UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Ok! Winter's now on us.
I go to work in the dark.........and I come back in the dark

ffiona and I have both decided that NO WAY are we going through the next 6 months inside the bus (warm and comfy as it is) watching INANE television!
ffiona's got her knitting, I quite like a bit of cross stitch (when i can be bothered ), cant really do my model making cos it's just tooooooo messy inside the bus, so.........
We'd quite like to attend speeches and exhibitions in the evenings, especially mid week, to break the week up.
We both like history, scenery, travel and crafts and really enjoy listening to somebody who is obviously knowledgeable on thier subject and can put it across in an interesting and entertaining way.

Question.

Does anyone know of a web site or society which would give us information on forthcoming evensts in our area.
I've already been on the local councils web site and there's quite a few bits and pieces there, but I just wondered what you lot do in the winter.

ps. that goes for house dwellers as well as idiots like me that live in a field!

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Zaskar,

Local library is normally a good source of info.

Thanks. Funnily enough, the local council web site says that the local historical society meets in there 2nd wednesday every month and always has a speeker( didn't say what about tho' - surely cant do a full winter of Wednesdays JUST on Congleton history? :) - the place isn't THAT flippin big! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Just Googled Congleton events.

It's going to be a l-o-n-g winter Zaskar :ROFLMAO:

Graham

THANKS!!!!! :)
Suppose this is what comes of wanting to live away from the metropolis!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
THANKS!!!!! :)
Suppose this is what comes of wanting to live away from the metropolis!
Sorry ::bigsmile:

You mentioned history earlier. You might be surprised at what there is to be found out via local history groups. I just had a look at the Family History Society of Cheshire web site and see that they have a Congleton meeting group - see Link Removed - which you might find interesting.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back