I Love My Motorhome So Much... (1 Viewer)

How much do you love motorhoming?

• I'm thinking of selling it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I don't think I could ever feel the same about a holiday home or hotel.

In the winter we go away to a very nice island in the sun. I look forward to it immensely.

But touring in the motorhome - you just can't beat it.

Am I alone or do you too get giggy with excitement?

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
We're just of to York for the weekend but getting behind the wheel and driving off I can feel the stress of work lift of me, we talked about a MH for a few years we had caravans for years it was the best decision we ever made.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I cant image life without a van to be honest. I would have nothing to tinker with when at home and although we have a holiday home we spend little time there. If the day ever came where I could not drive the motorhome, it would have to be a caravan on a site. I love campsite life even though we spend a lot of our time wilding. I was never one for hotel holidays anyway, before I started motorhoming seriously I always rented property for holidays.

nickbailey

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Leics
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Chieftain
Exp
since 2005
We love the planning, the on-line booking, the loading of the Motor home ("that's enough pairs of shoes dear") and the whole experience of it. From washing the van inside and out to the anticipation of a new site. Wouldn't change it for anything else. Just finished our summer hols in Cornwall, had some new toy's this season. We purchased after much searching and reviewing a drive away Awning. Wow what a fantastic addition to our already luxury hobby. As well as a Cadac BBQ. Cant wait till next trip.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
We were flying to Greece and Spain 3 or 4 times a year for a long time, with the occasional long haul every now and then, and I always felt a sense of relief and ease of spirit once I handed over the car keys and boarded the bus for the airport.

I thought that was the bees knees but it did not prepare me for the the overwhelming sense of ease and, yes, bliss when I get behind the wheel of Harriet and the journey begins.

There is a slight tension in the air as we head for the ferry lest anything should go wrong on the way and delay our journey but once on-board the tension disappears as the adventure begins.

I learned long ago never to plan a journey, as someone's tag line says, if you don't plan it it cannot go wrong.

The route changes daily or even hourly depending on the mood, we're going nowhere in particular and are in no rush to get there, what could be better.

We are both fairly gregarious and outgoing but are equally happy with our own company, and along the way we may well bump into like-minded people for a short spell then meander off on our way again.

I could not think of a better way to spend a holiday and, although I never thought I would retire, I cannot wait for the next 21 months to pass so we can spend all our time roaming.

Hymie.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
If we hadn't fallen into the timeshare trap many moons ago the Motorhome would be our only type of holiday. We absolutely love it!!! Even more than we did the caravan which we had for 20 years.
As has been said before, it the preparation, journey, site/wild pitch and above all, the freedom.

Feb 5, 2012
South East Essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
It's the best thing ever.
We must try to come to some of your meets as I'd love to meet other people who are as crazy about their motorhome as we are!!!!
Just got back from 2 and a half weeks in Scandinavia- best holiday ever. Can't wait to get going again!

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Just getting behind the wheel, with the dogs just behind us in the dinette.

Absolute bliss.

Just love it.

Amazing feeling loading the motorhome and getting ready to be away for a while.

Son just exchanged contracts on a property today:)

I am so happy today as our choices have just multiplied beyond belief.

We would never have put Andy out of our home, but so pleased that from next week he will be making his own way and learning how to cope with mortgages, bills etc, a huge learning curve for him, and a great relief for us.

We can now sell up if we choose or stay here if we choose, but, financial wise we may sell up and start S.K.I. :)

Looking forward to making decisions based on, "what we want" and not having to make decisions based on family wants and needs.

Bring it on:cheers:

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Off to Newhaven tomorrow for the night ferry to Dieppe. 3 weeks away to France. Expect some rain but we don't mind. Will find a campsite with 'Acsi' and with our Adria Sport will pull out our awning with its 'zip' 3 metre room and watch the world go by. Take the bike for any shopping needed or get the walking shoes on to visit the locals. Done the air holidays, car hires etc - but this is the best time of our life. An adventure every time!

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Life on the road, visiting new places, meeting new friends and old, freedom. Love it..:cheers:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Left in the motorhome at the beginning of August and don't intend getting out if it until September, simply awesome :)

Talk about a stress reliever. I love every second of being away, the adventures, the comfort, the convenience and the ease of driving too :)

Motorhoming is like a woman. Nice and warm and cozy, cooks a great meal, is always pleased to see you and great to be inside :)

One regret is the years I spent without one :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back