I HATE TECHNOLOGY ...HATE IT! (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Grrrrrrrrrr had to spend all afternoon on the telephone with a lady from Kindle Amazon ...( have to be honest, she was amazing and had the patience of a saint).... . . Trying to update my Kindle version so that it would work again .... AM shattered.

I was worn out .. I can only guess at how she felt after trying to tell me which computer buttons to press ... over and over .. and drag and lose it .. and lose it .. I didn't have a clue .. then . . . .

Just before the end and hours later she took me back to my kindle . . .

'Ok,' she said, 'now we are going to start singing.' I was a bit taken aback.. 'oh, I am not a very good singer ' says I , 'but I will do my best .. I didn't know my kindle had a speaker in it.'

After a deathly silence, she said 'No, put the cursor down the list to the word 'SYNC' and we will start sync ing.'

I REALLY am fed up with all this technology .. I have 3 other problems I need to sort on my computer ..goodness knows how long it will take me to sort THEM. :(

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
lol i'm sure she is away out singing tonight for sure ,, computaa says NO :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Grrrrrrrrrr had to spend all afternoon on the telephone with a lady from Kindle Amazon ...( have to be honest, she was amazing and had the patience of a saint).... . . Trying to update my Kindle version so that it would work again .... AM shattered.

I was worn out .. I can only guess at how she felt after trying to tell me which computer buttons to press ... over and over .. and drag and lose it .. and lose it .. I didn't have a clue .. then . . . .

'Ok,' she said, 'now we are going to start singing.' I was a bit taken aback.. 'oh, I am not a very good singer ' says I , 'but I will do my best .. I didn't know my kindle had a speaker in it.'

After a deathly silence, she said 'No, put the cursor down the list to the word 'SYNC' and we will start sync ing.'

I REALLY am fed up with all this technology .. I have 3 other problems I need to sort on my computer ..goodness knows how long it will take me to sort THEM. :(
Joy do you need a new one ? My old I pad was doing all sorts of odd things new one is so quick!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have been trying to come up with a song title to match your situation, but failed for now, maybe others can be more use than me :)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
No technology with this one
Write on
Wipe off

IMG_0718.PNG

Just going back to bite me apple

I bought a kindle to replace my iPad
I resurected the pad and gave 3 month old
Kindle to daughter in law she loves it
Horses for courses I suppose

May I wish you good luck with your kindle conundrum

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990

just when you had impressed me with your skills in video editing... i.e. your doggy one..
was going to get you to show me how to do that... so its just a matter of getting someone to show you how and a the ability to let it go if it doesn't go right first time. youll get there..(y)
andy

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
what are the ohter tech issue? mebe they're easy to fix with a bit of forum help?

I am trying to work out how to clear an ASUS so that I can sell it.

I am trying to reinstall an app in my phone deleted by accident .. but it wont allow me to because I have already installed the app again. There is already info on it (2nd one) that I don't want to lose.

Tying to sort a prob with paypal account.

Will get there ...... S L O W L Y. :)

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
second one, is the app still there in the background somewhere? sounds as though it might be.

Laptop, bit more tricky, personally I'd wipe it and change the hard drive, is there anything confidential or security risk on it?

Last one, erm, yeah paypal is fun

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Factory reset the ASUS and if you have a trusting friend who is good with computers allow them remote access to you system, that way they can fix the issue direct.(y)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007

'Ok,' she said, 'now we are going to start singing.' I was a bit taken aback:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:.. 'oh, I am not a very good singer ' says I , 'but I will do my best .. I didn't know my kindle had a speaker in it.'

Just told SWMBO and sounds like you two were separated at birth. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
second one, is the app still there in the background somewhere? sounds as though it might be.

Laptop, bit more tricky, personally I'd wipe it and change the hard drive, is there anything confidential or security risk on it?

Last one, erm, yeah paypal is fun

Finding the old app is the problem .. because every time I try to go into it, my phone automatically diverts to the new app. I have decided to spend a day this weekend just reinstalling everything I need off it, onto the second app.

The ASUS: The problem is that I can't stop it automatically logging into my emails .. Grommet says scrub the hard drive. I'm not sure how to but am not worrying about that till NEXT week .. (by which time there will probably be many more issues. :) )

Thanks for trying.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I am trying to work out how to clear an ASUS so that I can sell it.

I am trying to reinstall an app in my phone deleted by accident .. but it wont allow me to because I have already installed the app again. There is already info on it (2nd one) that I don't want to lose.

Tying to sort a prob with paypal account.

Will get there ...... S L O W L Y. :)
Now if you didn't sell your old lap tops then you would always have a back up. I have a cupboard full of them. I still get them out and update them from time to time so they are always on hot standby. ;):)

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Uninstall the email program through the control panel or delete your email account from the program.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Uninstall the email program through the control panel or delete your email account from the program.
I may be coming back to you next week if that's ok please? I promise I will try first.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Gave you a funny for your post Joy but it really is so frustrating when technology doesn't work as it should. Hope you get it sorted soon. :*

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I'm not sure I'd swap this
images (6).jpg

For this
inventions-crazy-people_8.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A song for today ... "I'm going slightly mad" :D

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I don't hate technology but technology hates me!!

I bought a fitness tracker yesterday and downloaded the app as instructed to my phone, Charged the tracker then had to pair the tracker to the app. Should have been simple but 3 hours later after multiple attempts, checking blue tooth and wifi links, etc I gave up. Tried again this morning for half an hour then repackaged it back up and receipt in hand, returned it to the shop for a full refund.:madder::madder::madder:

Back to using map my run on my phone :smiley:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Just found the answer Joy @movan

Books.............libraries.............;)
:lips:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I don't hate technology but technology hates me!!

I bought a fitness tracker yesterday and downloaded the app as instructed to my phone, Charged the tracker then had to pair the tracker to the app. Should have been simple but 3 hours later after multiple attempts, checking blue tooth and wifi links, etc I gave up. Tried again this morning for half an hour then repackaged it back up and receipt in hand, returned it to the shop for a full refund.:madder::madder::madder:

Back to using map my run on my phone :smiley:
But think of the calories you burnt off cursing and swearing at it!:whistle:(y):giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back