I know I'm going to upset somebody... (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
I used to live on a narrow boat

That was exactly the same, I could moor by a pub if I wanted company, or in the middle of nowhere if I didn't. I sometimes wonder why I live in a house at all and certainly won't miss the 32 mile dailly round trip to work. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Carpenters and Frank Sinatra...

Yes there was when we was there...the Carpenters. and Frank Sinatra.... same two Cds over and over and over again ...all day long.. BUT... I did say on one of my threads somebody at Marjal was reading the info I was passing back to the funsters back in the uk and things did change.....piped Music was one of them

Mel:thumb:

You've just confirmed it's the site from hell::bigsmile: I hate wallpaper music.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
You've just confirmed it's the site from hell::bigsmile: I hate wallpaper music.

Bushtekker....Sorry to disappoint you!!...you will still have to go:winky:, even if its just for the experience:Eeek::cry:...the piped music did stop after I mentioned this on the Motorhomefun Forum...as a lot of the funsters replied saying this was one of there pet hates...in fact I had PMs..from some of the funsters thinking of cancelling there trip..as they were so concerned about the piped music.........

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I know that many people use the formula of free camping and using a campsite when they need to empty toilets etc.
This will, inevitably, lead to special "dumping rates" on campsites for motorhomers who only stay for one night.
Most campsites do not run on huge profit margins and the cost of providing toilet dumping facilities would not be viable if everybody used this system of travel. Like most businesses, campsites will offer lower rates to regular customers and get a little extra profit from the "one-nighters".

What's this problem with the one-nighters? We emptied our cassette at the services we stayed at on the way down to Marjal and there was no problem. The only time we would normally use sites would be for washing clothes. We also took on water at the services.

Now John, Bushtrekker, you don't like to be sociable, appreciate solitude, don't like groups, big sites etc, I don't want to offend you but exactly why are you on this forum? We are a friendly bunch. We wouldn't normally stay on sites like this but have come particularly for the company and to be part of this experience and can only say how much we are enjoying it. That doesn't mean we are in people's pockets all the time. I've been out for a lovely bikeride today, Sandy has washed the van and had a read and a snooze and we played crazy golf with Brian and Pam (Brisey) this afternoon. Nothing is compulsory, but I have played tennis, boules, visited the spa, played bingo, taken part in a quiz, had Spanish lessons. All very enjoyable. I don't want to sound rude but are you off to look for yet another castle, read another book? What is it that you like to do which is contrary to what we are doing? I'm interested. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
You won't offend me.

Hi Ivy,
If anything I was more afraid I would offend others with the first post in this thread. You ask why I'm on this fourm and the answer is the obvious one, that it's informative and full of people willing to share their knowledge of routes, sites and all the other bits of useful wisdom connected with motorhomes.

I've been called anti social before, mainly by my wife::bigsmile:, who does actually enjoy being with other people, but not all the time. Unfortunately she is registered as partially sighted, which means I do all the driving and we can't use bikes to get around, as she won't trust me on a tandem since I had a stroke two years ago.

One thing which seriously concerns me about the whole motorhome thing is the fact that my wife and I inhabit different time zones. I wake up at 5 and like to get out on the beach with my rods or metal detector, before getting back in time to sort out breakfast. With no alternative means of transport this is going to be difficult, so much as I hate towing, I think I'm going to have to look at towing a car or quad bike behind the camper.

As for going to visit castles, reading etc, that's something we both enjoy, especially when the beach is heaving with people.
Cheers, John

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
As someone said to me a few months back It is like an IKEA carpark

When I saw the pics, I described it as a Carrefour cark park with privets.
My view has slightly changed to "Carrefour cark park with privets and sheds".

Let me see, an aire in France or Colditz in the sun?

What will the cost be when they cover the pitches with green material to protect the punters from the heat (and stop your solar panels from working)..:Doh:

France is the one for me (once they have extradited Munchie)

Thats me 15% discount gone down the pan...

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
ShiftZZ;568224 Let me see said:
Or your choice for the winter. in a house in Leicester in the cold. :RollEyes: I'd rather be here, than Sat at home in the Uk wishing I was on an aire, and you'll soon find out, many of those are car parks :ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Or your choice for the winter. in a house in [HI]Leicester[/HI] in the cold. :RollEyes: I'd rather be here, than wishing I was on an aire, and you'll soon find out, many of those are car parks :ROFLMAO:

Do you mind.... LEICESTER..:Doh:

Jim, would you be in Marjal, if you had the pay the full wack and the lecky? FRom what you said, NO...

Can you say that its not a Car Park with privets?

Each to his/her own.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I know that many people use the formula of free camping and using a campsite when they need to empty toilets etc.
This will, inevitably, lead to special "dumping rates" on campsites for motorhomers who only stay for one night.
Most campsites do not run on huge profit margins and the cost of providing toilet dumping facilities would not be viable if everybody used this system of travel. Like most businesses, campsites will offer lower rates to regular customers and get a little extra profit from the "one-nighters".

The C&CC already have facilities (for members ::bigsmile:) to take your MH onto a site and "service" the essentials. Empty your grey tank and toilet and fill up with fresh water, exchange gas bottles etc. This costs around £6 or £6.50 I think, but don't quote me cos I could be wrong. My wife says I usually am.:RollEyes:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:Smile:We are paying full wack. Winter wack that is. ::bigsmile: We rarely stay anywhere this long but as it happens, I would rather winter here than in zahora. Too much tree cover in Zahora and you don't see the sun all day, they are all pale down there with massive eyes to see in the dark. ::bigsmile:

This is a great site, lots of sun, only your van for shade and in the winter while there are only a fraction of the pitches filled, the facilities seem like they are all ours. Not normally our thing, but its been great so far, weve had a few funsters extend their stay and more have booked for next year, i think this will become a very popular winter destination, but of course if your happy with Leicster..... I couldn't spend a day there, let alone a whole winter.:Smile: Horses for courses

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
:Smile:We are paying full wack. Winter wack that is. ::bigsmile: We rarely stay anywhere this long but as it happens, I would rather winter here than in zahora. Too much tree cover in Zahora and you don't see the sun all day, they are all pale down there with massive eyes to see in the dark. ::bigsmile:

This is a great site, lots of sun, only your van for shade and in the winter while there are only a fraction of the pitches filled, the facilities seem like they are all ours. Not normally our thing, but its been great so far, weve had a few funsters extend their stay and more have booked for next year, i think this will become a very popular winter destination, but of course if your happy with Leicster..... I couldn't spend a day there, let alone a whole winter.:Smile: Horses for courses

think this should be in the belly locker.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
How many times, I AM NOT IN LEICESTER, I have central heating and indoor toilets and can speak English, I commute between here, Buckinghamshire and my other home in God's own...

We will be in France next week...

Still a carpark whatever people say.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back