I Have Had Trouble With Revolut But... (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
That’s not my experience,when they make it quite clear no cards accepted you are not in a position to argue and l wouldn’t.
They cannot refuse to take a card, they have the facility to take them, what are they going to do..? Call the police and say the customer wants to pay but I want cash ..?

I am half German and been to Germany many times over 61yrs so perhaps I don’t look like a tourist…😉

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Just tried the app and it doesn’t offer a euro account.
55CF0BF7-4226-4751-8BCE-5C9F12DD56CA.png
55CF0BF7-4226-4751-8BCE-5C9F12DD56CA.png
0555CE78-7D74-4734-B4D2-6047189E63E6.png

Mickey.
yes it does Mick

touch touch on the 3 little buttons top right and hey presto

Attachments

• C75F7682-AAD9-472C-B62E-6F7825F5C1E0.png
    C75F7682-AAD9-472C-B62E-6F7825F5C1E0.png
    478.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
They cannot refuse to take a card, they have the facility to take them, what are they going to do..? Call the police and say the customer wants to pay but I want cash ..?

I am half German and been to Germany many times over 61yrs so perhaps I don’t look like a tourist…😉
i'm full english and i don't just mean a breakfast ;) and trust me they can and will refuse to take a card if it suits them, these are strange times admitted but its happening all the time a lately

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
i'm full english and i don't just mean a breakfast ;) and trust me they can and will refuse to take a card if it suits them, these are strange times admitted but its happening all the time a lately
It’s not my experience….. Trust me…😆

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I really did expect some folk to post they use better cards than Revolut and if that is what they believe so be it...

BUT...

Revolut does so much more than just getting cash out of machines and paying bills and I have not yet come across a card which fits my needs as well as Revolut.

I repeat...

Revolut ROOLS...

(but their live text customer support system has flaws. Thank goodness I have only had to call on them once in all these years.)

JJ :cool:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Al n Val , I opened the starling account but it now charges £2 a month for a euro account, making it not worth it for the amount of transactions I’d make.

Mickey.
Phew, so pleased I opened mine ages ago then.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Here Repsol or Cepsa gas deliveries to the door cash only. Farmácia this morning cash only. Any weekly market it is only occasionally you will find one or two who take cards.Most engineering places it is account or cash ,same as any type of steel or ali stockholders.Plenty of places here where cash is the only way of paying. Even the notary to get stuff legally ,signed, stamped, dated cash only. Another gov department for crb + Hague apostille cash.:giggle:
In fact I was only thinking when out today how being caught without cash anywhere here would be a nightmare.
Plus my favourite sports bar only accepts cash! I've got an N26 online account as well which allows you three fee-free cash withdrawals a month so I transfer euros to it from Revolut.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I really did expect some folk to post they use better cards than Revolut and if that is what they believe so be it...

BUT...

Revolut does so much more than just getting cash out of machines and paying bills and I have not yet come across a card which fits my needs as well as Revolut.

I repeat...

Revolut ROOLS...

(but their live text customer support system has flaws. Thank goodness I have only had to call on them once in all these years.)

Just off-track a bit but obviously VERY important to you, it appears they're trying to move the venue for the Champions League final to Portugal. That sounds handy for you instead of watching your team on your mobile 😂. Do you know anyone who could source you a ticket as, after all, you are landed gentry and upper-class 👍

• Funny
Reactions: JJ

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Al n Val , I opened the starling account but it now charges £2 a month for a euro account, making it not worth it for the amount of transactions I’d make.

Mickey.
I see you've sorted it

now stop knocking them when its your cock up, your still new at it Micky so it takes time to learn where the bends are in the circuit 😉 :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I use both Monzo and revolut. Revolut rules for me to make payments to my Irish Bank account with no charges. Monzo I use because all my family have one and its easy to move money around.

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just off-track a bit but obviously VERY important to you, it appears they're trying to move the venue for the Champions League final to Portugal. That sounds handy for you instead of watching your team on your mobile 😂. Do you know anyone who could source you a ticket as, after all, you are landed gentry and upper-class 👍

If they move the match to Lisbon or Porto I am pretty certain I could get a ticket but unfortunately my overall physical condition would make it difficult to attend!

Reactions: SMB
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I know as "Thread Starter" I have no rights to it or in which direction it goes but I feel the uncontrollable need to draw folks' attention to the undeniable fact that I am not in anyway interested it what wretched debit card YOU use... unless it is Revolut...

Even if Mariella Frostrup and Joanna Lumley came over to my van and offered me a very, very naughty threesome if I would start using a different debit card to Revolut I would turn them down.

Okay?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2013
Reading
Funster No
MH
Globecar PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We use combo of Wise (ex TranserWise), Halifax Clarity credit card, Nationwide Flexplus (for ATMs).

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I know as "Thread Starter" I have no rights to it or in which direction it goes but I feel the uncontrollable need to draw folks' attention to the undeniable fact that I am not in anyway interested it what wretched debit card YOU use... unless it is Revolut...

Even if Mariella Frostrup and Joanna Lumley came over to my van and offered me a very, very naughty threesome if I would start using a different debit card to Revolut I would turn them down.

Okay?

I think its great too, bought my Morelo with it, even bought shares in the company which now appear to have nominally increased 10 fold in value. Wish I'd bought more!

Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2009
Could you send them to me please

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You might in Germany l can not believe how many establishments do not take plastic especially considering their attachment to the EU.
I used to go to Germany for business in the early 80's then it was cash or a German debit card very few places accepted CC's and when they did a 5% Surcharge, fuel had to be paid in cash.

All different now, for years cards taken everywhere, our last trip was Germany last October don't remember using any cash, paid for Sellallatz & a taxi by card.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm a big fan of Revolut apart from there crappy customer service via online chat only. Did have an incedent last year where I got charged twice for an item in France after I got on there chat my account was credited instantly.

Current van when we traded it the difference was only €10,000 paid using two Revolut free accounts to avoid charges, buying the Euros a few weeks before saved £400 a 4% saving.

Revolut is also great for Thai Bhat (one daughter lives in Thailand) we can shop on line in Thai stores for pressies for her.

When traveling use Revolut with a Carity card, & Metro Bank as back up, all give similar exchange rates. Revolut has the advantage you can buy currency when the rate is good.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My pension arrives in my English bank monthly.

I am parked in a small Pomar (orchard) (aka QMJ) in the hills of sun drenched central Portugal.

Lounging in my recliner under a cork oak tree, not far from the (tiny) (above ground) pool, I press a couple of buttons on my incredibly smart phone and I have some of those pension pounds available for use here via my Revolut card... instantly.

No fee.

I press a couple of buttons and some of those virtual pounds have been exchanged into Euros at the bank exchange of that second... instantly.

No fee.

I decide not to buy any shares via the Revolut app on my phone which I could have done with the press of a couple of buttons. I am not a capitalist.

I use my money to buy essentials like pies...

A beep goes off.

Mr Brainy tells me Revolut has recieved payment from the guy I arrange Portuguese internet for (he has no local bank account or fiscal number. He does have a Revolut card.) He pressed a couple of buttons on his phone and I got the money on mine... instantly.

No fee.

When I was last in a restaurant (Armaçao de Pera) with a few Revolut using friends, I paid the bill with my Revolut card. I then highlighted those friends on my contact list on Mr Brainy Phone, pressed a couple of buttons and the bill was shared between us via Revolut instantly. (With the friends I dine we don't worry about who had what.)

No Fee.

A cooling breeze eases through the oak tree leaves.

I check how much I now have in my "For Treats Vault" within the Revolut app. Every purchase using the card is rounded up and the excess is stored in this "Vault" for use later. (Now over €100.)

No fee.

I open the app and discover I haven't won £10,000 in the (free) draw...

No prize.

Never the less.

In my peaceful world...

REVOLUT ROOLS...

... but I never keep more than a grand on it just in case. :rofl:

PS. The above is only a small number of the features you get with a Revolut account but my typing finger is exhausted.

PPS. If you read the above ramblings... thanks.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back