LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
That is so sad.... Or should that be you are so sad. ;)
therapy maybe
1612722676788.png

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We brought a brand new van in May 2020 picked it up 4th July went out to 6 sites, 700 miles in total. It went back to the dealer on 4th November for warranty work and not seen it since. I know it’s safe but would have liked to have had it in my drive.

looking forward to better days
During the first lock down despite having beautiful wall to wall sunshine for many weeks we still suffered a flat starter battery. Unknown to us the solar panel only charged the leisure battery. We've since had a Battery Master fitted and can charge both batteries on our drive via an EHU which we never used first time round as we assumed the solar panel would look after things.
Keep this in mind when you eventually get your van back, your batteries could be wrecked and there's nothing you could do about it :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Are van is locked away in storage not allowed access. Its new to us only bought in October so not upto speed with everything. Just hoping solar keeping the batteries topped up . Had to have a new one on old van in first lockdown . Unfortunately the storage owners are non negotiable so no access until lockdown eases and to make it worse she sent the invoice this week!
I'd be looking for somewhere else. No access means that any problems could have ruined the van by the time you do get to see it. To me they are just taking the easy & lazy way out whilst still charging top wacl for something they aren't supplying.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Im in same situation storage owner says no access and they have the keys to the gates so thats it no access. I haven’t even asked for access because they are the take it or leave it type of people.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
We popped up to zebedee on Wednesday, aired all inside..sat chatting with hubby on journeys we will hAve 🤞 :pray: ;) under the van another mouse in the trap!... Thankfully none inside this year...had 6 in total ! Since last November.

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
A moment of hope today. The commentator said we are unlikely to to get back to 'normal' for 10 to 15 years!!! Well I guess I will be missing out.

Anjistar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2020
South West
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
2 months in 2017, continually since October 2020
Aww - don't feel sad! The time will come when we can travel again. Our van is new to us, bought in October so we've had exactly one week in her before lockdown sent us scuttling for home. So I'm passing the winter admiring our new, rather pricey, garden ornament, and measuring the hell out of her to make things to enhance van living when we can - pull-out soft boxes so we can see what's right at the back of the ankle height shelves without lying on the floor, protectors for the seat covers (pale leather - eek!), bedding, Useful Storage Things and so on. I have a big cardboard box, all the new stuff goes in there and it'll be like Christmas all over again when we get to fish it out and pack the van up. And I have a book on France, kept in the downstairs loo (Do Not Disturb, Planning Meeting in Progress!), that is now covered in pink dots of all the places I'd like to visit.

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
It could be worse. It could be in the mechanics having expensive repairs like mine! 💸 🙄

It's strange but when I sit in mine, even if I just put the heater on and have a brew, it lifts my spirits. Just sitting and looking and thinking "I built this".

I really want to go away in it, obviously. But that time is coming. I'm having fun route planning for Scandinavia or winter sun in Spain.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back