I don't understand a question on the ccc website. (1 Viewer)

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,

I'm about to book at a campsite which is owned by the Camping and caravanning Club. I have a Fiat ducato van conversion by IH motorhomes.

On the website is this question.
I have a converted unit – will you accept me on your sites?
A: If your caravan, motorhome or trailer tent is not of a proprietory make, please send clear photographs to the Club’s UK Club Sites Department, for consideration by the Sites Director.
Looking at other websites from the club this pops up a lot. Does this mean I am not allowed on ccc sites or have to ask permission or am I reading the question wrong and it doesn't apply to me.

Has anyone come across this before?

Many thanks.

Tec.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Went to CC site at Kendal last week....And this is TRUE! A guy rolls up with an electrical disabled three wheeled scooter pulling a two wheeled sleeping trailer.......And he was a member!!.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tecnikal

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ok thanks. In fact it is in the Lake District where I am going. I won't worry then. As you can see in my picture it's not in bad condition. I just didn't want them saying "Get off my land" because I don't have a posh coachbuilt :)

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi all,

I'm about to book at a campsite which is owned by the Camping and caravanning Club. I have a Fiat ducato van conversion by IH motorhomes.

On the website is this question.
I have a converted unit – will you accept me on your sites?
A: If your caravan, motorhome or trailer tent is not of a proprietory make, please send clear photographs to the Club’s UK Club Sites Department, for consideration by the Sites Director.
Looking at other websites from the club this pops up a lot. Does this mean I am not allowed on ccc sites or have to ask permission or am I reading the question wrong and it doesn't apply to me.

Has anyone come across this before?

Many thanks.

Tec.
in this instance, the club is referring to home converted vans, not those converted by manufacturers like IH, swift, etc etc

just ignore it as it is not relevant to your van

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
They are trying to prevent peeps from turning up in panel vans with a mattress thrown on the floor and a bucket for a loo claiming that they have a converted van. Nothing to worry about re your booking.

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We live just opposite the C&CC club in Normans Bay and we see al sorts there. Year before last there was a light aircraft fuselage converted to a caravan!! Not much room inside but it looked good. (y)

Upvote 0

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi I built my son a teardrop caravan he joined the CCC because the CC club needed photos, who the maker was etc
he has had no issues on any CCC site infact the people on site are always asking him were he got the teardrop from
Paul

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
They are trying to prevent peeps from turning up in panel vans with a mattress thrown on the floor and a bucket for a loo claiming that they have a converted van. Nothing to worry about re your booking.
Why , everyone has to start somewhere

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Why , everyone has to start somewhere

Agreed that everyone has to start somewhere but I guess that many sites have had problems with peeps abusing their facilities etc. by turning up in their work's transit with a mattress in the back and a bunch of mates and getting trashed each night. It is also possible that they are trying to make it more difficult for mobile tarmac layers taking over their sites and trashing the place. See other suggestions above. You'll find these conditions common for many sites and festivals so it seems evident that some people have made it more difficult for others.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Agreed that everyone has to start somewhere but I guess that many sites have had problems with peeps abusing their facilities etc. by turning up in their work's transit with a mattress in the back and a bunch of mates and getting trashed each night. It is also possible that they are trying to make it more difficult for mobile tarmac layers taking over their sites and trashing the place. See other suggestions above. You'll find these conditions common for many sites and festivals so it seems evident that some people have made it more difficult for others.
Don't think you will find many Tarmac layers paying ccc rates

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When we first started in the 60s in a Austin a 35 van with old corn sacks in the back wouldn't dreamed of paying ccc prices , that was for the elite , we parked anywhere we could, suppose it's called wild camping now , in our day we couldn't afford anything else , remember waking up one morning , half way up horseshoe pass , snowed in over night, them were the days

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Don't think you will find many Tarmac layers paying ccc rates
I don't think that they will be paying the parking fees down at Brighton either but it doesn't seem to stop them taking over places and trashing them.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back