I used to just use a bit of Halfords car wax (1 Viewer)

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Just got a new (to me) Hymer MH...I thought before my cleaning enthusiasm fades I’d do a proper job. Read a few of the threads and reasonable process to follow seams to be wash, then

menzerna Super Finish Plus SFP3800 Polish 250ml ~ SF4500 85RD

Then Collonite 476, I found one that said Super double coat, assume it’s twice as good or twice as hard to buff off, will find out soon no doubt...but is that it...where does the Gtechniq C2 V3 come in or is that just an alternative to the collonite 476 and if so which is best. Or should I do all three and never have to wash it again.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Don't know the answer but with time on your hands smother it in wax/polish and stand back and admire.

I was informed polish just polishes (cleans / removes debris) and leaves a shine whilst Collinite is a wax layer that stops the weather getting at the paint. I'd polish then wax.

Deleted User
If the van isn't filthy I just use waterless wax spray, it comes up a treat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Have a look at a product called Mer. Halfords used to sell it. Easy to use and a lovely finish. I put a ceramic coating on all my vehicles now. Makes life simple once it is done.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Polishes polish (the clue is in the name!!), waxes protect. If you follow Charlie's instructions in the Motorhome Detailing section you won't go wrong at all. The only other tip I'd give is to use two people - one putting on with the yellow pads and the other following on after the wax has glazed with the microfibre. That way you can get a heck of lot done in a good time.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Don't put too much Collinite 476S on in one go. Apply to a small area as it's bloody hard work to buff up if left to dry for any length of time. If it rains and you haven't buffed it already it will leave a real mess (guess how I know:rolleyes:). I've just completed my van with 476 and although I say it myself, it looks rather good now. (y)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I use Harly wax it's a mixture of carnauba wax and bees wax. it last quite a while and doesn't leave white marks on the plastic. You can even wax up the plastic headlights ?

OP
OP
Hymerbell

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Don't put too much Collinite 476S on in one go. Apply to a small area as it's bloody hard work to buff up if left to dry for any length of time. If it rains and you haven't buffed it already it will leave a real mess (guess how I know:rolleyes:). I've just completed my van with 476 and although I say it myself, it looks rather good now. (y)
Ah yes, had a good long look at Charlies thread, think I’m going to go with Snow stuff with Karcher, then Claying, then Collonite 476S...already ordered the G2 V3, can’t work out whether I would need to use that after the Clay bar or not...or is that just over the top...

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I think the G2 V3 is used primarily for detailing. This would not normally be used in your cleaning/polishing/protecting process. Its normally used at the end of this process. e.g for adding that showroom shine to an already clean vehicle. Car museums/car showrooms use it to remove fingermarks etc.

OP
OP
Hymerbell

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
I think the G2 V3 is used primarily for detailing. This would not normally be used in your cleaning/polishing/protecting process. Its normally used at the end of this process. e.g for adding that showroom shine to an already clean vehicle. Car museums/car showrooms use it to remove fingermarks etc.
Think I’m going to go with snow, clay, g2 V3 then Collonite....just wondered if g2 v3 polish bit brings anything to the party or whether it’s a waste of time and effort.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back