I hope my husband doesn't see this... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Rita and Andrew
  • Start date

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
They are all a compromise. Every single one.

Work out how much you are going to lose by changing, then see where you could go with that money , then go there , enjoy yourselves. Its not what it looks like, its where you go with it.

Fixed beds are a space thief , turns half your van into bed and washroom

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Last year we bought our first motorhome after many years with caravans. After looking at a lot of MHs we went into a Marquis Majestic 175 and said "this is the one ". It was because it had two long sofas just the right length to lay full length on and a beautiful big rear bathroom. I think we went for it BECAUSE it resembled our latest caravan layout which was a Coachman VIP. People that come into the MH say how light and airy it is, which is one of the reasons we bought it. There is just one drawback - not much storage for outside stuff. There's plenty of cupboards etc inside but a garage would have been handy!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Just looked at photos of your van and I think it looks lovely. It's a perfect layout for two. The sofas can be used as singles or a big double. Beautiful end wash room and kitchen. All very airy and light. I don't like the ones with bathrooms in the middle I find them claustrophobic. Our new van looks like our old caravan layout with a French bed but it's a layout that works for us.
You have huge sofas and the cab seats. Give it a proper go before changing. :)
My views too. I think ex-tuggers like rear lounges because of their caravan background but to me a rear lounge wastes the best seats and window area in the van. And I don't like the 'corridor' effect of central bathroom kitchen either. That layout works with kids when one end is for them & the other for the parents. With only two to consider a front lounge wins for me.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It's an individual choice.
What suits one person may not suit another.
We need the length of a 10 metre van that can fit in a 6 metre parking spot :rofl:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Rear lounges mean no storage or no rear washroom, For 2 people your layout sounds fine. Theres always a compromise.

We wanted a rear garage, 4 belted seats, large payload, lots of storage, large fridge, high top, on an extra long panel van. our compromises were on the bathroom and no oven or grill. But it does work for us. I'm sure your layout will work as long as you have realistic expectations, there is always compromises in a moho.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Our compromise is the French bed. We would rather have an island one but the large rear washroom is an essential as far as we are concerned. More kitchen space would be a plus though. An oven is an essential though as far as swmbo is concerned, and as she is only 5ft, one on top of the fridge is out.
Our current mh was bought at less than a year old and is now 9 years old so it must suit us pretty well.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
So we bought our first MH 8 weeks ago and I think we've made a mistake with the layout. We didn't do much research and we bought a Marquis Majestic 175. There's only the 2 of us plus Henry our beagle so no problem that it's 2 berth ...lots of light with 2 huge couches and end washroom. My problem is that I wish we had 2 separate seating areas as I think ours looks like a caravan and not a traditional MH. It's just a feeling but I think we should have gone for a 4 berth maybe the 195. Any thoughts or experience of doubt after buying?
If you have only had it for 8 weeks I would persevere with it for at least till the end of the summer when you will have had a chance to use it a bit more. You will most likely have other things on your list for an ideal van by then. You will probably find by the time you have everything on your list catered for you will find the van is too big and want something smaller. Then the process starts again.

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Some say "the third one is the one right one".

However, we bought on ten years ago and 60,000 miles on still got it, now changed a bit inside.
Ours is ten years old now Elddis Autoquest 120 love it as long as you have a bed and somewhere to cook and sit comfortably that’s all you need. fun!!! fun!!! fun!!!

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
So we bought our first MH 8 weeks ago and I think we've made a mistake with the layout. We didn't do much research and we bought a Marquis Majestic 175. There's only the 2 of us plus Henry our beagle so no problem that it's 2 berth ...lots of light with 2 huge couches and end washroom. My problem is that I wish we had 2 separate seating areas as I think ours looks like a caravan and not a traditional MH. It's just a feeling but I think we should have gone for a 4 berth maybe the 195. Any thoughts or experience of doubt after buying?
Looks like an extremely nice M/H. OK it hasn't got a fixed bed, but plenty of space to stretch out in, decent washroom, etc. Excellent value for money

We regard ours as a travelling en suite bedroom, not dissimilar to a cabin on a cruise ship. Sure we would like more space, but an extra metre of "garage" perilously stuck on the rear overhang isn't going to add a great deal to our enjoyment of the van, makes it harder to park and more conspicuous to others. I reckon there isn't a M/H made that would give us enough living space.

Go out and enjoy it, there will always be compromises, but you'll soon adapt to what you have.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I wondered how long it would take you lot to realise you were all replying to an old thread :whistle2:... on the grog last night were you????? :rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back