I have a plan.... A cunning plan ... (1 Viewer)

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Lovely machines but I don't really see the point, you have all the disadvantages of a motorbike (rain, flies, messed up hair, not that I have any, too hot in all your protective gear and no heating in winter) but none of the advantages of filtering & overtaking i.e. not getting stuck in traffic.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Lovely machines but I don't really see the point, you have all the disadvantages of a motorbike (rain, flies, messed up hair, not that I have any, too hot in all your protective gear and no heating in winter) but none of the advantages of filtering & overtaking i.e. not getting stuck in traffic.

I've spent the last 20 years hammering down the A44 and round Donnington Mallory Cadwell and Silverstone. Had so many bikes over the years and likely won't bother with another one. Even Sliders a Island is busy on a Sunday so I can't see the point in that to be honest.

My wife has a spinal injury. So no longer can I risk taking her on the back of even a scooter as even a Tip off at lights could be disastrous.

So the stability of one of the above beasties will give us back a little of what we both miss. We used to ride round the Nurbergring on either a Honda a Blackbird or an R1. But that isn't going to happen again .

Our plan is to winter in Spain and travel extensively in Europe in the other months. Ok it can and will rain but for us this is the best option as the rear seat is brilliant for her and fun for me up front.

This is the plan and it is going to happen....

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
They call it the 'Anal Intruder' in France, because they are great for ramming those STUPID gendarmes who stand in the middle of a road junction, whistle blowing and baton waving. (y)

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
They call it the 'Anal Intruder' in France, because they are great for ramming those STUPID gendarmes who stand in the middle of a road junction, whistle blowing and baton waving. (y)
Offfficzeeer it was Tootles zat told me to do eeeet.. I would have driven round zhu uzzerwise ... Honeeeest ....

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It must be true....... Tootle so said so!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Word for word my thoughts dating back maybe 40 +years !
Trikes are great for the disabled rider who wants to carry on riding something.. so in your case a good option

Oh and of course a good many of them look amazing, but dor me, thats the end of the appeal

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Word for word my thoughts dating back maybe 40 +years !
Trikes are great for the disabled rider who wants to carry on riding something.. so in your case a good option

Oh and of course a good many of them look amazing, but dor me, thats the end of the appeal
My wife is disabled.. This is why one of these on a trailer Behind the MH is for us a better option than a boring car .

The other option which can have a great rear seat is the Peugeot Metropolis or same machine different name Piaggio MP3...

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
:whistle2: Can you A frame it in Spain :Eeek::rofl::reel:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.