I know I can't change the system ? (1 Viewer)

firebird123

Free Member
Nov 9, 2013
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
i am a newbie
Being a newbie I thought I would go to the Lincoln Show,priced at £45 the advert reads........

Join us for up to four nights' camping, entertainment and shopping in the heart of Lincolnshire.
This is not to forget our large exhibition area featuring over 200 outdoor leisure exhibitors, caterers and craft stalls, making this event unmissable for its choice and quality - not to forget those all important end of season bargains!

It made me think, Have I got to pay, for the pleasure of buying, something ?
Shouldn't, they be paying me , to go, see, and buy their products ?

I know I am cynical, just a thought !

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I guess there are a couple of things..... we are provided with fresh water, an elsan point, sometimes a shower and toilet facilities. The thing about some meets, especially Lincoln, is that it is not just the meet that people go to .... they go off into the town for meals, shopping, sight seeing, etc., so we are just apying for camping not the priviledge to buy. Often I don't even go round the stalls. :)

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Its not the traders you are paying, it is the folk organising the show. The traders also pay for their space just as campers have to. A show like that is run to make money and in effect you are buying a product when you pay for your pitch.

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
You do get your camping and some entertainment, so it's quite a cheap weekend, and you don't need to buy anything. We go with the intention of not buying anything and usually buy loads of stuff though.

You're not alone there!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
and you might get to meet some real nice funsters.or you might get to meet me.

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Yeovil Air Show. Price to run a small burger van for one day-£3k, yes £3000!!! for one day :banghead::madder:

Whoever the organisers are should be whipped. No wonder the prices are elevated at these events if the stalls have to claw in £3k before turning a penny :whatthe:

Would be nice to reduce the price and then pass on the reduction to the common man and Funster. Would be nicer still if the organisers fixed the prices, thus drawing more punters through the turnstiles (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Its the same at the NEC Motorbike show, the prices stall holders have to pay is getting stupid (£6k it was 3 years ago for one of the smallest size stands) that place is dying a death - in years to come these organizers will be saying "wheres everyone gone" ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back