I hope I haven't forgotten anything (1 Viewer)

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
On Tuesday we're off for 8 months. The flat is looking very empty and the motorhome very full. I've written lists, then lists of lists. Then lists of those lists. I think everything we need is packed or put aside... I hope!

What's the most important thing you've forgotten to take away with you? How much bother did it cause you?

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
With your lists of lists of lists, I'm sure if you've forgotten anything it will be something you can either purchase cheaply enough or do without. Have a great trip, where you headed to?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Went to Cornwall with caravan years ago. It was small so wife put our clothes in suitcase to be kept in awning whilst the 2 boys had their clothes packed in caravan. Got to Cornwall Friday night, err suitcase still in bedroom 326 miles away ! Got hold of friend that had key, put on Red star Monday morning, collected from Truro Railway station 8pm Monday night!

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
First is France then Spain for some warmer weather, then Portugal. Once the rest of Europe warms up we'll head to France again and then maybe southern Germany, possibly Slovenia... who knows, we'll see!
Sounds great. We're counting the days until Allan retires at the end of April then will be doing the same as you. We're up in Kelso, Millport and Falkirk for the Scottish Rallies in June and have the ferry booked on 7th July to France, then who knows? Lots of ideas written down but will go wherever we like and enjoy it. Hopefully bump into you somewhere to compare notes

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
My wife makes extensive shopping lists but forgets to take them with her.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Passport... insurance, vehicle docs etc and credit card... after that everything else is get-overable...

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
You will find shops in most places to pick up the forgotten items so no problem ... just go and enjoy.

Yes I think it is better to buy things you forget or your not sure you need it but take it anyway and carry it around for the next 5 years....:cautious:

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Years ago I was about to set off for a couple of weeks motorbike trip of Europe. I told the family I was planning on travelling light.
"What if you need anything?" Asked the youngest.

"I'll just buy it over there. What could I possibly need that I would'nt be able to buy?" I replied.

"Us!" Came the wounding repost!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
On Tuesday we're off for 8 months. The flat is looking very empty and the motorhome very full. I've written lists, then lists of lists. Then lists of those lists. I think everything we need is packed or put aside... I hope!

What's the most important thing you've forgotten to take away with you? How much bother did it cause you?

Don't forget your lists,,BUSBY:D

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Our tickets for the Malvern show. Had to go back for them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back