I have this Fiat Ducato LWB van. I'm trying to convert it to a campervan. Has anyone installed the Ducato under slung LPG tank??? Thanks (1 Viewer)

Bri XZF

Free Member
Jul 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Van Con
I have this Fiat Ducato LWB van. I'm trying to convert it to a campervan. Has anyone installed the Ducato under slung LPG tank??? Thanks

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Ours is a Peugeot Boxer H2L3, and we have fitted an underslung lpg tank (y)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I fitted one under my Boxer, bought it from Autogas 2000

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I had a post convert 5.4m 2007 Ducato. I had an underslung gas tank fitted in the chassis 'bay' immediately behind the exhaust. There was still space for a 45 litre CAK tank for grey, and a spare wheel. The fresh water was inboard.

JemDog

Free Member
May 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
in process of buying
Exp
25 litre from Gas It sits across the body on my 2014 Ducato L3 with plenty of room for waste water tank.

bluebenz1

Free Member
Feb 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
I have a stalled a proper under slung gas tank on lwb maxi Ducati, all fittings and brackets included an easy fit.

OP
OP
B

Bri XZF

Free Member
Jul 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Van Con
When you fitted the underslung tank, did you have to have "Gas Safe certificate" ?. I was talking to a LPG fitter and he said I have to have ALL the insulation done before he will fit it and test it. I want it fitted and then carry on with conversion. Any advise. Thank you.

bluebenz1

Free Member
Feb 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
I have looked into this a bit and surprisingly it seems that gas and 230v installations do not need a certificate, only if you intend to hire it out. But obviously a thorough leak test ‘soapy water’ on each connection under pressure should be done. Greg Virgo on YouTube has a good video on it where he used a manual blood pressure kit to monitor any drop in pressure...in the pipe work after the main gas tank..test that first without any gas in the main tank then fill with gas and test the main gas tank connections.

Aug 14, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Merc Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I have this Fiat Ducato LWB van. I'm trying to convert it to a campervan. Has anyone installed the Ducato under slung LPG tank??? Thanks
PXL_20210813_183621491.jpg
Hi. Bri XZF..
I am currently installing a Underslung tank on my Merc Sprinter van, not familiar with your van but I have made a cradle / rig for it to sit in and then bolting it to the chassis.. I thing the installation is much the same on most vans when installing an Underslung LPG cylinder.. HAVE YOU purchased an electronic cut off valve with your kit.. as you don't want to be crawling under her van to switch the gas on and off.. legalities if thinking of travelling in Europe..

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
HAVE YOU purchased an electronic cut off valve with your kit.. as you don't want to be crawling under her van to switch the gas on and off.. legalities if thinking of travelling in Europe..

I went for simple and fitted a shutoff valve on the low pressure side just after the regulator when I installed our underslung tank.
I made an aluminium cam and bolted that to the knob of the valve and used a model RC car rose joint on a rod to the side of our van.
Easy peasy to switch our gas on and off without crawling under and it seems to please the tunnel staff being able to see the gas being shut off in front of them.

1629443576288.png

1629443590974.png

1629443605931.png

1629443620955.png

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hey Two on Tour, just curious about your van's underside. What are the 6 "bottles" for and the rectangular shaped thing forward of them, and what does the hinged piece of aluminium chequer plate do that's just to the rear ?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hey Two on Tour, just curious about your van's underside. What are the 6 "bottles" for and the rectangular shaped thing forward of them, and what does the hinged piece of aluminium chequer plate do that's just to the rear ?

With locker space at a premium on our van and trying to keep weight off our back axle which is near to being maxed out, I have re-located items that we don't often need under our van and forwards nearer the front axle which is well under it's max loading.
The white plastic bottles contain engine oil, anti freeze, brake cleaner and the like and the rectangular shaped thing forward of them are a pair of fibre glass waffle boards if we get stuck on soft ground.
It's about 20Kg taken off off our back axle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back