I need an engineer near Oxford quick (1 Viewer)

yorkist

Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet
Help Funsters please. I have agreed a price for a 2009 Autotrail. As far as I know I need to arrange a HPI check and get an engineer to check it over before paying. Presuming all I need for the HPI is the registration number - can anyone recommend a good website for this? Rather than just picking one randomly. But more importantly can anyone recommend a trustworthy motor engineer in the Oxford area to check it over asap. IĀ“m hoping that the price someone said for that of about 120 quid is right. If I can do all that asap I can then book a flight over from Spain.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
HPI themselves are the best for data checks in my opinion
https://www.hpi.co.uk/home/

sorry cant help with an independent engineer in oxford the AA and RAC offer the service though. maybe a mobile caravan/motorhome engineer would be an idea to get a hab check and damp check done. the vehicle will hopefully come with some warranty if from a dealer or you can buy a warranty insurance from the likes of warranty direct

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
What is the base vehicle? If Citroen or fiat try air cooled engineering, pony road, cowley. They have the computer stuff.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back