Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Pat, I have been fiddling trying to keep the spammers out. Make sure you tick the remember me box and you should be logged right in, if that does not work, please shout. Thanks

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Ive had to log in six times in ten mins, every time I try to post it kicks me out :Sad: Maybe Jims going upmarket and doesnt want the likes of me on his forum ::bigsmile:

16 times now, I cant post as it kicks me out every time I try, Ill log in later and try again.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi John, you managed to post in the end then. Are you sure you used the correct password on those failed attempts, that catches me out quite often. :Blush: If you continue to get log-in problems please let me know here. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 9733

Deleted User
Test Post.. Move along now, nothing to see here:Cool:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Had to log on too this morning.

Have logged off and returned - OK now (no logon required).

Phil

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I have had to re log in a number of times in the past even though I always tick the 'remember me' box.

Never happens elsewhere:Doh:

Unloved Peter:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
If I leave the lappy for half an hour I always have to log in again.

john-A

Free Member
Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
Just checking I always log into every thing and never use "remember me" but logged in ok and posted this ok Happy and health New Year everyone::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It seems that the latest security patch to stop the spammers which I installed this morning can cause an issue with some cookies. What a great holiday I'm having:Doh:::bigsmile:

I am awaiting a support call on this issue; Meanwhile many people have solved it by deleting their browser cookies. So if you are getting logged out, try this

1. Close all browser windows/tabs except for one.
  2. Logout of fun, using the logout button ( top right)
  3. Close the final browser window.
  4. Delete cookies, (See how to clear cookies >here)
  5. Log back in and check the "Remember me?" box

Hopefully this will work for you.. Thanks for your patience:Blush:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim

Every time I read a post I have to log in again.. cleared all cookies and have remember me ticked.

On Vista with Chrome

jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Chrome seems to be the browser which most members are having problems with, but its not exclusive to Chrome.

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Hi John, you managed to post in the end then. Are you sure you used the correct password on those failed attempts, that catches me out quite often. :Blush: If you continue to get log-in problems please let me know here. Thanks.

Hi Jim, I logged in ok, it was when I went to make a post that I was told I wasn't logged in. I managed to post in the end, everything seems back to normal now.

Regards, john

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Chrome seems to be the browser which most members are having problems with, but its not exclusive to Chrome.

On Firefox now and it's ok ..

jim

May 22, 2008
Funster No
I logged on just before Christmas and NORTON blocked the site saying MALWARE was present on the site so I guess Jims sorted it now Happy New year to all .:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
:Sad: I STILL have to log in. Even though when I enter J it knows who I am. :Doh:

I've had that happen a few times - thought it was Jim checking to see if i knew who I was :ROFLMAO: I do get confused at times - the kids tell me its all age related :Eeek:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Have done all you said (hope so, cause first have to translate.... done the cookies that's for sure... didn't get the "inprivate" bit though:RollEyes:) and .... first time it said can't find the site, second time got it but had to log in again. i have shut the window (didn't log out) and tried again and it's still asking me to log in :Sad:what am i suppose to do? Try to explain the simplest way please:Blush:THANK YOU!

Frankie

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Jim,,, I still got to sign in each time, :cry: same as others as soon as i type the "O" in old-mo it is there then put in password and hit the remember me ticky square,, but next time I have to do it all again... :RollEyes:

Can I have my subscription back,, please.. :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry guys, I am waiting on some help for this one. I have one option to try but that will log everyone out, so I will wait till late tonight or early morning. Meanwhile, it would seem that all those using firefox are not having the problem.

OP
OP
ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Sorry guys, I am waiting on some help for this one. I have one option to try but that will log everyone out, so I will wait till late tonight or early morning. Meanwhile, it would seem that all those using firefox are not having the problem.

Hi Jim

Had to log in again this evening but once I had entered my password the remember bar on Firefox reappeared so clicked that and have successfully logged back in several times now:thumb::thumb:

Thanks Pat

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
it would seem that all those using firefox are not having the problem.

Using Firefox but still had to log in if I closed the browser. My browser is set to clear history when closed (don`t know why :whistle:) but usually remembers logins.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
More firefox testing.

All day I've had to log in if I left firefox 3.0xxx for some minutes.

I just installed firefox 3.5.6 and logged in. Log out and the FUN software wants me to log in but FF did remember the password.

So basically the auto log on is broken in FF 3.0xx and FF 3.5xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back