Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Went to lowdhams yesterday to see what they might give me for my motorhome and saw the same model as mine and same 24000 mileage with a 32999 price tag on then went to see a salesman and gave him details of mine I will give you 19000 for it Told him I'd just seen the one on his compound and he said oh that's a limited edition but its the same as mine I said. O but it was part exchanged he said. Yeh but it's a big difference I said. Oh I think it has been there a long time and is not selling at that price. I couldn't be bothered to ask how long it had been there but if it was not selling at that price and they were making at least 14000 on it then wouldn't they drop the price Must think I am a mug. Thinking of selling to pay mortgage off 5 years early. We have Robin Hood in nottingham you know

Last edited:
OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Here it is same as mine where does it say limited edition?

http://www.lowdhams.com/used-motorh...de-45619.3/Used-bessacarr-e495-fiat-2007---57. So how much can I realistically sell mine for with full service history habitation check last nov tracker just renewed for a year and bike rack for not one not two not three but four bike racks and incidentally the shelf on the door is intact on mine where as the one in this one is broken and as it is moulded to the door would need a whole new indoor plastic panel ok I cannot offer the warranty

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Went to lowdhams yesterday to see what they might give me for my motorhome and saw the same model as mine and same 24000 mileage with a 32999 price tag on then went to see a salesman and gave him details of mine I will give you 19000 for it Told him I'd just seen the one on his compound and he said oh that's a limited edition but its the same as mine I said. O but it was part exchanged he said. Yeh but it's a big difference I said. Oh I think it has been there a long time and is not selling at that price. I couldn't be bothered to ask how long it had been there but if it was not selling at that price and they were making at least 14000 on it then wouldn't they drop the price Must think I am a mug. Thinking of selling to pay mortgage off 5 years early. We have [HI]Robin Hood in nottingham[/HI] you know

I think I too met him at Lowdhams
this supercilious Bstd who spoke to you

So now you have Robin Hood at Nottingham:thumb:
and his cousin Robin Sodd at Lowdhams:Angry:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
That sounds about right for most large dealers. They had a 2008 Trigano Tribute 650 for sale there last year and when i asked them for the reason that it was more expensive than i had paid new in 2008 he said they had gone up in price. New one yes but second hand..the mind boggles. They must need these extreme profit margins to survive. Probably Johns Cross can enlighten us.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Johns Cross are very fair indeed.

They offered us £5k more for our van than another dealer did against a very, very expensive German van.

Dealers do have to make a profit and have to warrant a vehicle.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Shame they are so far away from me. Can recommend HEART OF ENGLAND near WEEDON.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
lets face it your van is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Why condem someone for not agreeing to pay your price. advertise it privately it could be a bit of a shock. Dont leave it too long though or that dealer might drop his price.:winky:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I would suggest you advertise the Bessie for around £26995 to get some interest and a sale. Thats just off the top of my head guess though.

Good luck

Peter

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Johns Cross are very fair indeed.

They offered us £5k more for our van than another dealer did against a very, very expensive German van.

Dealers do have to make a profit and have to warrant a vehicle.

I agree they do have to make a profit,but not to that tune.Lets face it though he was a sale man and what are sales men full of? I reckon if he maybe spoke to someone else he may have got a better offer,especially if there was no hagling on a new van.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Went to lowdhams yesterday to see what they might give me for my motorhome and saw the same model as mine and same 24000 mileage with a 32999 price tag on then went to see a salesman and gave him details of mine I will give you 19000 for it Told him I'd just seen the one on his compound and he said oh that's a limited edition but its the same as mine I said. O but it was part exchanged he said. Yeh but it's a big difference I said. Oh I think it has been there a long time and is not selling at that price. I couldn't be bothered to ask how long it had been there but if it was not selling at that price and they were making at least 14000 on it then wouldn't they drop the price Must think I am a mug. Thinking of selling to pay mortgage off 5 years early. We have Robin Hood in nottingham you know

Great idea to pay the mortgage off early,better idea to sell hose buy smaller one and chop van in for a bigger one and hit the road jack.:RollEyes:

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
It's the name of the game I guess. Think they are taking the p with that offer. May be different if you were to part x. Would think you stand a better chance with a private sale. There is a company in Nottingham that act as brokers and do all the advertising and showing people round but they will charge you 10% of sale price, they do have the incentive to get the best price for you of course.

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Great idea to pay the mortgage off early,better idea to sell hose buy smaller one and chop van in for a bigger one and hit the road jack.:RollEyes:

Only 51 wife is 45 idea is to pay off the 25000 I owe and be mortgage free then save the money so we can both retire comfortably by the time I am sixty and buy a new van then with the money and bogger off down to Spain etc for six months on end in the winter. Or even go part time sometime soon and enjoy a bit of life instead of working forever. Di lost her mum and dad within 6 weeks of each other last year one was 82 and the other 76. At the mo my dad who is 81 is in hospital with acute heart failure and a large blood clot so my outlook on life is why work your balls off until you die paying off mortgage and saving some equals a better future :winky: by the way oak tree motor homes down the road will give me 22500 cheque straight away or 24000 if we leave it with them and they can sell it within the next six weeks lowdham eat your heart out

Last edited:
OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
By what I will save on storage mot tax insurance habitation service engine service new tyres etc etc etc will get me a couple of weeks holiday abroad a year as we have done Spain Italy France Germany Austria switzerland holland Belgium Luxembourg etc in motorhome and would now like to go further afield to places you cannot get to in a motorhome my daughter is going to be leaving uni in seven weeks and a 6 berth motorhome is too big anyway

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
It does not have to be a new van as many Funsters will tell you. With an older vehicle repairs are easier and less likely as they are simpler. Depreciation is also lots less.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Dont understand Paulas, on one thread you want to go to Spain for 6 months in the next one you want to go further afield for 2 weeks??

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years

Only 51 wife is 45 idea is to pay off the 25000 I owe and be mortgage free then save the money so we can both retire comfortably by the time I am sixty and buy a new van then with the money and bogger off down to Spain etc for six months on end in the winter. Or even go part time sometime soon and enjoy a bit of life instead of working forever. Di lost her mum and dad within 6 weeks of each other last year one was 82 and the other 76. At the mo my dad who is 81 is in hospital with acute heart failure and a large blood clot so my outlook on life is why work your balls off until you die paying off mortgage and saving some equals a better future :winky: by the way oak tree motor homes down the road will give me 22500 cheque straight away or 24000 if we leave it with them and they can sell it within the next six weeks lowdham eat your heart out

If it were me i would be inclined to take a gamble and take the lower offer,dealer will want to get best price so maybe put up for top end there for take longer to sell (maybe).In which time you may have paid a few payments on your mortgage.Dont know what your payments are but take into account other costs that go with it (insurances etc) I paid mine off with wifes ISA ::bigsmile: As mine is locked in for longer and makes more than hers.The interest on hers was less than interest paid on mortgage.Nice feeling to have your deeds in hand .Shame about the wifes ISA though.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Dont understand Paulas, on one thread you want to go to Spain for 6 months in the next one you want to go further afield for 2 weeks??

Yes go to Spain for six months in winter in about 9 to 10 years time when I have retired early and can make more use of having a motorhome that is what I put. Go further afield now while I am still working and only get two weeks off at a time

Last edited:
OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
If it were me i would be inclined to take a gamble and take the lower offer,dealer will want to get best price so maybe put up for top end there for take longer to sell (maybe).In which time you may have paid a few payments on your mortgage.Dont know what your payments are but take into account other costs that go with it (insurances etc) I paid mine off with wifes ISA ::bigsmile: As mine is locked in for longer and makes more than hers.The interest on hers was less than interest paid on mortgage.Nice feeling to have your deeds in hand .Shame about the wifes ISA though.:ROFLMAO:

Can take the money now and pay off all the mortgage when I get it then be MF by the end of April that will be a great feeling then all that money can go into isa etc:thumb:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Yes go to Spain for six months in winter in about 9 to 10 years time when I have retired early and can make more use of having a motorhome that is what I put. Go further afield now while I am still working and only get two weeks off at a time

Sorry misunderstood you.:Smile:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that

you have our sympathy we to lost a parent each within six weeks and it took us 3 years to recover from it, not that we realised at the time .

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
you have our sympathy we to lost a parent each within six weeks and it took us 3 years to recover from it, not that we realised at the time .

Yes really bad times sorry to hear that you went through the same dont wish it on anyone every time my daughter comes home from uni for a few days we give her bad news this easter was no better hopefully times will get better only a few short months gone by

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
You are still a young couple at 51-45 interest rates are at rock bottom, I would sell and stash rather than paying off such a small low interest mortgage at this time. Having a large sum in the bank would give you the incentive to add to it.
Enjoy your M/H running costs savings on some fabulous long haul before you get too old to appreciate it, Then in 15 short years you will be 66-60 with 100k in the bank with your mortgage paid off and raring to go.:winky:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
, Then in 15 short years you will be 66-60 with 100k in the bank with your mortgage paid off and raring to go.:winky:

Or dead and wishing you would of done it when you could.

Take nothing for granted .....

Don't do it Paulus, the biggest problem is getting a van in the first place, you have it,

If I had no van I would have no mortgage and I'm only 43 and it would of been paid years ago. I would have a lovely new bathroom and probably a kitchen as well.

I don't, I have another 2yrs and 10 months to pay and a whole lot of memories already gained and a whole lot of great weekends and times away.

You know you will have to do what feels right.....

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
[HI]Or dead and wishing you would of done it when you could.[/HI]

Take nothing for granted .....

Don't do it Paulus, the biggest problem is getting a van in the first place, you have it,

If I had no van I would have no mortgage and I'm only 43 and it would of been paid years ago. I would have a lovely new bathroom and probably a kitchen as well.

I don't, I have another 2yrs and 10 months to pay and a whole lot of memories already gained and a whole lot of great weekends and times away.

You know you will have to do what feels right.....

Ahah !!
got you sussed then Paul !!

You are the site Buddhist and I claim my five pounds

Death.. its a win win situation mate

If there is life after death, well thats a bonus !

If there is nothing after death, well you do not KNOW what you are missing and you cannot have regrets cos you do not know anything anymore :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back