I went into our van today (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We do that every week when we go shopping to Shrewsbury :giggler:

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Are van is locked away in storage not allowed access. Its new to us only bought in October so not upto speed with everything. Just hoping solar keeping the batteries topped up . Had to have a new one on old van in first lockdown . Unfortunately the storage owners are non negotiable so no access until lockdown eases and to make it worse she sent the invoice this week!

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
It's a tricky one, our zebedee is in storage only 15 min walk away, pop up each weekend, sometimes I'm bursting g to say hi, other times, I'm grumpy that we can't go anywhere...then I think we have it! We will be out to play again SOON...ISH. 🤞 ...so try and pick my bottom lip up..tomorrow awaits

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Lots to look forward to in 2021...just think....jammed roads and fully booked sites as we are forbidden from travelling abroad.
Maybe 2022 ?
Saying don’t worry and chin up are so helpful when someone is down (I don’t think)🤨

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
I notice several on here mention taking the van for a quick run to boost the batteries etc. Hope that the advice l've been given helps insofar as you should try and run the van for minimum of 30+miles , ideally in low gear/ high revs at intervals otherwise the little trips can be detrimental to the overall performance of said battery. Sorry if l've offered one or two of you a proverbial egg to suck:giggle:

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Hello we are the opposite to original writer.
Our visit to storage yard gives us a boast that we still have such a lovely ageing motor lovingly cared for by him, now indoors.
Hilda Hymer has taken us out every year at least 6 months abroad and more in Uk for the last 14years. We couldn't afford another & look forward to using it again. Count your blessings, so many people would love a camper! Keep well first then off we go....
Lin&Barrie x sorry seem to be doubled version...

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Hello we are the opposite to original writer.
Our visit to storage yard gives us a boast that we still have such a lovely ageing motor lovingly cared for by him, now indoors.
Hilda Hymer has taken us out every year at least 6 months abroad and more in Uk for the last 14years. We couldn't afford another & look forward to using it again. Count your blessings, so many people would love a camper! Keep well first then off we go....
Lin&Barrie x

Bluethunder

Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
After just a few moments, I left feeling depressed. In the last several months in spite of telling the Insurance of an annual 5000 miles, it has not completed more than 30 miles when I had to drive it to my daughters while the house gained a new roof.
I do not want to go inside again for a while.
We also went to our motorhome that's in storage and give her a run,we found the airbag light wouldn't go out and the engine management light came on with a code of P0001,we need a MOT as it's expired and a service,but hey ho that's life,and i look on the bright side of life we can get it fixed and spring is on the way,Covid is on the decline,i have a philosophy and that is if all went well all through your life and there were no downers you wouldn't appreciate all the good things in life when they come along.
A new dawn is upon us ,start to plan the next adventure and enjoy.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Ours is in storage about 5 miles away. We're not permitted to go and see her. When I last did so, it was quite sad because she was all cold and in the dark hangar. I drove her a meter or so so that her tyres can have a new flat spot. 🙂
I wish that we had space to keep her at home but we don't.
Still, when you think about it, there's nothing really to feel down about.
Looking forward to some warm, dry weather. 👍

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
"Move towards the light.....move towards the light! I'm on my way, mama......"😂

May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Chausson 786 XLB
Exp
I’m a newbie
We brought a brand new van in May 2020 picked it up 4th July went out to 6 sites, 700 miles in total. It went back to the dealer on 4th November for warranty work and not seen it since. I know it’s safe but would have liked to have had it in my drive.

looking forward to better days

Feb 16, 2020
Taunton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The light keeps moving but I am optimistic that we are getting closer. Popped in our MH yesterday to put some things back and looking around always make me feel good. Booked some sites from May onwards as we should have had our vacs by then. Having plans give you something to look forward to.

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
I go in ours a lot when we need a tin of food or kitchen roll or something, there's always a good chance I'll find it in the van 😁
I know we haven’t used ours much when I go and get that tin, packet or whatever and find nothing there because I already raided the cupboard. When we do get back on the road our first stop will be Tescbury’s or Morrisrose to top up everything. That trip will cost a fortune.

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Mine's in storage, not able to access it since last November, I suspect it will have changed colour to a nice shade of green. Soon as lockdown is over, I'm dragging my brother over to the storage in case it won't start. I've been spending my time poring over the laptop booking sites as I'll be living in it permanently from 1st April. Dream about it most nights . Keep your chin up, we'll get there eventually and enjoy it a whole lot more! 😍😎🚌

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs. Thought mine was bad. :(

Please keep looking around at storage... of course you need access to check on it regularly if you want to. How can you check for mice, mildew, panel readings, etc. Trouble is that spaces are at a premium and they hold all the aces.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Ours is in a Storage Compound , well I hope it still is !!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Checked mine this week, took the long trip to the drive, Van is growing moss round the windows I have no idea how that happens.
But sorry Movan and all you other good people who are suffering Van is OK, I did put the vent covers on and I been fiddling and put draft excluder on the gap at the top of the fridge where the rubber had been removed and not replaced correctly
I keep the internal silverscreens on but other than that left Van to her own devices. The car however a whole different story.

I had a second ice internal windscreen from the water coming in that I have managed to ignore for sometime. But when it got to this stage it was time.

I thought it was the windscreen needing resealing, but it seemed solid so internet search and the fact that the seatbelt was damp was a giveaway as I don't think water can run up hill. found some posts saying that some vauxhaull's are springing a leak under the trip ion the roof so got that sorted and the car now appears to be dry. :clap2:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We are lucky to be able o access ours, although we will be on CCTV when we do. There is a lovely VW camper there it was covered that cover blew off ages ago, several months at least, it has never been replaced so imagine owners are sitting happily thinking it is being protected from the elements and being on view.
Thought about pulling the cover back over but don’t want to be held responsible for any scratches. Oops we seem to have hi-jacked rosalan OP trust you have had a couple of reds and are feeling more positive Alan.

PMB

Free Member
Apr 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I know how you feel. My wife and I were furloughed last April. We planned retirement while furloughed, looked into our finances and agreed to take voluntary redundancy. We now have the time, money and tools (motorhome) to tour Europe.
We are chomping at the bit ready to go........Once we get the green light, we are off.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I went into our van this morning just to check up. All was well and I dropped the bed down for an airing. As we are due for some really cold weather, I put a small oil filled radiator on even though all the water tanks are empty. It felt good but I miss travelling a lot.
I have made lots of U.K. bookings May til September. The music festivals are cancelling thick and fast.
Phil

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Went to mine yesterday in storage. It was a bit cold and damp and there was a mouse in one of my traps, first one this winter. Batteries were fully charged I was pleased to see, as solar is not very effective this time of year.
I put the fridge on for an hour to mix the gases and also the heating on gas. Loads of cluster flies flew out of the heater flue.
MOT next week so a 30mile round trip will do the van a bit of good.

Michael Rennison

Free Member
Apr 28, 2019
Upton, Newark, Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 700mx
Exp
Since 2016
Ours is parked on our drive. Every morning when opening the staircase blinds, I look down on the roof and examine the solar panel, MiFi antenna etc, and can’t wait to use it to its full capacity.

I like others use it to get the once weekly shop (about 5 miles), but have used it first week of January to collect two of our Grandad children (400 mile round trip) who now reside with us. Had them for over 5 months last year.

Having two of our Grandchildren (6 and 2) here helps, but doesn’t stop us missing our other two who live in The Netherlands. HOME SCHOOLING.......now that’s a laugh for me......glad no one is looking over my shoulder accessing my abilities.:whistle:::bigsmile: I’m that type of teacher who let the kids out of class early.;)

We’ve taken to sitting in the van with a coffee or tea. It’s a new van, but I’m spending a small fortune on ‘bolt on’ bits, that I would have gathered over a longer period. Not spending on travelling, so why not do it now? :giggle:

Got a list of planned journeys, and looking at more.

It won’t last forever.(y)
We were planning to stay in ours until we found a new house. I spent a small fortune (£4k) on an Isabella Air Cirrus 300 and North extension with all the bells and whistles for winter in the UK. We sold our house and we got moved into Tier 3 so the site had to close. I feel for your wallet as mine is equally dented. On the plus side when we can go in the UK I'll have massive awning envy from the caravan peeps. 😂

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Know what you mean - we keep borrowing things out of the storecupboard in there - will have to do an inventory before we eventually can go anywhere again.
Same here. There's not much left in there now apart from a few kitchen rolls and loo rolls! There's not even any tinned stuff left, I've taken it all out and used it.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Ours is stored pretty locally so I can easily make the trip on foot to check it. 🤣

20201005_190734.jpg

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Ours is stored pretty locally so I can easily make the trip on foot to check it. 🤣

View attachment 463671
I see you have a bad case of floppy canvas bag taking up residence near you wheel, you have keep an eye on it as yours looks like it’s already developed a small hammer and it will start chipping away at it and cause some damage, a quick tidy up is the best treatment for it and usually does the job but you’ll have to keep it up as it could return.....👍🏼

I know.... I’m bored..😆

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mine is in the drive , I can see her from most windows and most days I have a check inside turn on the radio and dream of sunnier climes and every night after my bedtime Malt or G&T I walk outside touch her rear panel check the doors and the alarm flashing then a little kiss on her petite nose before standing out front and listen to the waves breaking on the shore :h:
That is so sad.... Or should that be you are so sad. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back