I had my motorhome weighed this week (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I put my Morelo onto the bathroom scales this week and blimey, has she put on some weight recently!:eek:

Its now running at 7,120Kgs with empty utility tanks, half a tank of fuel and not a single beer!

It is good to know what it weighs though and I recommend you do it too just for peace of mind - it was free at the local authority waste site weighbridge as I didn't need a ticket (or Plate I think he said?) £10 if I wanted an official weight.

Just remember (and I didn't), the access ramp, although not looking that steep, still needs you to lift her back up on the suspension to avoid hitting the underside bumper blocks on the ground. Another good lesson.

The guys at the site were really nice too, some of them asked to have a look inside, so of course, I obliged (boots off though lads). They were keen to know how to buy one and their estimates of the cost of my Morelo were dreadfully inadequate; one said "£49K tops I reckon" - he couldn't believe the real numbers!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Interesting exercise, the weighing and guess the price;)

What has she been up to to put on weight?

Is she plated 7.2 or 7.49?

Martin

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Interesting exercise, the weighing and guess the price;)

What has she been up to to put on weight?

Is she plated 7.2 or 7.49?

Martin

I'm not really sure but I reckon the pounds are just piling on the more presents I give her! There's a moral in that story! :D

I suppose we always want to have everything with us all the time, but it all adds to her waist-line doesn't it? The 125cc scooter in her back end doesn't help though.
I did think she was taking a little more oomph to get her going!

She's currently plated at 7.49t

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So by the time it is full of water & diesel there is hardly any pay load left?
**In fact if you have the 380 water tank you'd be overloaded with out even filling with diesel

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Indeed kind Sir. That's why we don't travel with it full of water; never more than 100L or so. Why would we waste fuel running with a full water tank? We fill her up when parked and dump prior to setting off. Simples (y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Indeed kind Sir. That's why we don't travel with it full of water; never more than 100L or so. Why would we waste fuel running with a full water tank? We fill her up when parked and dump prior to setting off. Simples (y)
I doubt that it would even be noticeable in the fuel consumption.
With that plated weight to be struggling with weight & running anything other than full is ludicrous.
If you are filling when there they might as well make it without a tank & plug a hose direct in to the van like the yanks do.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Interesting thread @OurMoreloLife , I for one never considered the problem of payload issues on a 7.49 tonne van, like most I thought you would not have any issues with full tanks and a garage full of stuff.
Can I ask where the weigh bridge station you went is located, was it Reading by any chance?, I cannot find a weighbridge near me that doesnt charge a fee, and the one we had in Guildford closed last year. There is scrap dealer near Blackbushe airport with a weighbridge, but I value my tyres too much as many a puncture has occurred in there.
Many Thanks.
Les

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Interesting thread @OurMoreloLife , I for one never considered the problem of payload issues on a 7.49 tonne van, like most I thought you would not have any issues with full tanks and a garage full of stuff.
Can I ask where the weigh bridge station you went is located, was it Reading by any chance?, I cannot find a weighbridge near me that doesnt charge a fee, and the one we had in Guildford closed last year. There is scrap dealer near Blackbushe airport with a weighbridge, but I value my tyres too much as many a puncture has occurred in there.
Many Thanks.
Les

I know, it's strange but we all need to keep an eye our weight, don't we?

The actual payload is around 1,200Kgs which is soon eaten up I can tell you. The weigh-bridge I used was at White Hart Road, Slough - a Slough Borough Council waste site. The guys there were really nice. Remember to raise her bum as you drive up the ramp if you can.

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I doubt that it would even be noticeable in the fuel consumption.
With that plated weight to be struggling with weight & running anything other than full is ludicrous.
If you are filling when there they might as well make it without a tank & plug a hose direct in to the van like the yanks do.

Each to his own I suppose.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I put my Morelo onto the bathroom scales this week and blimey, has she put on some weight recently!:eek:

Its now running at 7,120Kgs with empty utility tanks, half a tank of fuel and not a single beer!

It is good to know what it weighs though and I recommend you do it too just for peace of mind - it was free at the local authority waste site weighbridge as I didn't need a ticket (or Plate I think he said?) £10 if I wanted an official weight.

Just remember (and I didn't), the access ramp, although not looking that steep, still needs you to lift her back up on the suspension to avoid hitting the underside bumper blocks on the ground. Another good lesson.

The guys at the site were really nice too, some of them asked to have a look inside, so of course, I obliged (boots off though lads). They were keen to know how to buy one and their estimates of the cost of my Morelo were dreadfully inadequate; one said "£49K tops I reckon" - he couldn't believe the real numbers!

How much of your payload is eaten up by all the extra's peter...do you know?

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Yeah, almost all of it!! :D2

(I have no idea Steve, sorry) MAybe I should have weighed it when I got it home from Germany

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Well, I've just added what I consider all the extra's that we need..and it's come back as over a 1000kg. Yikes.:eek:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I travel full but it's a habit gained when using CMC or CCC sites. All I want to do on arrival is follow the Warden or his/her directions & park up. Sussing out facilities locations is best done after a cuppa or something stronger. And with my eco hat on wasting 100+litres of treated water goes against the grain. I wouldn't do that at home (especially on a metered supply). Carrying it has no noticeable effect on fuel consumption - I drag it up hills but it pushes me down the other side.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Yeah, almost all of it!! :D2

(I have no idea Steve, sorry) MAybe I should have weighed it when I got it home from Germany
Are your axle weights ok?

Dont forget that:
1, you have 5% leeway before prosecution.
2, you are unlikely to get stopped and weighed ( yes I know that there are wims in some places but don't really believe they're going to very interested in motorhomes).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back