I got my licence to drive back today! (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Since having an operation on my head on 1st March this year, I was told that my licence was to be suspended for six months but today, out of the blue my licence arrived! Too good to be true after only four months? Well yes and no. My licence by chance had run out during my period without one and also I had a birthday so that my C1 needed another medical. The licence they sent actually included a C1 (up to 7.5 Tons), so being an honest chap I phoned the DVLA to make sure (WHY?). The Dvla thanked me for my honesty and asked for the licence back as I still needed a medical for the C1. They are sending me the forms for my medical which I said were diabolical to fill in, and the person agreed! My car licence however is now active again and I just need to get a doctor to rob me of a fortune to look at my notes and say "Pass!" to renew my C1.
Sunnier climes may yet be on the cards this year.
To anyone who has doubts about the workings of medical matters at the DVLA, I have personally found them to be efficient and helpful beyond expectations for a government department.
Alan

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I just need to get a doctor to rob me of a fortune to look at my notes and say "Pass!" to renew my C1.

Lots of private medical places on the internet just do a search.. DONT go own doctors, they will rip you off..
HGV, COACH, PILOTS etc etc all need private medicals so you will find one nearby...

ex.. http://www.driversmedicals.com/

ps.. Great news on getting it back anyway..

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Congratulations Alan on receiving your freedom back. I'm in a French hospital about to lose my licence for 1 week, I'm lucky.
After a heart attack last week they are now fitting the second stent tonight. Out on Saturday so that's good I suppose. Hope you manage to get away soon. The weather over here has been terrible for weeks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations Alan on receiving your freedom back. I'm in a French hospital about to lose my licence for 1 week, I'm lucky.
After a heart attack last week they are now fitting the second stent tonight. Out on Saturday so that's good I suppose. Hope you manage to get away soon. The weather over here has been terrible for weeks.
Hope all goes well!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Yay! - brilliant news - I know there's still some way to go before you get your moho licence back, bit still - you can at least drive - congratulations!
they are now fitting the second stent tonight
Very best wishes for a painfree and quick recovery, one week's driving the moho seems very little to lose, all things considered!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Since having an operation on my head on 1st March this year, I was told that my licence was to be suspended for six months but today, out of the blue my licence arrived! Too good to be true after only four months? Well yes and no. My licence by chance had run out during my period without one and also I had a birthday so that my C1 needed another medical. The licence they sent actually included a C1 (up to 7.5 Tons), so being an honest chap I phoned the DVLA to make sure (WHY?). The Dvla thanked me for my honesty and asked for the licence back as I still needed a medical for the C1. They are sending me the forms for my medical which I said were diabolical to fill in, and the person agreed! My car licence however is now active again and I just need to get a doctor to rob me of a fortune to look at my notes and say "Pass!" to renew my C1.
Sunnier climes may yet be on the cards this year.
To anyone who has doubts about the workings of medical matters at the DVLA, I have personally found them to be efficient and helpful beyond expectations for a government department.
Alan
Great news enjoy your first trip!

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations on getting your car licence back. The other will come in time.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Congratulations on getting your licence back. I don think I would have been so honest though :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I hope all goes well for you.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Result !
Time to start adventuring again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.