Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Varies in Europe
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy under 6m.
Exp
A MH virgin - but not for long!! ;-)
It's my first year of motorhoming and so far this year I have done over 40,000kms. My vehicle is 6m for maneuverability and easy parking. I have done tours of Skye and upto Norkapp in Norway among others. Having solar panels I haven't come close to using even 70% of my battery capacity so I wild camp mostly. Especially with up to 150litres of water on board and traveling alone. On the odd occasions I go to camp sites I am just staggered by the sheer variety and amount that many campers insist they need to take with them to be "comfortable". But I reckon I saw it all when a caravan arrived beside me and they brought out the GARDEN GNOMES and placed 6 under the main front window. It gives new meaning to superfluous in my book. But, each to his own. Together we make this wonder-filled world.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thank god we're all different eh!
Once saw a caravanner spend all Friday afternoon setting up complete with a plastic picket fence. Took the poor bugger hours with his missus constantly bending his ear.
Sunday morning heard a racket about 7.30am there he is taking it all back down they only stayed a weekend.
Doh

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
LOL ... if you think that's extreme ... one place I camp up in Glastonbury the regulars bring out about twenty garden gnomes, a birdbath, birdhouse and numerous toy squirrels and hedgehogs!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first started motorhoming I was laughed at ...by someone who shall not be named @Onemanandhisdog because I always carried a hanging bird feeder and seeds to hand on the trees near me so that I could watch the birds... You wouldn't do that would you ....:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I think your profile needs some updating @muddywellies ! - says you're a MH virgin - think you've got over that now ;)
What MH have you got? - we're looking to downsize to 6m so any info and experience wold be welcome (y)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
God that brings back memories. Many, many years ago we along with our two young kids were camping in Normandy.
Mid-afternoon in drove a convoy of three Brit cars with caravans. They parked up together and once unhitched all three drove to the utilities area and proceeded to wash and leather their cars.
Once back with their caravans they erected awnings etc., and one couple hung flower baskets on the awning complete with plastic geraniums. They then planted a plastic sign by the opening flap which announced something like: "George and Mavis from Enfield".
I nearly wet myself every time I looked towards that sign.:)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
God that brings back memories. Many, many years ago we along with our two young kids were camping in Normandy.
Mid-afternoon in drove a convoy of three Brit cars with caravans. They parked up together and once unhitched all three drove to the utilities area and proceeded to wash and leather their cars.
Once back with their caravans they erected awnings etc., and one couple hung flower baskets on the awning complete with plastic geraniums. They then planted a plastic sign by the opening flap which announced something like: "George and Mavis from Enfield".
I nearly wet myself every time I looked towards that sign.:)

Oy you leave me and Mave alone !...................................................:LOL:

Deleted User
If I bought gnomes, first of all they would fall on my head every time SWMBO opened a top locker (just like all her "junk" does now)

Then I would run over the buggers whenever I left my pitch

Suppose ramps disguised as gnomes could work though (I'm ringing dragons den tomorrow, watch this space)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
LOL - that's nothing.

When our club has gone camping in the past, we have gnomes, flamingos and various garden ornaments outside. In the gazebos we have full on sofas, grandfather clock, carpets, paintings hanging up, electric 'fake' fireplace. It's been brilliant and a great laugh, just can be a pain to lug around in a VW camper.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It's my first year of motorhoming and so far this year I have done over 40,000kms. My vehicle is 6m for maneuverability and easy parking. I have done tours of Skye and upto Norkapp in Norway among others. Having solar panels I haven't come close to using even 70% of my battery capacity so I wild camp mostly. Especially with up to 150litres of water on board and traveling alone. On the odd occasions I go to camp sites I am just staggered by the sheer variety and amount that many campers insist they need to take with them to be "comfortable". But I reckon I saw it all when a caravan arrived beside me and they brought out the GARDEN GNOMES and placed 6 under the main front window. It gives new meaning to superfluous in my book. But, each to his own. Together we make this wonder-filled world.

Ey lad.....more out then in:)

That is some mileage! I remember when you bought the van...is it working out OK?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back