, she never missed a beat . Stopped for a bit of diesel and got robbed for 9 quid for a coffe cup, coffee and sausage roll!! BUT NO MORE Next stop onto the ferry and then espaniola ! Some people in caravans tried to talk to me but I ain't having none of it!! Lolol. Will someone tell me how to put pictures on this thread please? Chat soon. Ian and h. X
Have a great adventure mate,I'm hoping I won't be too far behind you,hoping to head for Spain/Algarve soon as the new year passes

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Morning all I hope you are all well and not getting too stressed! Lol. Well after 4 days the materials have arrived and yes judge your right she got sold a finca, nothing in it but rot! Got robbed by an English agent on price too! Still the land does have a water supply and in my best broken Spanish I have managed to get the neighbours to agree to turn it on for her( she has been paying for it for 4 years and never been here) so alls good from today. Got 2 1000 litre tubs for domestic water so now helga can have a Xmas bath! Loo I started to cut a doorway out of an old wall yesterday and Christ it's built with two sides of stone and filled with mud! 3ft thick the walls are and all has to be done carefully by hand! Anyway the town of tortosa is lovely. The people are fantastic and the women are stunning !! ( but I haven't had any luck yet cause after a day up this bloody mountain I look like a homeless person!! )Lol. What does upset me a bit here though is with Jo ( the woman I am helping) no one has bothered to help her get sorted! All the people she thought were friends haven't bothered to even ring her and when she rings them they want paying for everything !! Some friends!!! Anyway I will be back to work in a bit and that will be my Xmas, but I love it!! I think I have about 2 weeks of work left and I must say I will be looking foreword to getting back on my travels , I miss you all. The banter and the tellings off from one or two of you ,, lol. I will be ready for a nice few beers when I leave here for civilisation and sun!! I will speak to you all soon and I will try to get some pics on later today. And if these pics don't put you off buying a finca in Spain nothing will! God help you!!! Have a brill day today and tomorrow merry Xmas. I'm looking forward to seeing more of you next year and sooner if your over here!! Love you all. I have to go before I get all emotional about Xmas and all that gushy stuff!! Lol. HO HO HO !!!! Xxxx. Oh by the way. The bloody fridge has packed up all together now. It refuses to look for or switch to electric supply so it stays on gas and doesn't work at all. Where the bloody hell is Santa when you need him? Lol. XXX

Last edited:
OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Morning all I hope you are all well and not getting too stressed! Lol. Well after 4 days the materials have arrived and yes judge your right she got sold a finca, nothing in it but rot! Still the land does have a water supply and in my best broken Spanish I have managed to get the neighbours to agree to turn it on for her( she has been paying for it for 4 years and never been here) so alls good from today. Got 2 1000 litre tubs for domestic water so now helga can have a Xmas bath! Loo I started to cut a doorway out of an old wall yesterday and Christ it's built with two sides of stone and filled with mud! 3ft thick the walls are and all has to be done carefully by hand! Anyway the town of tortosa is lovely. The people are fantastic and the women are stunning !! ( but I haven't had any luck yet cause after a day up this bloody mountain I look like a homeless person!! )Lol. What does upset me a bit here though is with Jo ( the woman I am helping) no one has bothered to help her get sorted! All the people she thought were friends haven't bothered to even ring her and when she rings them they want paying for everything !! Some friends!!! Anyway I will be back to work in a bit and that will be my Xmas, but I love it!! I think I have about 2 weeks of work left and I must say I will be looking foreword to getting back on my travels , I miss you all. The banter and the tellings off from one or two of you ,, lol. I will be ready for a nice few beers when I leave here for civilisation and sun!! I will speak to you all soon and I will try to get some pics on later today. And if these pics don't put you off buying a finca in Spain nothing will! God help you!!! Have a brill day today and tomorrow merry Xmas. I'm looking forward to seeing more of you next year and sooner if your over here!! Love you all. I have to go before I get all emotional about Xmas and all that gushy stuff!! Lol. HO HO HO !!!! Xxxx. Oh by the way. The bloody fridge has packed up all together now. It refuses to look for or switch to electric supply so it stays on gas and doesn't work at all. Where the bloody hell is Santa when you need him? Lol. XXX

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back