I ve done a blog on recent trip to France (1 Viewer)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
That's good, hope it's not copyright cos I've pasted and copied for future reference. :thumb:

And I suppose this is why we haven't seen you on the quiz for 6 months? :roflmto:

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Havent been on the quiz as work are expecting me to earn my wages now !

Fill your boots re copywrite

All rights are copywrited and cheques in the millions can be forwarded to me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
if you change the HTTP url for the image one

it will display. Without clicking on it just copy and paste the image link (bottom one)

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I knew there was a way and worked out how now so in the process of making it easier for ppl to read thanks for the advice

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I can only whack on 4 photos - so i have done and trying to upload photos to the album but only allowed 30 but i think my resolution might be too high as its really taking some time. I ll get there.

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
Enjoyed your blog and pics, thanks.
Could you tell me what the problem is with driving through Rouen? ta

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Enjoyed your blog and pics, thanks.
Could you tell me what the problem is with driving through Rouen? ta

Without a satnav, byspassing Rouen caused no end of problems last year, ended up in the town centre and trying to get out was hassle beyond belief. I believe others have struggled aswell.

Copied from MMM last month.

Over many years we have not found a sensible alternative to bypass Rouen. The motorway becomes Dual carriageway at the city's edge and drops down through a tunnel. Exit this in the inside lane and in 1.5km take the 3rd exit signed to Vernon. The slip road ends in traffic lights - go in the centre lane to turn left across a dual carriageway. You should now be in the right hand lane for the next set of lights. Go straight on then bear right onto the D6015 signed for Vernon. In a little while the Seine appears on your right and you are clear of the City.

I would be really tempted to keep these instructions they were written by a driver for a driver and worked really well for us.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We had a hair raising time there last year. We did follow the satnav which took us onto a slip road downhill, didn't see any tunnel but we did get clattered on the roof by some overhead warning thingies. Managed to exit through a convenient gap back onto the main road much to the delight of the rush hour traffic before following another turning straight towards a very low bridge which we did see.

Headed back out before completing the turn only to be faced with a bus only lane. Took that for about 300 meters again much to the bemusement of the folk at the bus stop before getting back on track. Don't mention Oppenheim in Germany, that's another story but we've all been there. :Doh:

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I should have added we tried using the directions on the way back, we stopped at pont de l arche for a quick pre Rouen psyche session. Planned it meticulously down to having an operational order signed off by the chief gendarme and we went for it.

Bloody road was closed and straight through the town centre again !

Provence in the summer = Dunkirk Belgium Luxembourg Bessancon then slowly slowly

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back