Free Member
Feb 19, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Why do they always have to build their webs between my motor home mirrors and wheel arch????

I am a self confessed nature lover and like all (well most!!) of the creatures on this planet. That includes spiders, I am not afraid of them and will always pick them up and place outside if I find one
in the house.
There are plenty of natural places in my garden for them to build a web where I will leave them well
alone but they insist on using my nice clean motor home. Favourite place is between the bottom of the wing mirror and the top of the wheel arch. Sorry spiders, I really do like you but please please leave
my pride and joy alone and build your web elsewhere. :mad::mad:

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Yes this is one of my pet hates too, I live right on the edge of The Galloway Forest Park & the spiders make a bee line for the mirrors on any vehicle. I can tolerate spiders or even admire them in almost any place but not on or in my bed lol....

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I took one to France then back a few years ago. It was in the front wheel-arch return at the highest point. Every time we stopped it extended its web onto the tyre :).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I had one living in the instrument cluster.

It would spin a fine web in the rev counter face and stop the needle moving.

Accidently squashed it while trying to get the damn thing out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Mine build webs on the bike rack...... but they are made of a substance from another planet which nothing can cut through... Washing with a jet wash doesn't remove the web ... travelling miles and miles on the motorhome doesn't break them .... sea air and gale force winds on the beach don't break them .... they are amazing ... but still have scarey inhabitants that watch you from the ceiling when you lie in bed :( :( :(

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Yes this is one of my pet hates too, I live right on the edge of The Galloway Forest Park & the spiders make a bee line for the mirrors on any vehicle. I can tolerate spiders or even admire them in almost any place but not on or in my bed lol....

Would you like them here? :)

image.jpg

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We had one that lived in the mirror fitting,clever is not the word,while in a lorry park,watch the birds sitting on the grill,feasting on,"Hot Roast Flys" from the radiators. You could say that all vehicles are."Meals on Wheels" LOL.
Tea Bag

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
MY spider build a web and sent rude jokes to @Popeye and asked j/b when he would become a Welshman as he has lived in wales over three years now and we have a great rugby team you got to pull is leg,leg,leg. leg ,leg leg leg leg, I have now shut my spiders web down there are no fly's on me lol still lol ray x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back