I love Motorhoming Because....... (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2020
Ferndown, BH22 9sg, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Pepper
Exp
Since 2019
It's given me a new lease of life. I retired in 2016, we caravanned at this point as working gave little flexibility and touring was restrictive.
I was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer in 2018 and had major surgery, this effected my functions and WC access was in demand, I had problems connecting the van to the car and WC access was not easy.
We part exchanged the caravan for a motorhome early on in 2020. My oncologist had advised no flying.
What a change, even during chemo and bad periods I could get away, tour and in Europe with ease and no worries of arrival times at sites and being restricted to motorways and tolls.
The instant kama of the availabilities of Aires, Stel Platz etc the availability of on board WC also no Faf when you arrive of the divorce accelerating setting up of the awning.
Although I still have low profile chemo to stop the growth of the remaining cancer nodes I now have had 5 years of life not expected in 2018 and thanks to the NHS and our motorhome ENJOY LIFE to the full.
Derek

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The immediate availability of your own facilities (loo/ tea/food) and freedom to roam where your fancy takes you.

That and :-

Ability to park up at beaches in Greece and be given fish from a boatman to take to taverna to be cooked(free)

Not be phased in traffic jams because one has facilities as above. Same when a car will not back-up 50m

Spare room in the yard for us when we give bedroom to visitors.

An excuse to not spend money on 5* hotels.

Good standby transport to head West in case Putin has eyes on Poland. We have no fixed assets here.

Want any more reasons? :smiley: :smiley:

Investment of £23,000 in my boat in 1978 till 2018 and of £26,500 in MH in 2009-present have given me so much pleasure over the last 45 years.:smiley::smiley: [Just realised that is over half my life and still MHoming -can't be bad. Ill drink to that!]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back