LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
According to the tyre pressure sensors, one or more tyres on my MH is low on pressure. The pump which I have at home won't go above 50psi and the recommended pressures are 73psi at the front and 80psi at the rear. No problem thinks I, I'll just call in at the local garage and use their industrial strength pump. The problem is that theirs won't go above 60psi which is obviously way below what is needed. What do you all do? I have thought about going into the lorry part of a motorway service station in the hope that they have better air pumps.

IMG_0792.JPG

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The compressor/emergency repair jobby that came with ours goes to 80psi with no trouble.

Does a better job than any petrol station one I've tried.

Whereabouts in Leics are you? You're welcome to use it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I telephoned uk desk of continental tyres and gave them my tyre details and my weighbridge detail and I was recommended 44/46 psi. Less than the label on the doorframe.
Your pressures seem quite high?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I telephoned uk desk of continental tyres and gave them my tyre details and my weighbridge detail and I was recommended 44/46 psi. Less than the label on the doorframe.
Your pressures seem quite high?

It's the weighbridge figures that are the secret. If you don't have them you have to use the plated maximums which will result in higher pressures being given.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Here you go <Broken link removed>

220 psi.

Martin

EDIT and you don't need to worry about how long the cable is and will it reach the back.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007

220 psi.

Martin

EDIT and you don't need to worry about how long the cable is and will it reach the back.
Why spend that much?. I just bought one of these from Amazon, I'm sure it'll but 80psi in my motorhome tyres.....:pinocchio:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Why spend that much?. I just bought one of these from Amazon, I'm sure it'll but 80psi in my motorhome tyres.....:pinocchio:
I only posted the link for the description of a track pump YES cheaper ones are available, the one you post is a low volume bike pump and good for er BIKES.

Martin

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Another satisfied user of the Ring RAC900 - No problems reaching the higher pressures we need (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I had the same problem. Now I take it to the garage that does my MOT and they do it wigh their pump for me .

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
At 73psi and 80psi your eyeballs will be jiggling and your teeth chattering, or falling out, depending on if they are yours or an optional extra. ;):LOL:
Our van is rated at 4500kg and we run at around 50psi front and 70psi rear.
Get on a weigh bridge, email the tyre manufacturers with the weights and adjust accordingly.

Richard.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I only posted the link for the description of a track pump YES cheaper ones are available, the one you post is a low volume bike pump and good for er BIKES.

Martin
I presume the one you posted was for bikes too as it was from a bike store, do you think you could put 70-80 psi in a motorhome tyre with it?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I presume the one you posted was for bikes too as it was from a bike store, do you think you could put 70-80 psi in a motorhome tyre with it?

I dont think I know, we have 225 75 16 tyres (not the smallest) and I have taken one from flat to 60 psi (that was all I wanted in it), yes it is a bike track pump but will fill a car or van tyre to whatever pressure you want, I did have an electric/battery pump but have taken it out of the van as I only ever use the track pump as its quicker. OK i don't say its easy but a bit of exercise is good now and then.

Martin

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013

220 psi.

Martin

They are are ok Martin if you have a day to spare. :)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I use one of these, bout it at Screfix (y)

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Stretto Boy

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I note the comments about the suggested pressures being on the high side. All I can say is that (a) the Auto-Sleepers handbook says that the correct pressures to use are the ones given by Peugeot on the plate inside the door and these are 73 front/80 rear and (b) I haven't experienced any problems at these pressures with tyre noise, handling or comfort.

I do like the suggestion to use a weighbridge and get recommendations from the tyre manufacturer though, so I may give that a try.

Many thanks @NickNic for your very kind offer. I think I may get a decent industrial strength pump before our next trip, so that I can be in full control of the tyre pressures myself. If I get stuck I may take you up on your very kind offer. We live South East of Leicester.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Many thanks @NickNic for your very kind offer. I think I may get a decent industrial strength pump before our next trip, so that I can be in full control of the tyre pressures myself. If I get stuck I may take you up on your very kind offer. We live South East of Leicester.

So somewhere between Wigston and Harborough as a rough guess then. I'm in Kettering so shout if I can help. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back