I have just heard a rumour, P&O Hull-Zebrugge ROPAX Being Axed (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Edited to say that reminds me of a film with Hanibal ;)
I think the Quote was something like "liver, washed down with a nice Chianti"? (y) I prefer mine with onion gravy though?. And the Chianti, doesn't really work with onions?. Its more a Best Bitter Meal.

How did we get, from Zeebrugge Ferry. to culinary Delights?. OK, I know it`s the "fun" effect. :rofl:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
So As Far as this Thread is concerned? The relevant Passage:-

Firstly, we are proposing to take the following four ships out of service permanently: On Dover-Calais, the European Seaway and Pride of Burgundy ;and on Hull-Zeebrugge, the Pride of York and the Pride of Bruges • We are also proposing that the Hull-Zeebrugge ROPAX route will close entirely. The service has been loss making for many years and the situation has deteriorated even further recently. We have reached a point where we can no longer continue to subsidise the route• Similarly, the impact of coronavirus on our tourist business has been so severe it is no longer viable for us to operate more than four ships on Dover–Calais. We have therefore decided to take the two older vessels out of service

David Stretch, CEO of P&O Ferries

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
So As Far as this Thread is concerned? The relevant Passage:-

Firstly, we are proposing to take the following four ships out of service permanently: On Dover-Calais, the European Seaway and Pride of Burgundy ;and on Hull-Zeebrugge, the Pride of York and the Pride of Bruges • We are also proposing that the Hull-Zeebrugge ROPAX route will close entirely. The service has been loss making for many years and the situation has deteriorated even further recently. We have reached a point where we can no longer continue to subsidise the route• Similarly, the impact of coronavirus on our tourist business has been so severe it is no longer viable for us to operate more than four ships on Dover–Calais. We have therefore decided to take the two older vessels out of service

David Stretch, CEO of P&O Ferries
Thank you.

I never thought of doing that or was too busy.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Doesn't sound at all appetising. Now a nice 7 day hung Steak, cooked over hickory chipped barbecue coals, to a nice rare colour with just a trace of blood.?. I can drool just writing that. Add a baked Potato with full fat butter, Petit Pois and Sweetcorn. Nice Rioja, or South African Red?.
Only 7 days! It's still running around then!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Thank you.

I never thought of doing that or was too busy.
No Problem, In a previous life I got used to having to pick the relevant information specific to a theme from reading reams of technical "jargon". (and on occasion too, thick layers of Bullshit).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Far cheaper to move boxes and Trailers than even foot passengers.
That reminds me of the last time I booked my motorbike on the ferry when it was dearer than their offer for a car with 4 passengers. When I mentioned this to the booking clerk she said it's partly because they make more profit in the shop and restos when two, three or preferably four are with a vehicle rather that just one on a motorbike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back