Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
My water pump is gradually fading so I need to get a new one. Trouble is I am in Italy, Verona today, then on to Venice, Bologna, Florence, Pisa, and gradually down to Rome.
Question is, has anyone a suggestion for buying a replacement in any of those p!aces?

Thanks for any help. :)(y)

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You haven't given much information about the problem but :-

is it a shurflo type , ?

it could be the filter on the end that is blocked , or crap build up behind the diaphragm.

They are easy to take apart and clean , just take your time and lay the bits out as you take them off or draw the layout ,

when you take the feed pipe off push a screwdriver or the shaft of a pastry brush up the pipe to stop it emptying your water tank ...

when you have cleaned everything smear all the surfaces with Vaseline to reseal the "o" rings surfaces ,

i have repaired 2 this way ,

Good luck .

worky

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
hya Billy - we've used West Caravan centre about 1km east of Peschiera del Garda, it has a large accessory/spares shop and I would imagine you'll be able to get a spare there. Co-ords are N45.434054, E10.708978, hope that helps
cheers
Clyde

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
In Pisa the Aire is owned by the Pisa Motorhome Owners Club.
They should be able to direct you to a local supplier if you need one.
Motorhomes are very popular in Italy so you should have no problems finding a local dealer.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
hya Billy - we've used West Caravan centre about 1km east of Peschiera del Garda, it has a large accessory/spares shop and I would imagine you'll be able to get a spare there. Co-ords are N45.434054, E10.708978, hope that helps
cheers
Clyde
Same recommendations for West Caravan Centre here too, if in that area.

I'm with @SUGGY though, ie, fault-finding, as often it can be something simple, such as a fuse blown, loose connection, clogged filter, or a seized impeller. I had to free one up with a tiny screwdriver once.
If it's a Reich pump with the twin impeller, often the little plastic shaft breaks away. It's a new pump then. :(

Good luck with it Billy. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Thanks for all the great advice. I will first of all do as @SUGGY suggested as, when I think about it, the flow is reduced so it may well just need a clean.

Just coming into Verona for 2 nights so will do it today. (y)

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
OK, the follow up.
Took the pump out, cleaned filter, put it back..........Nuffin, pump started up but no water. Surprised really as I really didn't take it to "Bits" and it pumped a little water before . :)

So looked on the wall of the aire in Verona and a poster told me of a camper shop, just about 4 km from the aire, off I went second thing this morning. Lucky for me, although it was some sort of holiday (August shut down I think) they had one man on duty, have you got a pump young man, YEP we have!! great result. Same pump "Fiamma Aqua 8".

Short story long, connected it, Bingo!!! Will take the old one home and play with it, if I get it going......I will keep it as a spare, as many will know, it is not funny when the pump gives out and the weather is HOT!!

Just to put it on record the name of the Caravan dealer is:

Wingamm
La Vie on Road
Via Nassar 40
Settimo Pescantina
Verona, Italy

Co-ords 45 28 56 N 10 54 50 E

And Google maps: 45.482012, 10.913696

Thanks for all the good suggestions from you guys. I smell quite nice NOW :D(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back