I might be a dirty motorhomer (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
I've had the solar panel on for over a year and up to now haven't cleaned it, partly because its not that easy to get up onto the roof especially as I weigh just south of 20 stone and also I'm not sure what to use to clean it.
Is it best to use hot water and washing up liquid with a sponge or a spray type window cleaner and dry cloths.
Fairly sensible answers only please.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I use the same as I use to wash the van which is car cleaning soap in a bucket of warm water. Don't use washing up liquid as its not good for vehicle paint finishes. I weigh 18.5 stone and go on the roof but have some plywood sheets to spread the load or clean from off a ladder resting on the side of the van with protection cushioning on the top of the ladder. A telescopic brush as sold by caravan dealers is very useful for cleaning the roof and the over the cab bit and on mine I can attach a hose if I wish. Glass or window cleaner is not necessary in my opinion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I can see mine from my bedroom window, roof not been cleaned for 2 years, all I can see on solar panel is a little dusty mark in one corner where we are not level when parked at home, I wouldn't worry too much, with the monsoon type rainfall we have had recently mine is nearly as good as when fitted (y)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I wouldn't use washing up liquid.... for the soapy element use a car washing detergent

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back