I Love My E & P Jacks (1 Viewer)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
It amuses me that a tilt facility is provided. It may seem logical to tip the vehicle towards the side that the outlet is on, but many of the waste tank outlets are taken from the centre of the tank. Perhaps the vehicle should be levelled to empty fully, rather than tipped?
Tipping does get you noticed but, to me, it questions the understanding of those who installed it.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Rapido
IMG_0002-XL.jpg

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
It amuses me that a tilt facility is provided. It may seem logical to tip the vehicle towards the side that the outlet is on, but many of the waste tank outlets are taken from the centre of the tank. Perhaps the vehicle should be levelled to empty fully, rather than tipped?
Tipping does get you noticed but, to me, it questions the understanding of those who installed it.
The tilt is programmed per vehicle, so if your outlet is front centre the tilt would be forward to aid draining. I hope you are no longer amused!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well ours is certainly at the side, the tipping or not is programmed by the installer and was done correctly on our installation.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
5.4 Inclination wastewater-tank (set/programming)
The calibration procedure described below has already been carried out at your dealer/installer. You dont have to perform this procedure by yourself. E&P Hydraulics has decided to include this chapter as an extra in this manual in case of failure and-or service & repair matters.
If the inclination of the vehicle is not set or programmed, or you want to adjust the tilt, then this can be done with this procedure:
Step 1 Put the vehicle in the desired (new) tilt position.
Do this using the manual procedure (see chapter 4.2).
Step 2 Press 1x on the button “ON / OFF” (no.5) to switch OFF the levelsystem after manual levelling.
Step 3 Press 1x on the button “ON / OFF” (no.5) to switch the levelsystem ON.
Step 4 Press 5x on the button “FRONT SIDE” (no.12).
Step 5 Press 5x on the button “REAR SIDE” (no.11).
Step 6 Press 3x on the button “INCLINATION” (no.15).
The desired tilt (inclination) position is activated.
Step 7 Press 1x on the button “ON / OFF” (no.5) to switch the levelsystem OFF.

For those whose waste point is in a different plane or incline!!

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
When I tested the tilt program on my Rapido 7066df I got an extra 15 litres of waste out of the tank, so an excellent feature in my view.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I've only had a couple of vans with levelling, but both the drains appeared to come from the centre of the tank rather than the side. Not a very big sample, I'd agree. I might pay a bit more interest to this when I go to the NEC next. Of course, it's not easy to be certain when they're covered in insulation, and the tilt is not going to make a huge difference. If the set-up was right for a level van, emptying should be done on the level, although tipping towards the drain point, if you know where it is, would help.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I've only had a couple of vans with levelling, but both the drains appeared to come from the centre of the tank rather than the side. Not a very big sample, I'd agree. I might pay a bit more interest to this when I go to the NEC next. Of course, it's not easy to be certain when they're covered in insulation, and the tilt is not going to make a huge difference. If the set-up was right for a level van, emptying should be done on the level, although tipping towards the drain point, if you know where it is, would help.
The central question is where is the exit point. If as you seem to suggest it is from the floor of the tank in your case and that point is indeed at the centre of the floor then your argument stands, however if the exit from the floor is close to a side of the tank then tilting slightly to that side would help, however the big benefit comes with tanks that have side wall positioned exits, then ensuring a tilt to that point is extremely beneficial, as in my case!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Anyone experienced a faulty remote? New battery fitted but it’s all tits up
F1DB75D4-45DD-4CA1-9793-089F8DA9C40D.jpeg

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Not yet.....has it been a while since deployed? Have you tried pulling the fuse on your pump to completely power down the system....just a thought (y)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
As @dpsuk999 says try completely powering down the system, by removing its fuse. If that does not work, I wonder if it needs to go through the connecting process as described in the manual, like it was new? Did you have a red light indicating low battery before you replaced the battery?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Can’t lay my hands on the manual just now.
First thing the remote would not respond to power button so fitted a new battery and still won’t turn on but holding down a combination of two buttons makes it light up.
The manual control still works fine

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I assume by manual control you mean the fitted panel? Anyway at least the system is working. I have attached the remote manual, although no real troubleshooting. If going through the connection procedure does not sort it a call or email to Mick at SAP might be the only solution.
S.A.P. Ltd

01302 215296

Bentley Moor Lane Unit 13 Wellsyke Ind Est , Doncaster , DN6 7BD

Today 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Open now

sap-ltd.co.uk

Attachments

• Users Guide - Remote control camper - UK-DTS-FR-NL vers_ - INCLUSIEF KAFT ams -241114(1).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
First thing the remote would not respond to power button so fitted a new battery and still won’t turn on but holding down a combination of two buttons makes it light up.
Hi Andy

Manuals are online https://www.ep-hydraulics.nl/uploads/documents/10c17c4fe6dfa5557e41668c1b72de37.pdf. This one is caravan but same idea I guess, could it need pairing if it’s been off for a while.

Martin

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I had an experience where the remote played up and the main control kept taking over,replaced battery and rebooted by disconnecting power at battery all worked fine after that.(y);)(y)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
My remote went pair shaped a few months back, SAP sent me a new one and i sent the faulty one back. They new about the fault apparently as E&P were already sending them remotes to replace. Not sure if yours is the same but mine didnt work no mater what i did to it, the manual method worked though.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I have re paired and got it working
However when it is switched off the centre green light flashes 4 times quickly about every 18 seconds and I believe this is flattening the battery prematurely

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I have re paired and got it working
However when it is switched off the centre green light flashes 4 times quickly about every 18 seconds and I believe this is flattening the battery prematurely
Sounds very similar as mine wouldn’t turn off which flattened the battery. I would get it replaced.

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Like @zac my remote was playing up, and running down batteries.as already said, Mick at SAP was already aware af the issue, and a new remote was sent out immediately.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Mick has replied to my whatsapp and agrees I have a duffer
He is in Italy and will sort it ASAP (y)
Top service as usual
You cant beat that, when i picked my MH up from Adam's Morey a month or two ago i could hear a bleaping when turning the ignition on, this turned out to be the E&P jacks as someone at Adams morey had decided to have a play with them but not return them properly. Spoke to mick who was abroad at the time and within a few mins all was sorted. Of course now i know what to do i wont bother him till have tried it but to be honest i didnt expect it to be the Jacks as i never touched them. Top bloke though as he sorted it even though he was away.

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Jack lovers, I have a question.

Can you set the auto function of the jacks to stop at a given height? Or do they just level off at the earliest opportunity?

Thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Can you set the auto function of the jacks to stop at a given height? Or do they just level off at the earliest opportunity?

Thanks
You have an auto or manual option, all those vans you see with the wheels in air & a step ladder by the hab door have been leveled on auto.:xgrin:

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Can you set the auto function of the jacks to stop at a given height? = No.
Or do they just level off at the earliest opportunity? = More or less. Newer ones might be better, otherwise they keep extending in pairs until they are happy. You could stop them early, when you think it's already 'good enough'.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008

Thanks
Yes you can program them to stop at a certain height. It is best to set them to level at the lowest point possible.
I reprogrammed mine. A spirit level is required when programming.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Have to say I rarely use manual - if it says it won't level then I just move a bit until it says out will.

If you have rear air suspension that needs to be down before the jacks go down. if you level manually there is a specific order you should do it in - if I remember correctly rear legs to the ground and then front legs and then start levelling - the controller tells you which way you need to go

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Were on a pitch in Spain that’s a bit “tight” so I need to be where I am. It wouldn’t level on auto so I put some plates under the front legs and up she went. Luvv’em.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back