I made him an offer he couldn't refuse (1 Viewer)

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
It's been 42 years since I watched The Godfather and I swear it's a work of genius. I'm heading to Sicily and besides planning a trip to the village of Corleone (the locals tried to change the name recently but failed) I'd love some of you to break your sacred vows of Omertà and spill the beans on great places to stay there. As a reward I'll give you honour and respect by way of mention in my blog that results from that part of the world. You have my word

In the meantime - have a look at a different type of travel
http://slowponyblog.wordpress.com/2014/10/23/mv-matisse-new-zealand-to-panama/

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I've never been there but I have a few words of advice for Sicily:
Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
Try to avoid sleeping with the fishes.
Spend time with your family, because a man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.

Oh, and take the cannelloni.(y)

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
You know what!!! that bit where Michael comes back from Sicily and insists on meeting up with Diane Keaton - WHY???? He'd have had more fun with a sheet of MDF. Oh and btw - still waiting for some tips for places to go to the mattresses in Sicily - c'mon.

http://slowponyblog.wordpress.com/2014/10/03/on-board-the-container-ship-mv-matisse/
http://slowponyblog.wordpress.com/2014/10/23/mv-matisse-new-zealand-to-panama/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Apart from all the fantastic historical sites, I went to Bar Vitelli, in Savoca. Its the bar from the original Godfather movie where Michael Corleone meets the bar owner whose daughter he eventually marries. Its a fantastic little bar with lots of photos of the cast etc inside and has a great view, there is also an old church which apparently is one of the most famous in Italy.
ps Corleone wasn't used in the movies as it was considered too modern to use :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Doesn't everyone go hunting Montalbano now ?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Apart from all the fantastic historical sites, I went to Bar Vitelli, in Savoca. Its the bar from the original Godfather movie where Michael Corleone meets the bar owner whose daughter he eventually marries. Its a fantastic little bar with lots of photos of the cast etc inside and has a great view, there is also an old church which apparently is one of the most famous in Italy.
ps Corleone wasn't used in the movies as it was considered too modern to use :)
You beet me to it:crying:i was on a rig that was siting 100m of Catania staked we had runs ashore and during my levee I spent two weeks touring had a grate time places to many to mention but you will love the place
and enjoy every min of it :wink:

Reactions: SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
You beet me to it:crying:i was on a rig that was siting 100m of Catania staked we had runs ashore and during my levee I spent two weeks touring had a grate time places to many to mention but you will love the place
and enjoy every min of it :wink:
Loved it Bill, looking forward to going back, mainland Italy is good as well apart from the roads (y)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
it's not the roads it's the crazy Italian's on them
yeah, its funny watching people looking for a gap then running over the crossing...or the angry ones doing that thing with their hands whilst pelting along. But now they have the average speed cameras on some of the motorways they look sooooo pissed off ha ha :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back