LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Chris you do like to live dangerously :Eeek:One day Isabelle will wonder what your up to and read this, though probably no different than she would expect. :rofl:

Bumped it up for you.

Hope you both have a great New Year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
my better half does the inside jobs and I do the outside jobs BUT how many times do I turn a corner and a draw or cupboard comes flying open !!!
you cannot beat a good woman - I would like to try but somehow I know I wouldn't win !!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We had a locker come open on the motorway in France once ... it was a right side low skirt locker that held bits and bobs such as leveling wedges, electric cables etc. It was correctly locked - actually it had 2 locks on as it was wide - but I think with going over some bumpy roads earlier and the door flexing and possibly being knocked by the leveling wedges etc the locks must only just have been holding and for some reason decided they'd had enough and let go ... queue the wedges and a few other bits making a bid for freedom! We knew about it immediately as the door of the locker was making a horrendous scraping noise on the roadway! :xsurprised:

Of course it had to be absolutely persisting it down but the motorway was very quiet so I was able to walk down the hard shoulder/verge to see if I could find them (yes I did put on my fluorescent vest) as I was concerned that they'd gone onto the main motorway lanes and would cause an accident - fortunately the bits had bounced onto the hard shoulder so weren't causing a hazard - phew!

The following day I attached a strap to the locker door and attached it to the inside of the locker so that if the door ever came open again it wouldn't scrape on the road and would keep the contents in, once I got home I added to this with a small elasticated cargo net (they type motorcyclists use on racks). I used to use larger cargo nets on the larger lockers to so that if the doors every came open the contents would stay put ... believe me you do NOT want to have to walk down a motorway getting absolutely soaked if you don't have to!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Luckily the step has a foghorn attached, the ramps make a bang when you drive off them the EHU makes a twanging before it rip the socket out ,the fridge empties everything on the floor at the first right hander. the toilet cabinet drop everything into the sink. anything else I have forgotten, Ah yes what are the two gouges in the ground as we pull away slowly whilst complaining of lacking power, I saw two of those scrapes in a secluded layby in Sussex where someone had forgotten to wind 'em up, and they were 4 yards long.

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am also responsible for discreet grey water dumping:xThumb:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have a laminated list....... but then I have 'lists' for everything !! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Same here

my better half does the inside jobs and I do the outside jobs

I do inside, he does outside and then he checks what I have done whilst I check what he has done...... experience is what you get just after you need it.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we used to divide the jobs between us, Brenda inside, and me everything outside, since her stroke she struggles to remember what needs doing and what is already done. so now i do outside, check it then go inside and work through whats been done or not

now if a cupboard inside flys open or a skylight is not latched its down to me, unless anyone else has gone behind me and reopened them. never realised how clever staffies were till the wife started blaming them for such mishaps. a favourite being opening the fridge door after its been checked and locked

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back