I would love to hear from any one travelling solo to Spain and or Portugal this winter? (2016) (1 Viewer)

Josephine55

Free Member
Aug 28, 2016
Penzance Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Eldiss
Exp
Since 2013
I travelled alone last year and had a wonderful time but it was lonely at times.
I was told that there are other solo women motorhomers but did not meet any . It would be great to hook up with people along the way , either to travel together for a while or just meet up in places of shared interest .

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Hi and welcome we are in Portugal your always welcome to a coffee wine or chat if you spot us

Paul&Lynne

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
well me and a mate from scotland are leaving early november till end april .
we are going to spain . dont know if we are going east round or across west and down through portugal . might be having maggie a friend from cumbria in her van with us .
your welcome to pop in i,m not far from you .
but we are only children . act like children and do childish things .
not allowed on toll roads ,motorways or busy duall carriageways ..
children arent allowed to play on busy roads .
but your welcome to join us . lots do, we never know what or where we are going from morning till afternoon . but being happy and having fun is the way. we do like quiet out of the way places . but sometimes we play tourists . .almost never use campsites but dont need them .
cheers alan .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Josephine55

Josephine55

Free Member
Aug 28, 2016
Penzance Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Eldiss
Exp
Since 2013
Tha
well me and a mate from scotland are leaving early november till end april .
we are going to spain . dont know if we are going east round or across west and down through portugal . might be having maggie a friend from cumbria in her van with us .
your welcome to pop in i,m not far from you .
but we are only children . act like children and do childish things .
not allowed on toll roads ,motorways or busy duall carriageways ..
children arent allowed to play on busy roads .
but your welcome to join us . lots do, we never know what or where we are going from morning till afternoon . but being happy and having fun is the way. we do like quiet out of the way places . but sometimes we play tourists . .almost never use campsites but dont need them .
cheers alan .
Thank you

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
I travelled alone last year and had a wonderful time but it was lonely at times.
I was told that there are other solo women motorhomers but did not meet any . It would be great to hook up with people along the way , either to travel together for a while or just meet up in places of shared interest .

I don't know when you are setting off but I plan to set off next month to Spain then Portugal on the 11th. If that fits in with your plans let me know.

David

OP
OP
Josephine55

Josephine55

Free Member
Aug 28, 2016
Penzance Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Eldiss
Exp
Since 2013
I'm not going until later on, probably December or January . I haven't got any fixed plans . I know as soon as the cold and rain sets in I will want to be in warmer climes !

OP
OP
Josephine55

Josephine55

Free Member
Aug 28, 2016
Penzance Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Eldiss
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Josephine .. sure you will get loads of offers .. have a wonderful time ...
I really wanted to meet up with solo women -but you are the only female response so far. Are the men on this site honourable ? . I don't want any hassle .

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I really wanted to meet up with solo women -but you are the only female response so far. Are the men on this site honourable ? . I don't want any hassle .
I'm sure you will get contacts from women - several who have posted that they want to do the same as you. As for the Funster men being honourable, the ones I have met seem to be...!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I am sure you will get replies from solo women , several of whom have posted that they want to do the same as you. Look at the bottom of this page for similar postings to your own. As for Funster men being honourable, the ones I have met seem to be!!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
You can read all about Ian on his own thread......Helga is his motorhome btw :).... And although I've never met him he's done some really lovely things for people who have needed it (sorry for talking about you as though you're not there Ian :LOL:)

Ian and Helga on the job.....in the motorhome chat section

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm off to the C&CC rally at La Manga on the 27th January for 70 nights. I didn't want to just tour for my first long stint abroad as I know there's lots of solos there.
As for all the single men on Fun I'd trust them all with my sister but not my wallet :LOL:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Alfieplustwo .. is this the kind of trip you are interested in. . ?

@daved2524 .. @middle east driver are just two honourable travellers abroad I have met on the forum meets and are very honourable .. there are many, many more but I don't know their forum names.

Sadly, as in any large group of people, you nèed to be very careful and there are those to be wary of .. I really hope some of the ladies hurry up and come forward .. I personally think this the best way for you to try. .

I am not going abroad .. my hope is to achieve Cornwall .. I am not that adventurous .. I love this country.. otherwise I would love to have accompanied you.

PS ...and @Clive is ADORABLE. :)

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp

we are honourable, I will meet up with VWAlan somewhere, but you are right you must be so careful so many oddballs out there , anyway I am married wife does not want to come likes her home comforts, she will fly over when not working

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Got to thinking about my post, I said we are honourable, I cant vouch for anyone else as I have not met them, but feel sure as long as you get to know people you may be at ease, be better if another female was with you and if you had any trouble I am sure a male/female MH would help sort things out,
Personally and I am not being condescending I don't like the
idea of females travailing by them self’s, I would not let my wife do it unless she was with others of good standing. driving trucks around Europe I know the score some people very helpful others not,

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Hi there,

I'm travelling solo. I'm heading to the uk in two weeks and then heading to Spain and Portugal. I'll be thereabouts until June 2017. Do give me a shout if you'd like to meet up.

I'm usually fairly honourable.

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
hi JackP,, I am doing the same as you we might get to meet up with the lady, can you bring a box Manx kippers I love them, eat the lot I will :D I am also going to meet up with AVAlan somewhere

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Hi All,
I am thinking of going to Portugal sometime during the winter months. Probably Jan/Feb time. My wife unfortunately will not be able to be with me as she has a business she is heavily involved with. Which is not my thing.
http://www.maintenantlebois.com/

I do not want to spend all the winter here in France on my own whilst she is at work, so I am thinking of travelling down to Portugal for a couple of weeks. It would be nice to meet up somewhere.
I had a friend who used to winter in Portugal with a bunch of guys. Unfortunately he has passed on and I have lost contact with the group. They would stay somewhere along the coast from December to the end of March.
I don't know if you guys will be staying in one spot or moving around?
Perhaps you could keep me in the link.
Oh !! and for the female's on this thread I am honorable otherwise I would be dead. I would be looking for some sea air and sunshine.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Hi there,

I'm travelling solo. I'm heading to the uk in two weeks and then heading to Spain and Portugal. I'll be thereabouts until June 2017. Do give me a shout if you'd like to meet up.

I'm usually fairly honourable.
Hope you let us know how your travels go Jackie :)

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Praia Marinha GPS. n37,09026 w8,41254 in the Algarve looks interesting. Free Beach parking. Anyone on here visited the place?

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie

Hello Josephine, well here's another solo woman motorhomer.. also looking to travel about the same time as you & also looking for travel friends! I've travelled the coastline of Spain as well as the interior/ Gib & a trip to Tangier. Also along the coast of Portugal up to Lisbon, along the Duoro, Picos & back through the Dordogne etc.. it's too lovely for words!
I know there are other women motorhomers interested in going to Spain too - perhaps we could nudge this along? Let me know what you think.
Ang

Dee 123

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Funster No
I was told that there are other solo women motorhomers but did not meet any . It would be great to hook up with people along the way , either to travel together for a while or just meet up in places of shared interest .[/QU

Am thinking of doing this in January after my hospital appointment.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Praia Marinha GPS. n37,09026 w8,41254 in the Algarve looks interesting. Free Beach parking. Anyone on here visited the place?
Mike, suggest you get Camper Contact, costs about £6.00 a year and you will find loads of places to stay in Portugal (and the rest of Europe for that matter) including free and low cost places with good reviews.
We too plan to do Spain and Portugal next Feb. Portugal might be a tad wet in Feb and you may want to consider Spain for a month or so then get across to Portugal end of March, depending on weather.
Safe travels.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I passed lots of solo women on my way back via Germany,France & into Spain. Far more so than men.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back