I wish I could go to see this! (1 Viewer)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Opening this month - la Grotte Chauvet Pont d'Arc - would love to see it, but we are in Spain & Portugal this year for hols.

"A facsimile of Chauvet Cave, on the model of the so-called "Faux Lascaux", is opening to the general public in April, 2015. It’s the largest cave replica ever built worldwide, ten times bigger than the Lascaux facsimile. All geological and archaeological features, such as paintings and engravings, are reproduced full-size in an underground environment identical to the original one. Visitors’ senses will be stimulated by the same sensations of silence, obscurity, temperature, humidity and acoustics, carefully reproduced. The Chauvet Cave is a model for the conservation and management of decorated caves." (Wikipedia)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There was an article in the Smellygraph yesterday about it. Amazing paintings and 35/36,000 years old!

I've cycled up the Gorge d'Ardeche - blooming hard work but amazing views. It was early morning when we started and the Gorge was full of clouds, they cleared later, but it was a striking place. There are places to pull over and park so MH friendly but it will be chocker in the high season.
PA090186-reduced.jpg

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back