I have a solution for good Mobile Data (300G) whilst in Spain (then any zone 1 country) (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Thanks, yes it was your post that made me think it might be close. Appreciate there is also a 400Gb option (I think), but knowing what options you have, if any, might be useful.
There is a 400 gigabytes tariff for c.€60 per month (from memory)….

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Did anyone else put one of these SIMs into a TPLink router and it ask for a PIN number? If so, how did you overcome this, please? Camino has said I need to put the SIM into my mobile and change the SIM lock settings, so that it doesn't require a PIN but, without the SIM PIN I can't do anything. Can anyone help, please?

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Did anyone else put one of these SIMs into a TPLink router and it ask for a PIN number? If so, how did you overcome this, please? Camino has said I need to put the SIM into my mobile and change the SIM lock settings, so that it doesn't require a PIN but, without the SIM PIN I can't do anything. Can anyone help, please?

There is a 4 digit PIN number on the back of the blister card that the SIM pops out of…

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009

There is a 4 digit PIN number on the back of the blister card that the SIM pops out of…
Yes we use a TP link and just input the pin each time we turn it on.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes we use a TP link and just input the pin each time we turn it on.
On a previous sim, yoigo, we had to put the sim in a phone & remove the pin lock first. When the new card from camino was activated yesterday it still wouldn't work & I couldn't get in my TPlink , due to no internet, to access the pin info so had to put card in my phone & remove the pin. Then back in TP it worked straight off . 'Support ' also came back to me stating that had to be done as well. Ithought I'd be able to do it in the router but couldn't ?

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
On a previous sim, yoigo, we had to put the sim in a phone & remove the pin lock first. When the new card from camino was activated yesterday it still wouldn't work & I couldn't get in my TPlink , due to no internet, to access the pin info so had to put card in my phone & remove the pin. Then back in TP it worked straight off . 'Support ' also came back to me stating that had to be done as well. Ithought I'd be able to do it in the router but couldn't ?
I don’t know to be honest. The pin was easy to memorise (even for me which is unusual 😆) so I have just kept it on there.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
So, I've now removed the need for a PIN (thank you Carpmart ) and it's in my TPLink and working fine :) Camino had said that I would need to configure the internet access protocol (APN) (which I don't understand at all :eek: ) but I'm wondering if I still need to do that, since it's working well already. I've emailed her about this and am waiting for a reply. She's being incredibly helpful :)

Reactions: Ven
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
So, I've now removed the need for a PIN (thank you Carpmart ) and it's in my TPLink and working fine :) Camino had said that I would need to configure the internet access protocol (APN) (which I don't understand at all :eek: ) but I'm wondering if I still need to do that, since it's working well already. I've emailed her about this and am waiting for a reply. She's being incredibly helpful :)
APN = Access Point Name, see the link for an explanation.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
APN = Access Point Name, see the link for an explanation.

Oh my goodness! Thank you for helping me to understand but, for my non-techy brain, reading it was as difficult as trying to plait soup!! Honestly, I tried :)

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021

As a follow on from my post above, Camino has now confirmed that I don't need to change anything with the APN as it's up and running perfectly. Another very satisfied customer. Massive thanks again to Carpmart :)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Carpmart I recieved my sim today worked as soon as I inserted into my iPad just had to deactivate sim pin to use in my router. Camino is an absolute darling she sent me some simple instructions for a brain dead old man which I managed very easily also told her that you had influenced my purchase and I am a member of MHF 😊
Thanks again for posting👍

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Carpmart I recieved my sim today worked as soon as I inserted into my iPad just had to deactivate sim pin to use in my router. Camino is an absolute darling she sent me some simple instructions for a brain dead old man which I managed very easily also told her that you had influenced my purchase and I am a member of MHF 😊
Thanks again for posting👍

Absolutely delighted you’re all set up… 👍🏻😎

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Got my sim eventually, the day before we left for France so big sigh of relief.

Now few days into France.

Installed Norton VPN into Firestick and now watching iplayer etc with no probs. Signal so far has been great. Not dropped out anywhere.

Good service from Camino and sim deal is just what we wanted.

👍

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..

Installed Norton VPN into Firestick and now watching iplayer etc with no probs. Signal so far has been great. Not dropped out anywhere.

👍

Thanks for posting! It seems a universal thumbs up for Tiekom and Camino, which is great to hear!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

👍
Just remember that a VPN increases usage by up to 15% & iptv eats it at 5Gb /hour.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002

👍
Great, so the VPN does fool BBC and other UK TV providers.
I've ordered a sim from Camino ready for use after 2nd May when Sky start charging £2 per active online sim per day in the EU. This will go into the mifi which can take up to 10 devices.

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Thanks for that….., wasn’t aware. I’ll monitor and see what it’s using!
Just used iplayer for two and a half hours and it used 9GB so roughly 3.6GB an hour! Bit more than I expected but it is still a good solution for us. As long as we are sensible with how much we watch etc it should be absolutely fine.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Just used iplayer for two and a half hours and it used 9GB so roughly 3.6GB an hour! Bit more than I expected but it is still a good solution for us. As long as we are sensible with how much we watch etc it should be absolutely fine.
Alter the settings on your firestick. Go to settings, display and audio,display, video resolution and select 720p .
Next open iPlayer go to settings, settings and help, video quality and select standard definition.
This should half the amount of data you use.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Alter the settings on your firestick. Go to settings, display and audio,display, video resolution and select 720p .
Next open iPlayer go to settings, settings and help, video quality and select standard definition.
This should half the amount of data you use.

We use a Roku Express. Do you know if the settings can be altered on this at all, please? Thank you :)

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
You need to contact Camino for her to activate the SIM card as they are sent out deactivated.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
We use a Roku Express. Do you know if the settings can be altered on this at all, please? Thank you :)
Can't help with the Roku, you will need to consult madam Google. But settings on iPlayer can be altered on any device.

• Thanks
Reactions: HKF

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
I agree 👍 I got my SIM card the other day sent to me in the UK and once Camino had activated it, all was working perfect 👍
So you are in the UK and using UK networks at a 3rd of the UK price, (100GB) £20 average). Sounds too good to be true really, hope it doesn’t go tits up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back