I miss her so much.... (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
This photo popped up in a friends faceache memories and I wanted to share my beautiful Kaja with you.
Yes that is me in the driving seat.
22743_108167075866015_2070298_n.jpg

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Beautiful, I have always thought that horses are just stunning creatures.
She was a stunner and so special.
After she left the stud where she was born her life was hard, then I came across her with a cruel dealer who whipped hell out of her, I had to buy her and promised that I would NEVER part with her, she passed away in my arms at the age of 27, we had 22 years of challenges brought about by the hard times she went through.
We loved and trusted each other so much.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
After she left the stud where she was born her life was hard, then I came across her with a cruel dealer who whipped hell out of her, I had to buy her and promised that I would NEVER part with her, she passed away in my arms at the age of 27, we had 22 years of challenges brought about by the hard times she went through.

Well done for rescuing her.

Geoff

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Well done for rescuing her.

Geoff
Thank you, I suppose I did really.
She was a pain in the backside sometimes and I could not carriage drive her on the roads as she was dangerous, so I rode her for years, I have never sat on a horse that could go backwards so fast with her backside almost on the ground.
I then started carriage driving her again when I was forced to give up riding.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
She’s beautiful - I love her eel stripe? Was she Icelandic or Fjord? We have/had Highlands. I live Native breeds but as you said, they can be stubborn so and sos.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
That is so sad and so lovely. Horses are such gorgeous creatures, I have no idea how anyone can be cruel to them.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Ah, were you on about the wagon wheel thread?
Yes. :winky:
She’s beautiful - I love her eel stripe? Was she Icelandic or Fjord? We have/had Highlands. I live Native breeds but as you said, they can be stubborn so and sos.

She was and yes she was a Fjord, it's been a few years since we lost her, but it will never change how much she is missed.
She was my old baggage, just one of the names I called her when she arsed about.;)
Beautiful...

I bet she brought you so much pleasure and gave you so much love.
She did, we developed an unbreakable bond.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Lovely Photo Hazel, your story reminds me so much of my Ayrshire cousin Liz, she has always been nuts on horses, she entered one of hers "Jaz" for years in shows all over the UK, and sadly had to have her put down a couple of years back.
I remember being asked to help out with her insurance claim for vets fees at the time, the broker had screwed up, therefore the insurance company wouldn't cover the full claim. I cant remember all the detail now, but my recommendation to make a claim through the ombudsman, with supportive paperwork & e-mails worked in her favour and she got the full award.
She still looks after a couple of horses on her place in Kilwinning, she was doing horse passports for a while also, I must introduce you two one day, I feel you two would really hit it off. (y)

PS: did the yellow reflective sign on the rear of the carriage state, something like....Girls without arses, dont get passes:rofl:
LES:love:

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
PS: did the yellow reflective sign on the rear of the carriage state, something like....Girls without arses, dont get passes:rofl:
LES:love:
You are nuts Les, no it said 'Please pass wide and slow, Thank you'.......and before you come back with a smart :moon2:'d reply, it has nothing to do with passing my :moon2:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back