I don't think my gas tariff is right? (1 Viewer)

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Having been moved from one of the bankrupted energy companies I thought I'd try and set up a direct debit:
BG Direct Debit.png

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Eeeeeekkkkkkkk.

I hope you get it sorted out fast. In the meantime make sure the direct debit does not take effect!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kannon Fodda

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Eeeeeekkkkkkkk.

I hope you get it sorted out fast. In the meantime make sure the direct debit does not take effect!
At that point I stopped. No bank details given so I can wait for them to get their act together. And that is just the gas bill for a little 2 bed semi det house. Who knows what they want for the electric .....

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Seems about right for 'British' Gas..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Our first Npower bill back in 2000 was £7000.
We queried it and they insisted it was correct.
They even sent their dept chasers who got told to f*** off.
Funnily, it never got to county court which you would expect.
12 years and 3 solicitors letters later they accepted it was the previous householders arrears.
The last solicitors letter suggested they check their billing history pre 2000.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
At that point I stopped. No bank details given so I can wait for them to get their act together. And that is just the gas bill for a little 2 bed semi det house. Who knows what they want for the electric .....

A watch out! you may know this but if you had a DD set up with the old failed supplier then that bank detail automatically goes over to the new supplier.

Unless you cancelled it as i did, then set up new when my new account was set up.

OP
OP
Kannon Fodda

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
A watch out! you may know this but if you had a DD set up with the old failed supplier then that bank detail automatically goes over to the new supplier.

Unless you cancelled it as i did, then set up new when my new account was set up.
Yep I had cancelled the old Direct Debit. Realistically I'm sitting tight and waiting for them to start to catch up on the chaos. Haven't had a proper final bill from the last supplier. Have had no details of the credit refund - was around £250. Have had no details of the electric tariff, only gas (which is a big hike but not anything like the figures above), and if there is any "dual fuel" discount. And only wanted to do direct debit as I can then "ignore" it without getting nagging messages to somehow go and pay somewhere plus direct debit is often a tad cheaper. Will also be really interesting to know if they can read the very recently installed electric smart meter remotely or if that was a waste of effort, and if they will get around to a gas smart meter which the other supplier was in the process of doing.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Yep I had cancelled the old Direct Debit. Realistically I'm sitting tight and waiting for them to start to catch up on the chaos. Haven't had a proper final bill from the last supplier. Have had no details of the credit refund - was around £250. Have had no details of the electric tariff, only gas (which is a big hike but not anything like the figures above), and if there is any "dual fuel" discount. And only wanted to do direct debit as I can then "ignore" it without getting nagging messages to somehow go and pay somewhere plus direct debit is often a tad cheaper. Will also be really interesting to know if they can read the very recently installed electric smart meter remotely or if that was a waste of effort, and if they will get around to a gas smart meter which the other supplier was in the process of doing.

we were transferred to Octopus late September . account set up reasonably quickly. but they say until the administrators sort things out we will not have a final bill or know our exact credit / debit that will be transferred to new account. They say that could take some time.

they have given me new tariff and new DD. ( but not at your quoted DD i am pleased to say!)

PS: they are already reaDING OUR new SMART METER FITTED ABOT 2 MONTHS BEFORE THEY CRASHED. BUT OUR GAS METER IS STILL NOT TRANSFERED TO A SMART METER.

excuse the capitals .... finger trouble.. :doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back