I Think I Will Have A Special Treat Day... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I live a very simple life.

I potter around my small Portuguese orchard and sit in the shade of the trees for hours on end, watching the butterflies and bees and birds getting on with their seemingly happy lives.

Very, very stress free and relaxing.

Then, once in a very rare while, I get hit with a problem.

Today it was two problems at the same time.

Firstly, my best mate and business partner sent me the flights he was taking to visit me in May. I got onto my people to book the hotel but... the Pope is visiting that weekend and there are not any hotel rooms available... grrrrrr.

Then I was informed that the letter delivery company (GLS) had been fibbing to us and have, in fact, LOST my envelope containing my replacement Visa Debit card. Grrrrrrr.

So I had to phone Barclays and their call centre man Trelesh was brilliant. The "missing" card was stopped (no fraudulent use) and a new one will be at my UK address by the weekend.

So, I reckon I deserve a big treat after all this stress.

I am about to take a long shower and then make a 45km trip to the Continente Supermarket in Pombal.

I will do a huge shop for enough supplies for me to be able to stay in my woods for many days AND I will have a Double Whopper with extra cheese and bacon (no pickle), chips and Pepsi at the newly opened Burger King.

I might even wend my way over to Figueira da Foz and watch the sea rolling onto the vast, sandy beach in the afternoon sunshine.

A simple life means simple pleasures...

Motorhoming... don't you just love it? (y)

JJ :cool:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Only one thing missing to make it truly perfik - and I think you know what that is JJ ....... ;)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
AND I will have a Double Whopper with extra cheese and bacon (no pickle), chips and Pepsi at the newly opened Burger King.
I once bought a burgerking burger without pickle......it came with pickle, so did the counter top after i scrapped it off the burger while asking "which part of NO PICKLE didnt you understand ?"

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
That sounds like a very stress free existence.
Do you live permanently in the van on the orchard? Do you have produce you can sell ?
Hope you don't mind me being nosey, tell me to sod off if you want !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I live a very simple life.

I potter around my small Portuguese orchard and sit in the shade of the trees for hours on end, watching the butterflies and bees and birds getting on with their seemingly happy lives.

Very, very stress free and relaxing.

Then, once in a very rare while, I get hit with a problem.

Today it was two problems at the same time.

Firstly, my best mate and business partner sent me the flights he was taking to visit me in May. I got onto my people to book the hotel but... the Pope is visiting that weekend and there are not any hotel rooms available... grrrrrr.

Then I was informed that the letter delivery company (GLS) had been fibbing to us and have, in fact, LOST my envelope containing my replacement Visa Debit card. Grrrrrrr.

So I had to phone Barclays and their call centre man Trelesh was brilliant. The "missing" card was stopped (no fraudulent use) and a new one will be at my UK address by the weekend.

So, I reckon I deserve a big treat after all this stress.

I am about to take a long shower and then make a 45km trip to the Continente Supermarket in Pombal.

I will do a huge shop for enough supplies for me to be able to stay in my woods for many days AND I will have a Double Whopper with extra cheese and bacon (no pickle), chips and Pepsi at the newly opened Burger King.

I might even wend my way over to Figueira da Foz and watch the sea rolling onto the vast, sandy beach in the afternoon sunshine.

A simple life means simple pleasures...

Motorhoming... don't you just love it? (y)

Enjoy your day......only advanced salad dodgers ask for the pickle to be removed o_O

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
That sounds like a very stress free existence.
Do you live permanently in the van on the orchard? Do you have produce you can sell ?
Hope you don't mind me being nosey, tell me to sod off if you want !

I live full time in my van but not always on the orchard.

I have pears, figs, cherries, grapes and peaches. I have apple and orange trees but no fruit on them yet.

This year I will also try to grow lettuces and peas and tomatoes and strawberries but only for my own consumption.

Selling stuff is out of the question. By the time I climbed out of bed and got to market, everybody would have been long gone.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
The only thing missing is your lovely French lady!:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Sounds like a lovely day to me except one thing. A decent burger HAS to have the gherkin in it ;) Dave would very much disagree with me on that point.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I know you have all been waiting for the photos... ;)

20170404_162036.jpg

The biggest shop I can remember doing over here... €105. :(

20170404_165920.jpg

It took me some time to find this oasis. You can't park outside it... I park here and take the lift up. (y)

20170404_170738.jpg

Oh yes, yes, yes... :)

20170404_172511.jpg

Nothing "drizzled" here. :D

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH